24 coaches online • Server time: 03:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2006 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

hey folks, im a bit of a php newbie, i know a bit to get me by, but im looking to start a news page on my Brass Band website, where last 20 records are shown, with comments, images, and you can search the archivce for old stories, something a bit like FUMBBL's homepage, only with pictures! I see plenty of blog scripts on the net, but seem hard to modify without messing everything up, meaning there are side menus when Id prefer to use some of the code in my editable egions of my site templates! I have a MySQL database with phpmyadmin on the server

anyone who can point me in the right direction will be a hero in my books!

Rob
hunter

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2006 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I have used "PHP/MySQL for Dummies" with some success, but I'm still a newbie too and haven't looked at the stuff for a couple months now. Good luck!

Regards,
~hunter

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2006 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm. I'm good at messing around with IF's modified IPB codes, but I've never done much with PHP. I think they're somewhat similar though. What exactly are you trying to do?
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2006 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

imaging Fumbbl's main page, fumbbl.com, well my site is built on templates, i was hoping to have PHP in the editable region of the template that would show news articles for my band, namely concerts with pictures, and like FUMBBL, you can comment on news stories, also it would show, say the latest 10 stories and a search function

its not "wee buns" Wink
Menikmati

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2006 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

PHP?
Pie! Help! Pie! ?

nah, seriously. some time ago i was a short step away from getting into it too and found a site that might help you.

http://www.w3schools.com/php/default.asp

dunno if it is good or helps you but still, it looks promising

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2006 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

right, o found a tutorial that helped me add news to a text file, and then show it to the screen, and thats cool! The next step is to edit existing items, or delete them, I can write out the code like the following tutorial, but the links do nothing...

The Tutorial

My Half working news page, i can only add, not delete...

A copy of the final tutorail code with my own file to test with...

Man its driving me crazy........
 Jump to: