41 coaches online • Server time: 14:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who is your favorite BG Character?
Starbuck
28%
 28%  [ 11 ]
Apollo
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Admiral Adama
28%
 28%  [ 11 ]
Baltar
18%
 18%  [ 7 ]
President Roslin
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Chief Tyrol
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Col. Tighe
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Caprica 6
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 38

fishgeekted

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2006 - 05:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Just watched part 1 of the season 2 finale and all I can say is frack...
What a good episode that one was. I am really impressed with the level of quality they are pouring into this series. The writing, effects, acting, etc. Great Sci Fi!
Pirrekurr

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2006 - 09:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry. I can't vote since my favourite character without a doubt is Lt. Sharon "Boomer" Valeri. And with that I mean both of them. She/They are really saying tha most interesting question in the show. What is a human?

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2006 - 09:49 Reply with quote Back to top

It's good but the Dr / Cylon thing is getting tiresome... but that blonde is very very fit! Smile
Meetgrinder

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2006 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed about Baltar/Blonde former lingerie model chick - my brain turns off when he's on screen, flickers to life when she's not wearing much, and turns off again when he starts mumbling to himself.

In the UK we're still only half a dozen episodes into series 2, so no spoilers please!

I'm also impressed by the quality of this series - excellent cast and production values from what I've seen.

Last 'mainstream' sci fi I can remember watching was 'Enterprise', and that was toss, no wonder they cancelled it.

Star Trek should take a different direction if it's to get the viewing figures again I think - stories from the point of view of the Romulans, Klingons and various other races, lots more space battles etc.

Galactica looks to be in good hands though Smile
tmacdevitt

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2006 - 10:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Pirrekurr wrote:
Sorry. I can't vote since my favourite character without a doubt is Lt. Sharon "Boomer" Valeri. And with that I mean both of them. She/They are really saying tha most interesting question in the show. What is a human?

I agree! Its all about boomer.
Optihut

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2006 - 11:02 Reply with quote Back to top

EDIT: Since I always click on the links when they are in the "last three topics", the "modern" part of the subjectline was cropped. If it has to be modern - *blech* - then I'd vote for Boomer, too. Otherwise my initial post still stands:

Dirk Benedict as Starbuck.
fishgeekted

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2006 - 14:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Can't believe I left boomer off the list. Agreed, she is a BIG part. HUGE in fact. I initially left her off, because of all her copies portrayed with varying persona's, it was almost too complex to just vote for ONE boomer. I was confused with her and thus left her off. I dont know why.

Her story and character is a complex one and quite possibly the main story and now I see the error of my ways as she would probably be leading the polls! Even I don't want to deal with the boomer issue.

Go figure.

She gets no justice even in my poll. Poor poor boomer. Sad
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2006 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Optihut wrote:

Dirk Benedict as Starbuck.

My Starbuck vote goes to Dirk too Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2006 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Wasn't Boomer a black male in the original series? ... i am confused
Mr_Launcher

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2006 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Gitzbang wrote:
Wasn't Boomer a black male in the original series? ... i am confused

Why would that make you confused? The old and the new BSG are different series, so there's nothing strange about characters being different in the two series.
ObiWorm

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2006 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Gaius!! A very weird guy Very Happy
Gitzbang

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2006 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Launcher wrote:

Why would that make you confused? The old and the new BSG are different series, so there's nothing strange about characters being different in the two series.
Yes it is ... i turned the new one off permanently the moment i saw what they made of Starbug ... it's just silly Sad
IRSWalker

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2006 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Where's Muffitt II ?
Axon

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2006 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

This whole remake thing sucks. Give me Lauren Greene and Dirk Benedict and the cheesy synthesized cylon voice any day. What crap this is...
Hogglas

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2006 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Gaius rocks, a true survivor always getting out of every situation. But then its all goods will Razz
 Jump to: