33 coaches online • Server time: 09:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
phil78

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2006 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

After getting KO'd from the warpstone open I think its time to start rebuilding my wood elf team.(finishing the 2nd half with no players vs a pro elf team Embarassed )

I'm thinking mostly of firing all the niggled players, especially the 2 catchers with 2 each. However this will leave me with only 7 players for my next match , with enough cash to buy a new positional or hire a lineelf and a freebooter for the next game.

One of the drawbacks I can see is that the team will end up leaning too heavily on the already developped WDs .

Just wonderred what other people would do with the team.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=153449

Last edited by phil78 on %b %23, %2006 - %00:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2006 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Buy one lineman.

Sack the thrower and the oneturner catcher.

After the first game, sack the other catcher and get a new one.

Never use apo on nigglers.

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2006 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

then play me Smile

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=235121

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2006 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Buy one lineman.

Sack the thrower and the Ag5 catcher.

After the first game, sack the other catcher and buy a new catcher.

Never use apo on nigglers.

The reason that you should keep the one turner instead of the Ag5 one is simple, it's ability to score in one turn can win you the game. I managed to beat AFK_Eagles team into very small pieces today and he still managed to get a 4-4 draw against my orcs simply becuase I couldn't stop his one turner. There is a quite big chance that the niggler you keep might decide to stay in the reserves box. Therefor you should strongly consider to go into the next game undermanned and hope your superior skills wins the game (an 8 player team will have more skills per player than an 11 player team of the same team str).

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2006 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I said to sack the oneturner cause the AG5 is a far better defender (and has block).
Phil is likely to play other elves in his recoveries (if he wants to live), and the defender can give him the edge. Plus, block is invaluable when all players need to be used to their fullest. Plus, a blodge Divintackler with AG5 can win you games. A Oneturner without block (who you are forced to field) will be chased and fouled into oblivion asap instead. At least I'd do that. Very Happy

Anyway, the path is the one indicated by me and Taffsadar. Choose the catcher to sack first, but remember you will have to sack both VERY soon.

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2006 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

bye for newton and einstein for 50 TR

you drop to 197.

10players left 1 MNG.

I d also sack linus the nig MNG player for 20 TR drop. Total of the effect:

TR 177

buy a positional. or better just a line. Buy lines until you get healthy.

werner should go quickly after you get 13. Bye. Team back.

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2006 - 00:40 Reply with quote Back to top

true the catchers can still cause your opponents problems, but they weight of 25 TR. IMO, immediate sack. A TR 180 team is less dangerous than a 200 one. Accept the loss and get the team back quick.

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2006 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd personally recommend purchasing linemen only for a little while - that extra 20k for a lino/thrower doesn't seem like a lot, but with 5 nigglers to replace, that's a whole extra player (3x90k = 270, 4x70k=280). I'd also drop both of the double niggled catchers and the thrower. Harder to win games for sure, but double nigglers miss 1 in 3 matches - and in the long run, you don't really want them scoring any of the TDs anyway. Sad

Keep the -ma, n lino for the moment - perfect for LoS fodder (not too many SPPs).

And use the stars to get the new linemen touchdowns - it won't take that long to get a skill on each of the new guys, which helps a lot.

nexusvalhees

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2006 - 00:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd sack all the niglers would bring you down to 156 tr buy youself a tree take some of the line hits after that with a 15 ff you should be able to hire a new player every game and with some luck you won't just be replacing dead
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2006 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Laviak wrote:
I'd personally recommend purchasing linemen only for a little while - that extra 20k for a lino/thrower doesn't seem like a lot, but with 5 nigglers to replace, that's a whole extra player (3x90k = 270, 4x70k=280). I'd also drop both of the double niggled catchers and the thrower. Harder to win games for sure, but double nigglers miss 1 in 3 matches - and in the long run, you don't really want them scoring any of the TDs anyway. Sad

Keep the -ma, n lino for the moment - perfect for LoS fodder (not too many SPPs).

And use the stars to get the new linemen touchdowns - it won't take that long to get a skill on each of the new guys, which helps a lot.

did you rewrite my text in a better english or do you just have a french as a model Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2006 - 08:32 Reply with quote Back to top

OK, I'm a fairly new player, so some additional input would be really helpful...

I've retired a few WE teams already because by the second game they are so mangled that I don't see how to bring them back. If you are going into a game 2 players short, you are likely to get ganged up on and lose even more players (and the game [and the FF]). So how, in the instance of this particular team, can you even try to bring them back into fighting form?
tautology

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2006 - 09:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Jaelum
Spec some of the better elf coaches (FischerKing or Smess for instance) and you'll begin to see how to play woodelves without getting pulverized.
One of the key points is to not allow your opponent to take unnecessary blocks against your team, especially with mighty-blow players.
It's more about setting up screens and making him commit, then you move in with your superior MA and AG and steal the ball away Smile
It helps to play softer opponents with high FF when rebuilding (if you can find them).
HolyG

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2006 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Step 1. Throw away 2 re-rolls - pick yr rating down, play 1 game 'choose carefully' try to grab that 1 recovery game and enuf cash to replace the liney, then after that dump him buy another and pick you next game carefully as well.

Imo

Gudluk
albator2001

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2006 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Play only vs elfs, woodies, high elfs and dark elfs.

If you play vs bashy teams, your team will be destroyed ...
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2006 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Buckskin wrote:
Step 1. Throw away 2 re-rolls - pick yr rating down, play 1 game 'choose carefully' try to grab that 1 recovery game and enuf cash to replace the liney, then after that dump him buy another and pick you next game carefully as well.

Imo

Gudluk

mmmmm, that's Phil78 team, and he already changed his team.