18 coaches online • Server time: 04:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
maxlongstreet

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2006 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

This isn't a particularly unusual skill choice situation, but I'm at a crossroads. My Orc Blitzer (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=2701144) has taken Guard, +AG, followed by tackle. He received his fourth skill without a niggle. This player is very important to my team--With plus agility, he's both my most common ballhandler and deep safety (with his ability to dodge off markers for blitzes). The team is a straightforward, by the numbers orc team (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&team_id=231688).

There's a a few different ways I could go here. Strip ball would improve him as a blitzing safety. Sure hands would improve him as a ball handler. Mighty Blow would be the by the numbers choice that would work against any team. Pass Block is silly but fun, and he might actually use it. Pro isn't an unreasonable choice. I'd be interested to hear what people think.
PeteW

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2006 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

MB

MB

EDIT: Ooops - apologies for the double post. I must have mightily blown the left mouse button...

Last edited by PeteW on %b %22, %2006 - %17:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
spelledaren

Since you have no thrower and lots of MB, go sure hands.

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2006 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Strip ball
Moxy

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2006 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

pass block, always nice to mess up the opponents when they toss the ball
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2006 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Strip ball!

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2006 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure hands or mighty blow, because he is now able to blitz whom you want to and pick up the ball directly after the blitz - even in tackle zones.
f_alk

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2006 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Strip Ball ... and then hope for the doubles for Leap to make him a Wardancer.
Sure hands otherwise.
Webbe

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2006 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

well, if you get a double SF is a nobrainer but otherwise strip ball. All your other blitzers got mb, this one is a diva, not a team worker.
Getting spp on your other guys is more important though, epspecially the BoBs.
Dominik

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2006 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

AG4 calls for Dodge instead of SF, especially on the blitzers.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2006 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm 100% with Webbe on this one.

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2006 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

My vote is definitely for Strip Ball - less of a need for Sure Hands with 4AG and it sounds like you already have plenty of MB on your team (didn't look).
FreshFruitFiend

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2006 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Whatever you do, do NOT give him mighty blow. You have a lot of it, and it's out of place on a ball handling ag 4 orc anyway.

With that said, I would shy away from sure hands as well. You have your throwers for that, and you can always pass to your blitzer upfield anyway and get the most use out of his movement.

I think it comes down to pro and strip ball. Normally I would say strip ball no question, but since he already has tackle, he will relatively profficient at knocking the ball away from even blodgers. And strip ball doesn't help on a block roll. However, it is still a very useful choice-- just not the flat out obvious one.

I would probably go with pro myself. A blitzer of his stats and of his use on your team can really use that extra insurance for when he needs to go for it, catch, or really needs to knock someone down. The ability to do this even if you are out of rerolls is extremely good on this type of play in my opinion.

Good luck!

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2006 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Have you ever asked, why sometimes, a wardancer can do nothing against a cage even if he has strip ball?
The answer is: because your blitzer has sure hands!
 Jump to: