43 coaches online • Server time: 00:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Doubles Skill for 9257 Catch, Dodge, Dauntless, +AG, Multiple Block, Block
NoS
32%
 32%  [ 12 ]
Guard
21%
 21%  [ 8 ]
Frenzy
13%
 13%  [ 5 ]
Leap (Ignore Doubles)
21%
 21%  [ 8 ]
Something Else (and Why)
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 37

Woodstock

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2006 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Curro wrote:
arf 10 - 2 - 5 - 7 catcher. Grrrrr!!! but you need another double and two skills. Good luck and hope no more niggles for him!
I guess both nigglers are form ageing, aren´t they?

I can live without NOS, so only leap needed Smile. But yes, niggles are from ageing only. If I get enough money, or they die on the pitch... I'll replace them tho.
Optihut

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2006 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

As much as I love frenzy, I'd take Nerves of Steel on this +AG guy.
Idolen

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2006 - 12:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Dauntless and multiblock is a great combo fo welf catchers. One guard and the defense line is breached and the rest of your team can defend the little bugger... Trust me on this one... I've faced one of those monsters.... Good luck with the team =)

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2006 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you know already that you don't need to take a scoring skill (eg NoS, Dump Off) on this guy. Scoring is easy enough for WEs (you certainly seem to be finding that! Smile), it's defending, and the old trick of staying alive that they need help with!

I would simply go for Block. A Catcher who had just rolled up normal skills would by this point have Blodge and Sidestep, making him pretty resilient for an ST 2 AV 7 guy. At the moment this player is just as vulenrable as a Rookie WE Catcher, while being a much bigger target. You may be playing elf-ball, but that should mean that there are also plenty of Tacklers around at your current TS. You also need Block promptly to make best use out of Dauntless.

Finally: that is a nice team that should be playing some <i>real</i> - that is, more varied - opposition! Elf-ball is lame!

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 01:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Have Decided to go with MultiBlock - Take Block next Roll (Even with a Double) - Daunt+MultiBlock+Leap+Block with the guards on the team should be a good cage breaker, which is really what I'm missing on the Team. One of the WarDancers can take Frenzy if these doubles continue. Thx for all the advice and suggestions - I never would have thought of MultiBlock, but it makes sense after thought.

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 09:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Is Multiblock useful to break a cage? Usually the cagers are not in consecutive squares of the field...
KingofFighters

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 09:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Its not good for cagebreaking IMO, would think leap and or leap/guard would have helped better.

Still I am a novice with any finess teams Smile
Brad

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2006 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

New Suggestions Start Here

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2006 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd just forget the doubles and take leap so he can be the cage buster you've built him to be. The next skill roll would be a long time away and who's going to say he survives that long or wouldn't age then? Make use of him now and may he shock your opponents (provided that's not me)!
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2006 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Freny might be of lesser risk now, that you can "disable" it with multiblock.

Mighty Blow would also be a thing to consider - he is hitting lightly armored but very important players (throwers).

JumpUp might give him 3 extra fields of range even if knocked down.
RandomOracle

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2006 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:

Mighty Blow would also be a thing to consider - he is hitting lightly armored but very important players (throwers).

Can't get it -- ST 2 on wood elf catchers.
Patrician

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2006 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

What about Dump Off? If he gets the ball, and someone tries to deck him, at AG5, there's little chance they can get it back.

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2006 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I would say leap, you already have someone with dump off, frenzy too, and dauntless frenzy is a liability. NoS seems a little waste as he has AG5. MB seems a vaild option, but doesn't really add a good skill to this wonderfull player, ok he will hit harder.

Leap would make the multiblock pay off more and since it is a long way untill is next skill, I would choose something wich pays off now.

Seems as a waste of a bouble, but leap will get him in places to do a multiblock, which can break up big holes in lines.

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2006 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

MB seems a vaild option, but doesn't really add a good skill to this wonderfull player, ok he will hit harder.

Quote:

Can't get it -- ST 2 on wood elf catchers.

MB is not a valid option. Smile
I´d choose NoS (even with AG5), ór if you want your team to be a bit different, choose guard. He´ll be an assist anywhere it´s needed.
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2006 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Leap. It's far more useful than most things you can get on a double now - especially since probabilities say that he'll age on his next skill roll anyway. With leap he can finally do what he was meant to do all along as others have said - bust cages.
 Jump to: