33 coaches online • Server time: 09:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2006 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

So.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=15517

What to do. Won't hire stars, skeletons, ghouls or mummies - don't need any more re-rolls, and feel buying/dumping re-rolls to be so wastefull Smile.

One idea would be to start amping up cheerleaders/assistent coaches to deny the opponent kick of rolls, which likely will become important with time (as I doubt the FF will stay that "high"). If yes, how much money to keep as a reserve?

[And no, I won't ever take DP on them.]

-Mnemon
Zaghrog

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2006 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

How about a wizard? Also, theres a handicap that causes you to lose half of your rerolls, so...

'Ere we go, 'ere we go, 'ere we go...
sKink

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2006 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Undead can't hire wizards Sad.

Get a few ass. coaches and cheerleaders and start hiring count. Or, if you dont want count, then you just have to burn money. There is nothing you can buy. Keep money to get 2-3 zombies.

Oh yea, and play my khemri: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=238980.

Thats no mummies, but I'm weak so I use positionals Razz.

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2006 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

My zombie team <i>did</i> buy some Skeletons: but they're Zombies really! Or at least they try their best to play like them by only moving 4 squares normally. If they go for it, they seem to get their first square for free without rolling ... and their armour seems to break more often than it should ... But anyway, they're quite convinced that they are Zombies!

Despite this, the team have still been left with nothing to spend money on. I've resorted to simply dumping it, to be honest.

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2006 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm with Skink (though there is no disgrace in buying Skeletons). Dump money, but not too much.

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2006 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

imo...keep the money...if you progress further, and start getting into the higher TR limits, you won't have that money for long....zombies break easily at high TR's

--j

ImageImage
Skrofler

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2006 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

That team should be trimmed.
Tell me: When was the last time you had less than 2 re-rolls left at half-time?
What are those coaches doing besides boosting your rating? How many games do you even use them once?
Check the normal FF-levels of teams at your TR, then keep as many cheerleaders as needed to bring your FF a few points above that level.

Trust me - you won't be needing any money for a long while, unless you start playing against 250+ bashers.

I keep my zombs lean and healthy.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=216844

Mondays, 20:00-0:00
Tuesdays, 20:00-0:00
Wednesdays, 20:00-0:00
Thursdays, 22:00-0:00
Fridays, preferably not
Weekends, generally daytime 8:00-17:00
HunterX

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2006 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool! I started my own zombie team not long ago. The Urban Dead Walkers would be interested in joining a zed leeg if one were to form up.
Meech

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2006 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Skrofler, you have 2 nigglers, that isn't healthy!

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2006 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool teams... now I really wanna see a zombie-team-only tournament...

As for your question... to celebrate every TD you make, buy one cheerleader... Just symbolic... and perhaps a trainer for every Dead!

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2006 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep the money for the time when LRB5 will be implemented. Then it may be handy for inducements.
edit: Btw, zombies will become more expensive then. That may solve your problem, too

Mnemon

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2006 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Skrofler wrote:
That team should be trimmed.
Tell me: When was the last time you had less than 2 re-rolls left at half-time?

Eh. Not that uncommon actually. But I need a lot of RR's on any of my teams. (See Mezir's signature Smile ).

-Mnemon
Tibet

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2006 - 09:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool an all-zombie team, I would be interested in knowing how you go about winning a game with them, 4 3 2 8 isn't exactly top-notch. Slow cage? Pure luck?
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2006 - 10:34 Reply with quote Back to top

You have basically only one chance per half to score (I managed a three turn score once, though ... but that is impossible usually), and if you lose the ball, against whatever team you are mostly done. So yes cageing is important, but not really reliable, as most teams have more strength and the movement to get assists in ... which you don't.

I guess most play by fouling a lot - I don't, which sort of means I'll have to play with less and less players too. GFI as much as possible (that is as long as you have the RR). Requires a little creative approach to playing too. Chainpushes/moves that surprise the opponent (if you have to run the ball backwards, even with these slow peeps, do it)... and you have to remember counting squares to move forward enough each turn. And yes, luck is important too.

-Mnemon
Curro

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2006 - 10:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Are you allowed by the team policies to freeboot mummies?? That would be a fine way to burn cash.
 Jump to: