51 coaches online • Server time: 14:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mulvax

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2006 - 04:40 Reply with quote Back to top

When cornered I have put a ghoul in the back corner of the endzone with the ball, hoping for a favorable crowd throwback
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2006 - 05:00 Reply with quote Back to top

ok....seriously...you're playing a game that, half the time, puts more emphasis on injuring players than in scoring touchdowns.....

please...show me where "sportsmanship" comes in to play, when you'r eplaying in this sort of event?.....

people die on the pitch...people foul on the pitch.....hell...some players bring *chainsaws* onto the pitch!!

sportsmanship?...*WHERE*??

the only thing that can even be closely considered to being sportsmanlike, is a *coach's* attitude towards another coach....not the tactics a coach uses to win....realizing a game is strictly for fun, and deaths happen, crowdpushes happen, sometimes 3-4 in a turn......(yes...i've done that...repeatedly).....fouls happen, and occasionaly a touchdown happens *gasp*....

people need to look beyond this whole crowdpush/foul(no please dear god don't start another fouling thread...it's not saturday yet) injury thing, and realize....it's pixels....you'll live without your disgustingly obnoxious, useless ma 11/sprint/sure feet/300+ TD scoring one-turner...

--j

ImageImage
KingofFighters

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2006 - 05:47 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 - nice, very nice

oh and its called BLOODBowl for a reason... Dont really know why that was necessary but i dont think its been said in this thread Smile

and um, where is Buur with a "pie comment" - this thread needs pie. the fact that it is pie-less is starting to worry me.
ruoste

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2006 - 06:34 Reply with quote Back to top

ahh, another thread fouled by shadow's rant... Where is the end of this!!
Voorn

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2006 - 08:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
What about intentionally putting a player of yours on the sideline, so he wastes his blitz?

Be sure to do this with a side stepper or stand firm guy. Often it is easy to overlook the abilities and just see a warm (or soon to be cold) body to push and forget to check out the abilities and REALLY waste a blitz. Yes, I am guilty of falling for it. Embarassed

Immitated in chat by another member "S**n"
Laviak

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2006 - 08:52 Reply with quote Back to top

a non-sidestep/SF player on the sidelines is often too tempting a morsel to resist ... even if it's just a lowly lineman. Could certainly be an effective way of tying up one (or even 2) player(s). It could be worthwhile, particularly against slower teams, where it can result in their players being out of position for just enough time to score the TD. I wouldn't want to use it too often though Wink

lord_real

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2006 - 09:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I am one of the coaches that always complains about exsessive fouling. But I dont have a problem with crowdpushing.
If I place players along the sideline, my opponent has every right to push them out.
I once met a coach wich only concern was crowdpuching my players. He was a better coach than me, and managed to severly injure my team with crowdpushes. But I managed to push some back, killing some of his players. I also won the game since he was so occupied with pushing me.
A game I would have surly lost, if my opponent had put as much attention on the ball as he did with making my players crowd-surf. Smile

I usually crowdpush with my elfs if I get a chance. Especially against dwarfs and norse (who easily finds themselfs with their frensyplayers a bit to close to the sidelines). And they tend to forget that elfs can get those extraplayers in for a blitz.
I still remember the sweet day I managed to crowdpush a sidestepping one-turner gutterrunner. To bad it wasnt injured. Sad
But the setup was nice. Very Happy
And the coach was so angry. He tought that you couldnt crowdpush sidesteppers at all. Wink
I am still on his black list I think. Smile
 Jump to: