19 coaches online • Server time: 04:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
maxlongstreet

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Conventional wisdom says to always put kick on your linemen, for obvious reasons. But with orcs and their 9 worthwhile position players (4 blitzers, 4 BOBs, troll), I think it's a mistake. I think kick belongs on a blitzer.

First the obvious negative: Putting kick on a blitzer delays getting an important and effective skill like guard, mighty blow or tackle.

On the other hand, taking kick on a lino means putting him off the lino, and either sitting one of the above 9 (obviously unacceptable) or putting something like a BOB on the line of scrimmage. I hate to do this, both because I want to reduce their injury chances and I want to have complete control over where my high strength players end up in the fray.

[Less importantly, if I'm putting the trouble in to skill up someone who's not a natural scorer, it's going to be a BOB, not a lino.]

What do others think?
Synn

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Best lino possbile for an orc....

Kick, Tackle, DT

Best possible KICKER for an orc team.....

A thrower.

__Synn
**Fisher Price baby
eyeslikethunder

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

i say put it on thrower as they are normally at the back on the defnesive and they easily skill up

There was this disturbance in the water, then suddenly this giant testicle came out and grabbed me
hauge

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd have to agree with Synn - the best orc kicker is a thrower with sure hands, pass, kick, block (he'll be your running guy). The other thrower can have accurate and the likes, but kick on a thrower is good for the teams, that don't rely that much on passing to score (ie. dwarves, orcs etc.)

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Kick, Block, and Tackle are great skills for a defensive Orc Thrower.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:

Best possible KICKER for an orc team.....

A thrower.

well thrower can take much more skills then lineman.... but are similiar to them at all... i can't see any reason why them should be a good option for kick...

...and i disagree kick on a positional is just a good idea on an orcteam:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&op=view&player_id=1375321
thesquig

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I put kick on a wight, since general skills are generally cack and I need symetry in my setup... I dont want elves favouring one side because my tacklers are further away. As for on an Orc Blitzer, I dont know, there are better options.

Macavity

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Definitely put Kick on a thrower. That applies to pretty much any team. Who wants a lino who you don't want on the line?

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

A thrower is possible--However, you still face the same problem of having to put a BOB on the line. (I only play my thrower when receiving a kick). For that reason, I still say Blitzer. And if I did put it on a thrower, I'd take block first, so that the thrower wouldn't be useless on defense.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I love putting BOBs on the line. LOVE it. especially with SF on a few. Then the opponent's offence goes precisely nowhere! I often put all 4 BOBs on the LOS. How many Linos are you fielding regularily on an orc team, anyhow? 4 blitzers, 4 BOBs, troll.... That leaves two spots.... So troll and two linos on the line? Why not totally solidify it, and let the blitzers (especially the AG 5 ones) run around to mess up the ball carrier?

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Mac--It really depends on the team you're playing. Against elves or something, BOBs on the LOS is great, and messes the other team up. However, I really don't play against finesse teams much. I play against chaos/orc/chaos dwarf type teams that have the power to blow through anything you put on the LOS, with mighty blow or claw on top of it. Therefore, in practical terms, I almost s never put BOBs on the LOS.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, see, I always try and invade the opponents backfield, so the more guys they need to use to take out my L.O.S. the better (generally speaking).

I think I may need to play you, my over-achieving young friend! Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 19:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Play me but beware--All my luck is concentrated in those orcs--the gods favor them. Except for stat increases--They could use a little help from you, with your 5 doubles and 4 stat increases on your orcies...
Optihut

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 19:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Usually the kicking side consists of 4 bobs, 4 blitzers, 1 troll, 2 linemen. Therefore the idea to put kick on one of the blitzers does make sense. I'd still prefer putting it on a lineman and setting up 2 Bobs + troll on the line.

Putting kick on a thrower is a waste of a valuable passing skill and even more so a waste as the thrower isn't even on the pitch given the typical kick configuration.
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Starting my orc rosters with 7 lineorcs and 4 BOBs that's hardly an issue for me. Very Happy
 Jump to: