57 coaches online • Server time: 22:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2006 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

This is the season that had the great scoring system I referred to;

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=3520

You could perhaps expand it for the Stars / Legends scoring, but please make the scoring both ways, even if the elves score lower for killing EMU stars
Maximilian

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Pikkolini Revenge TDs 2 cas 5/0/0 vs Alarielle's Sprites TDs 1 cas 0/0/0
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1129548
GAME: WIN (15)
BH: 5 (10)
TOTAL: 15 + 10 = 25
Maximilian

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Pikkolini Revenge TDs 1 cas 3/1/0 vs Starfall TDs 0 cas 0/0/0
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1135517
BH: 3 (6)
SI: 1 (1 mng = 3)
TOTAL: 15 + 6 + 3 = 24
Skulll

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2006 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Gruntz O' Da Goombaz 2 (0/2/1) vs Higher Species 0 (0/1/0)

WIN = 15
SI x 2 = 6
UNAPOTHED KILL = 25, Zurinan

15 + 6 + 25 = 46 pts

First elf skull for me this season, great.
Maximilian

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2006 - 01:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Pikkolini Revenge TDs 2 cas 2/2/0 vs Rustling Leaves TDs 1 cas 0/0/1
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1146599
BH: 2 (4)
SI: 2 (2 mng = 6)
TOTAL: 15 + 4 + 6 = 25
steinerp

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2006 - 08:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Aren't you guys supposed to try and kill elves? If you think you have what it takes, bring it to the MSU Spartans or Spartan Sabres.
Warmduscher

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2006 - 03:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sorry that I was AWOL until now, but some personal problems kept me occupied.
Then I come back and have to see that this season is a complete disgrace. Really guys, only seven kills until now? The season was supposed to end at 31st march and one can't exactly say that we did strike terror in the hearts of elves as it should be our purpose. E.L.F. coaches complain that there aren't any chances left to earn their EMU bonus points and this thread almost fell from the front page.
So to cheat a bit and to prevent that we have to admit a complete failure, I declare that this season goes on until exactly 50 Elves met their demise. This way we can at least pretend that we killed 50 elves in a single season. Also to add some random fun to the system, I introduce some new point boni:

Hallmark kills:
25th kill: 100 points
50th kill: 200 points
(to keep the kill count fair, report your kills directly after the game they happened)

Most prestigous kill (who killed the player with the most spp): 100 points
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2006 - 06:20 Reply with quote Back to top

While not normally an EMU regular, since this thing is still going I reckon I'll thrown in my two skulls worth...going all the way back to March 1st, when this shindig started...

Darkies...D, 0/2/1 = 12 pts
Darkies...L, 2/0/0 = -8 pts (total 4)
Darkies...L, 0/1/0 (out-cas'd 3-1) = -25 pts (total -21)
Pro...L, 1/1/0 (out-cas'd 3-2) = -25 pts (total -46)
Darkies...W, 1/0/1 (perm RIP, out-cas'd 5-2) = 0 pts (total -46)
High...D, 0/1/0 (perm nig, out-cas'd 4-1) = -15 pts (total -61)
Woodies...L, 1/1/0 (out-cas'd 4-2) = -25 pts (total -86)
Pro...L, 2/2/1 = 6 pts (total -80)
High...L, 1/0/0 (out-cas'd 3-1) = -25 pts (total -105)
Darkies...L, 2/1/1 (perm RIP) = 22 pts (total -83)
Pro...D, 1/4/1 (perm -Str, RIP) = 46 pts (total -37)
Darkies...L, 0/1/0 = -7 pts (total -44)
Woodies...L, 2/0/1 = 0 pts (total -44)
Darkies...W, 3/1/0 = 34 pts (total -10)
Darkies...L, 1/0/0 (out-cas'd 5-1) = -25 pts (total -35)
Darkies...W, 1/1/0 (out-cas'd 4-2) = 0 pts (total -35)
High...L, 1/1/2 (perm RIP) = 26 pts (total -9)
Darkies...W, 3/0/1 (perm RIP) = 46 pts (total 35)
Woodies...W, 3/1/0 = 24 pts (total 59)
Woodies...W, 1/2/2 (perm nig, RIP, RIP) = 80 pts (total 139)
Darkies...W, 1/0/0 (out-cas'd 3-1) = 0 pts (total 139)
High...L, 1/0/0 (out-cas'd 3-1) = -25 pts (total 114)

End March Games

Darkies...W, 2/1/2 (perm RIP) = 53 pts (total 167)
Darkies...L, 1/0/1 (out-cas'd 6-2) = -25 pts (total 142)
Woodies...D, 1/1/1 (perm nig, but out-cas'd 4-3) = 0 pts (total 142)
Woodies...W, 1/1/0 = 20 pts (total 162)
High...D, 6/3/0 (slamdunk) = 46 pts (total 208)
Pro...W, 1/3/0 (perm nig) = 33 pts (total 241)
High...W, 3/1/2 (perm nig, RIP) = 72 pts (total 313)

Total elves hurt: 90
Total nig/-stat: 6
Total RIP: 9 (Most Prestigious RIP)
Total EMU Pts: 313

Not the most stellar point total, but that's just b/c of paper-thin av7 suffering a ton of cas. I think the totals of hurt elves I've posted speaks for itself...

