62 coaches online • Server time: 17:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What skill shall I give my Blitzer?
Guard
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Mighty Blow
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Pass Block
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
Pro
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Shadowing
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Strip Ball
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Sure Hands
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Don't know
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 14

Dominik

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2006 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

My star player is really important for my team. A second niggling injury or -ma or whatever would lead to a retirement.
Shall I skill my blitzer http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=1444704 or try to avoid any further spp as long as possible?

Note for this player:
I do not try to use him as ball carrier... but when he is the only one that can pick up the ball into two tackle zones then the only goal is to hold the ball and make a td.
So he isn't a "free" blitzer like most blitzers are, bec. sometimes he has to handle with balls.

Last edited by Dominik on %b %25, %2006 - %15:%Feb; edited 3 times in total
DonTomaso

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2006 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Will he be an important part of your team if he does nothing but Guard and Stand there?

If you are in a tournament I'd say delay, otherwise don't put up the inevitable...

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2006 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I blitz whenever I have to blitz with him. I meant making passes willingly to skill him. Would you?
qk

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2006 - 14:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd retire him with honors, but if that isn't an option, I'd use him as much as possible, maybe luring the opponent into targeting him until he dies, niggles out or skills up...

2 little cents there!

Good luck
qk
Dominik

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2006 - 15:09 Reply with quote Back to top

No ageing (I had to score)! Smile
Normal skill roll... Guard, Mighty Blow, Pro, Pass Block, Shadowing, Strip Ball, Sure Hands?
I tend to use him as defensive blitzer in the most critical situations.
Scratch

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2006 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard/strip ball. if your using him to blitz with hig agi id say strip ball
Drud

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2006 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard: Always good, thought it might not be great for this guy, even though he could put an assist anywhere.

Mighty Blow: Would match fine with your block/tackle, but your team seems to have a few already, and your BOB's and 3 other blitzers will all get it eventually, this guy is not a standard orc.

Pass Block: Is really nice with AG5, but it's really not much more than a nuisance since it's basically ignored with safe throw.

Strip Ball: Would be great. With Dodge, SF and AG5 he can dodge into 3 TZ (a cage) 75% of the time (4+ with reroll (unless there's a tackler in every corner he can reach)), with no chance of a turnover. It might put him in serious danger (but what wont? :p).

I'd pick Strip Ball.
 Jump to: