35 coaches online • Server time: 02:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sehou

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Leave him on the sidelines and let the crowd decide of his faith.
Pirrekurr

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Smess wrote:
I predict that if you keep him, you're gonna regret it within the next 5 games.

I think a lot of people underestimate how increadibly bad it is to have just move 5 on a guy that is your main blitzer, it just isn't enough. You'll have to go for it all the time with him, and a lot of times he won't even get where he is supposed to go. It'll make it much easier for the opposition to score I can tell ya.
Though heavily skilled, he won't be able to make good use of them skills because of his low movement.
Orx are slow enough already, I'd replace both of the -MA blitzers ASAP, they will hamper both your defence and your offence severely.
Dropping him also means a big decrease in TR/SR, which is a good thing. And it also will make your team more balanced again (not to much spp on just one guy), which is also a good thing.

Replace him now.
Powergamer style!

I predict that if you don't keep him, you're gonna regret it within the next 5 games.

I once was in the same dilemma but with this player.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&op=view&player_id=2330091

I chose to keep her, and she did her job exceptionally well, until she met the end that inevitable awaits all amazons standing on the line of scrimmage. He is, like my player was, now an offering upon the altar of Nuffle...
Smess

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Pirrekurr wrote:
Smess wrote:
I predict that if you keep him, you're gonna regret it within the next 5 games.

I think a lot of people underestimate how increadibly bad it is to have just move 5 on a guy that is your main blitzer, it just isn't enough. You'll have to go for it all the time with him, and a lot of times he won't even get where he is supposed to go. It'll make it much easier for the opposition to score I can tell ya.
Though heavily skilled, he won't be able to make good use of them skills because of his low movement.
Orx are slow enough already, I'd replace both of the -MA blitzers ASAP, they will hamper both your defence and your offence severely.
Dropping him also means a big decrease in TR/SR, which is a good thing. And it also will make your team more balanced again (not to much spp on just one guy), which is also a good thing.

Replace him now.
Powergamer style!

I predict that if you don't keep him, you're gonna regret it within the next 5 games.

I once was in the same dilemma but with this player.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&op=view&player_id=2330091

I chose to keep her, and she did her job exceptionally well, until she met the end that inevitable awaits all amazons standing on the line of scrimmage. He is, like my player was, now an offering upon the altar of Nuffle...

Oh yes, you could keep him to use as lineflodder, but the problem is that he is the main blitzer (only guy with tackle or strip ball), so cannot be used as lineflodder (other MA5 guy can be used for that, hence less urgent to replace).
Move 5 on main blitzer is just wrong, he won't be doing a good job. I know a liability for a team when I see one.
Furthermore, the team doens't realy need him. Get tackle for next skills on the two healty blitzers you have now, and guard as first skill on the new ones. Some more guard on the BO's and you'll have a perfect team ready for any kind of opposition (and one where the TR isn't way higher then the TS).
Optihut

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Smess wrote:
Oh yes, you could keep him to use as lineflodder, but the problem is that he is the main blitzer (only guy with tackle or strip ball), so cannot be used as lineflodder (other MA5 guy can be used for that, hence less urgent to replace).

Hmmm, but retiring the main blitzer will leave you with... no main blitzer with tackle. If retirement were an option, I'd at least wait till I have other tacklers.
KhorneliusPraxx

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

maxlongstreet wrote:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=2701144

Should I bail on this spp heavy fellow and buy a new blitzer? Ordinarily I wouldn't do it, with no niggles, but the ma decrease really limits this safety/ballhandler.

Are you on drugs!
maxlongstreet

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

My current plan is to retire the Blitzer and buy a new blitzer and a goblin to give me 12 players. I'd like to buy a lino instead of a goblin, but I'm 10k short, and I hate playing bashy teams with only 11. I'll then buy a lineman, and eventually replace the other MA 5 blitzer, though there is no rush, because as has been observed, it's not bad having one blitzer with guard and mighty blow who gets tossed into the scrum where his low move isn't that important.

I will eventually get tackle on the MA 7 blitzer, but I don't think it's as important as some people think, since this team gets challenged by dodgy teams about once a millenium.
maxlongstreet

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

oops d Surprised ble post

Last edited by maxlongstreet on %b %03, %2006 - %18:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
M'Kari

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Gotta agree with Smess. Half his skills require reasonable speed to be effective - tackle, strip ball followed by sure hands for the ensuing pickup. If you keep him you will struggle to make him effective. As for the point of keeping him until you get another tackler, again he won't be effective in that capacity any more, to cover until you do get another tackler.

From a gamey point of view, I'd bin him, drop your tr and bite the bullet if you challenged by any blodger.

Personally I'd keep him for the fluff. An un-niggled superstar on your team is always cool. See how far he'll go then give him a 10 gun salute when he does finally end up as dog-food Wink
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

maxlongstreet wrote:
My current plan is to retire the Blitzer and buy a new blitzer and a goblin to give me 12 players. I'd like to buy a lino instead of a goblin, but I'm 10k short, and I hate playing bashy teams with only 11.

I don't think that one goblin will work wonders against a bashy team. I think it would be a better idea to freeboot another orc lino or something instead, if you cannot bear to play with just 11.
nexusvalhees

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2006 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

What are linemen?

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=210193
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2006 - 00:40 Reply with quote Back to top

since your thrower is relatively inexperianced, keep him since he's ag4 w/ surehands and make him a sort of thrower/ball fetcher on kick offs until you can get some skills for the thrower

Don't drop the soap.
 Jump to: