28 coaches online • Server time: 04:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Exempt teams
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Doubles Skill for 9257 Catch, Dodge, Dauntless, +AG, Multiple Block, Block
NoS
32%
 32%  [ 12 ]
Guard
21%
 21%  [ 8 ]
Frenzy
13%
 13%  [ 5 ]
Leap (Ignore Doubles)
21%
 21%  [ 8 ]
Something Else (and Why)
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 37

CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2006 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Multiblock does NOT help to bust cages and I hardly see, how it synergizes with leap.

If you forgo the double, take tackle or stripball, because what does this catcher do? Right - he uses his insane Movement to take a hit at the thrower that is hiding deep. Woodelves are the last team that wants to develop a cagebreaker, because that`s what an out-of-the-box-wardancer is.

So JumpUp would be a nice option, because it gives you full range even when down (and range is what this player is about).

Frenzy synergizes with Multiblock as Multiblock turns off frenzy IIRC and it`s nice for crowding players.

Guard finally is always a nice thing to have, but you have him in a risky position.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2006 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

{ edit: Point awarded to CL. Ignore all this blather. I totally forgot that. }

CircularLogic wrote:
Multiblock does NOT help to bust cages and I hardly see, how it synergizes with leap...

Code:
x_x_
_ya_
x_zb
__bb

x: cage corners
y: ballcarrier
z: multiblocked cage corner
a: leap/dauntless/multiblock monstrosity
b: a's teammates, lending a assists

Player a leaps into position, multiblocks y and z with 3 assists to counter 2 guards in there. Basically just useful for allowing you to stack assists on a corner (up to 5, with 2 guards) and have them effect the ballcarrier. Desperate play but really slick.

Quote:
Frenzy synergizes with Multiblock as Multiblock turns off frenzy IIRC and it`s nice for crowding players...

5 yard penalty.
Excessive use of the word "synergize."
Still 3rd down.

Razz (just picking on you)

Seriously, you could look it as working together but I think of the frenzy/multiblock combo as absolutely, positively guaranteeing that you have one wasted skill every single time you block.

Also frenzy + dauntless = frequent frustration.

Personally, I'd still be tempted by tackle for the reasons CL suggested. With strip ball, I'd worry that most opponents will have a safe hands thrower.

Last edited by BadMrMojo on %b %27, %2006 - %20:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
maxlongstreet

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2006 - 01:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll put in a completely contrary opinion and say pass block. Hey, I know you have doubles, but what the heck. Why? AG 5, catch, and the fact that you really only play passing teams. And you don't have a pass blocker yet. Nothing like that 75% Int when safe throw ain't around...
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2006 - 01:55 Reply with quote Back to top

BadMrMojo wrote:
CircularLogic wrote:
Multiblock does NOT help to bust cages and I hardly see, how it synergizes with leap...

Code:
x_x_
_ya_
x_zb
__bb

x: cage corners
y: ballcarrier
z: multiblocked cage corner
a: leap/dauntless/multiblock monstrosity
b: a's teammates, lending a assists

Player a leaps into position, multiblocks y and z with 3 assists to counter 2 guards in there. Basically just useful for allowing you to stack assists on a corner (up to 5, with 2 guards) and have them effect the ballcarrier. Desperate play but really slick.

Now I have to throw the flag on you with automatic first down for me - you can only use multiblock against 2 adjacent players - diagonal does not work (at least in the client).
Mithrilpoint

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2006 - 04:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Hm? In europe we don´t throw flags if there is a foul on the play..we just expel the player...so..out you go Circ. Wink

Multiblock works just fine with diagonals in the client.

I think you should be safe and pick block, especially with that combo dless/multiblock. You really do not want to go down on anything but doubleskulls, and they will happen often enough along with failed dless rolls etc. But he will be a fun player that massively opens the WE´s tactical defense capabillities.

Good luck with your player!

M

-edit : Well...after seeing that he, in fact, allready has block i would pick leap....uhm...because...leap is cool...yeah...