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2006 - 07:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Nah Warmduscher, you can't change EMU's end now... i have moved my team into unranked... close this season before pls.
Untill 31 of march i was there, but if you decide arbitrary to continue i think it's not correct for our (and for me too).
Close it first, then start another as you wish.
Warmduscher

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2006 - 04:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Come on Maximilian, you really can't call this a proper season. Only 4 coaches reported any games at all. If you want, I hereby grant you the honorary title of:

"The guy who would have won the second season by a huge amount if Warmduscher could be bothered of ending this and doing a new season after that few coaches were interested in taking part."

Besides, you can still go on and kill Elves in unranked. Even after AFK_Eagle's nice contribution we stil only have 16 kills. Much time to win this after the modified duration.
Maximilian

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2006 - 07:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't understand you Warmduscher... if it works so i prefer ending my EMU here... now.
Have fun all, bye.

Maximilian
Warmduscher

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2006 - 08:53 Reply with quote Back to top

After a long discussion with Maximilian I realized that just letting the season go on indefinately is not the awnser for the problems right now and also not fair for the coaches who tried their best to win this season during the set limit. I'm very sorry AFK_Eagle that your effort in writing out all the games was in vain and I hope that you'll keep on the good work of elf-killing in future seasons. So:

Disregard the last change, the second season ended at 31st March.

The official winner of EMU Reloaded Second Season is: Maximilian with his "Pikkolini Revenge"

About the next season there are first some proposed changes for a new and improved point formula that need to be worked out. But the third season will begin for sure, have no doubts.
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2006 - 04:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Since most of my games occured before the Mar 31 cutoff, I recalculated my score, just to see where I'd stack against Maximilian. I'd lose a ton of game points, but I'd still get the bonus points for most kills and most prestigious kill. However, 200 bonus points would not have been enough to overcome the loss of 214 game points in April, and Maximilian was still the legit winner. Congrats.

You want a new, improved point formula? How about something along the lines of giving extra credit to av7 (or less) teams in their cas suffered. It's a fact that skaven/gobbos are going to suffer more cas than dwarves/orcs, and with the current loss of huge points when the elves out-cas ya, it's unfair to the lighter armor teams. (I'll conveniently ignore the fact we're likely to get more games vs elves in the first place...) Maybe for every pt of av under 9, a team gets to ignore one cas made by the elves. For instance, orcs/dwarves (predominantly av9 all around) face the music of any elven cas suffered. Humans (mostly av8) get to ignore one elven cas for purposes of if the elves out-cas'd them or not...say the elves got in 3 cas to the humans' 2, normally that would mean -15 pts; but if you give them -1 cas for their lower av, then it's effectively 2 cas to 2 cas, and the humans keep their pts. Skaven (mostly av7) would ignore two elven cas...goblins (av6) would ignore 3...halflings (av5) would ignore 4...

Just a thought...I know orc coaches are going to scream foul about this, but let's face it...just from my own games reported above, the elves out-cas'd me 12 of 29 games...that's a lot of points lost merely b/c I have low av that can't stand up as well as orc armor. But give me two ignore cas for having av7, and suddenly I'm out-cas'd only 2 or 3 times...that's a HUGE swing in pts!

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2006 - 04:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Another option...to follow on my suggestion above, as I know orcs are going to still complain that skaven/goblins get more elf games than orcs/dwarves, how about follow the E.L.F. formula, where only a limited # of games count for each team. Say, your top 5 scoring games vs elves. You as coach can play as often as you want, but only count the totals of your top 5 scoring games. So if you play only 5 games vs elves (dwarves, for example) then you count all 5; if you play 25 (skaven), you pick the top 5 games, and those are the ones your score is based upon. That way, orcs/dwarves/chaos, even though getting fewer games, are likely to score more per game anyway, and with even numbers of games counted, each game becomes that much more important. Conversely, low av teams, by playing a lot, can conveniently ignore the bad games and only count the good ones for credit. Everybody has a shot.

Records can be kept on the side on how many niggles/RIP are caused, with bonus points awarded end of season for the most of any type of injury, the highest spp player RIP, etc...

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2006 - 04:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for the suggestions AFK_Eagle, these sure are worth thinking about. Maximilan got an interesting suggestion that the points you get for hurting an elf are based on the value of the player; he is going to send me the specifics soon. I'll then do a new thread for the discussion of several improvements.
 Jump to: