61 coaches online • Server time: 18:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who do you think will win the final?
Sweden
52%
 52%  [ 66 ]
Finland
47%
 47%  [ 60 ]
Total Votes : 126

lordchaos

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2006 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes it's really sad. Canucks can overcome anything though. Bertuzzi has to step up though(which he didn't in the olympics) but the twins and carter are always gold.

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2006 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Philly and the Ranger looks good with theese goalies backing them up (Lundquist and Nitty). I think it is funny that they where both supposed to be the 2nd string for this season. And now alot thanks to their stellar play (and Jagr and Forsberg) they are favorites to go far into the playoffs.

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2006 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

It was an exciting match. Nearly as exciting as the ladies curling gold match where the last stone in the extra end had to decide the match.
Btw, Torino 2006 where fine olympics to watch on tv.

Webbe

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2006 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, great game and all, but my feelings were stronger when I watched the swedish womens hockey team beating USA in the semifinal prolly cause it was so unexpected (and maybe because I normally think womens hockey are ridiculous).

All in all, by far Swedens best winter olympics ever.
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2006 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

i havent really watched any OL at all but im glad that sweden won GJ !
lordchaos

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2006 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Despite Canada's early exit in mens hockey, it was our best winter olympics ever. All thanks to the women of our great and beautiful country. Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2006 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

OS-GOLD, OS-GOLD, OS-GOLD... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Of all the golds we've got, this was the best. (To be honest I didnt think we'd stand a chance. Shocked But Im happy I was wrong. Razz )

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2006 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

http://ukko.fi/ruotsi/
Adar

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2006 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Sippa wrote:
http://ukko.fi/ruotsi/

Sweden truely did great things during WW2 Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2006 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH !
Sweden is the no.1 hockey team !
Sippa

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2006 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

IMO had Finland been conquered by soviets and Sweden joined the allies, WWII would have been complitely different war. Still very bloody though.

http://www.riemurasia.net/jylppy/displayimage.php?pos=-7734
Mr. Green
Pirrekurr

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2006 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Skrofler wrote:
Pirrekurr wrote:
I can admit, not very brave but it have kept us out of war in 197 years...

Treaty of Kiel 1814. Sweden has been at peace for 192 years.
Sorry! I couldn't help myself.

If it's treatys and not when the actual hostilites ended that counts, then Sweden is still at war with San Marino since we have never signed a peace treaty with them since the 30years war, at least I think it was that war...

As to talking about the game. I thought that an olympic gold medal would reawakening my interest for hockey. I saw the game and was very pleased with the win, call it the rambling of a bitter and hangover man, but the happiness of winning is nothing compared to the devastation of losin four years ago to Belarus. I guess I just have to face the truth. My hockeyinterest is dead. My country could probably win every game for the next 40 years and it still wouldn't be awakened, and I who really wanted it to awaken again. Crying or Very sad

Don't take me wrong, I'm very pleased that we won. Most of all I'm very happy for the players, and especially Mats Sundin. He really deserved to win something big. Now he only have the Stanley Cup and the World Cup left...

Now I look forward to the World Cup of Soccer this summer in Germany. My interest for fotball is at least still intact...

Sippa wrote:
IMO had Finland been conquered by soviets and Sweden joined the allies, WWII would have been complitely different war. Still very bloody though.

Let's not kid ourself. If Sweden would have joined WW2, it would hardly have been on the allied side. Our largest partner in trade was Germany, most of our top militaries had nazisympathies, even today wellknown companyfounders in Sweden where members of the naziparty and so on.

Of course, with our two closest countries, Norway and Finland on different sides, it would probably been hard to chose. But among those swedes that did join other countries' armies, a majority joined the Finnish and the German army, and only a minority the allies. I admit, this is shamesful but true.
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2006 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, to be really, brutally honest, I have to admit that the better team won. The second period was just awful, Finns playd like they were zombies.

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2006 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

http://chat.mapleleafs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15602

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2006 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Feel the pain

Jump to: