9 coaches online • Server time: 05:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Skrofler

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2006 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

DrDiscoStu wrote:
Yes, like like I said, it is usually fairly obvious when a pass is coming off, at least of planned plays, good coaches should get players into a position. Yes, sometimes you get safe throws off and accurate aids you when Safe Throw wouldn't, but I stand by the fact that having a ball in an empty square is SO much better than in an opponents hands safe throw is still better.

Accurate is better because having the ball in the hands of your catcher is better than missing the target altogether. 0.17 doesn't sound like much but you should also consider that an increase from 1/6 to 2/6 is an accuracy increase of 50%. That's a lot.

Yes, minotaurs suck if you don't know how to handle them. What else is new?

Quote:
I'm assuming that you want to keep to 12 or 13 players, but if you are going all out 16 don't care about TR then you should go for a Kroxy.

Have you ever played with stunty players on the pitch? Do you know what happens if they're forced to multiple injury rolls per turn? Who should score when the skinks are dead - kroxigor or sauri?
I'll leave you with these rethorical questions to ponder.
If you ask me, too many coaches are too concerned about keeping their TR low and not enough focused on winning. TR trimming is only a problem if you keep having players in the reserves box at the end of the game.

Mondays, 20:00-0:00
Tuesdays, 20:00-0:00
Wednesdays, 20:00-0:00
Thursdays, 22:00-0:00
Fridays, preferably not
Weekends, generally daytime 8:00-17:00
pac

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2006 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

DrDiscoStu wrote:
So in actual fact I HAVE done what you said and followed your advice and I've been finding I need more skinks on my team and less tough guys.

It's not 'my' advice: just the same points that come up time and again whenever Lizards are discussed.

It's not that you need more Skinks. If you have more Skinks, then you end up facing tougher opponents, without having the firepower you actually need to match them (a skilled Skink (with normal skills, at least) is not much better than a rookie one).

What you need is tougher tough guys. That requires keeping the TR down, not skilling the Skinks too fast (and sacking ones that get too good without rolling doubles or stat ups), keeping the number of Skinks <i>down</i> (so that MVPs are more likely to hit the players who actually get <i>much</i> better from skilling up a bit), and scoring with Saurus whenever possible - even doing so exclusively in the manner of Wh'ine.

More than most teams, Lizards require a lot of what amounts to meta-gaming to get them to develop well. And none of this is my own wisdom - I ran my last Lizard team in much the same way as you have (till I saw the error of my ways Wink) - just the collated opinion picked up from many, many forum discussions on Lizardmen.

But, as you say, bad luck with Saurus deaths and injuries will scupper the best-laid plans ...

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2006 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

imo, as far as safethrow/accurate debates go...safe throw starts to come into play at the 150+TR game, where teams start to develop +AG, or pass blockers....at lower TR, there's other priorities to take care of (block), than worrying about defending against the pass...on a passing based team, you can skill up a thrower to 6spps or 16spps in a handful of games...so the first 5 games or so, pass heavy, get some skills on your thrower, accurate first to help build the SPPs, then get safe throw as a second skill....then again i never buy sure hands on my throwers....probably why i suck so much Wink

as far as building a rookie thrower in the 150-200+ TR game, depending on the the team, chances are you have someone else that can double as a passer, so start using using the thrower as an actual player or lino, and get some tds, casualties on him, and get him skilled up fast....and when you use him as a thrower, don't throw over the middle, or over defenders, and you don't have to worry bout safe throw :-p

--j

ImageImage
 Jump to: