60 coaches online • Server time: 22:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Petter

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2006 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Yay I made it past the first round!

I think Fischerking is the favourite to take it all, by far. Even if the dwarves smash him up some, he has an almost free win and recovery in the next round against Cloggy's shattered team.
DanTheMan

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2006 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

My favourite is by no doubt Glitz Gitz...though only cause I've known the coach for years.
Otherwise I'll put my money on Black Axe.
Snappy_Dresser

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2006 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Grouchy wrote:
Thats a total disgrace, Knocked out because my opponent didnt make himself avaible for games...... this is unfair and totaly unsportsmanlike.

I should go through I played the harder games and have been avaible all week....

I would like you to reconsisder this serious, clear error.

Pfft.

Dude, you already won one coin toss on what was IMO a disgracefull oversight on the part of the organizers. Stop whinging, and be glad you got as deep as you did.
Petter

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2006 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it would be very impressive if Glitz Gitz took the cup, they're one of the weaker teams left... in my opinion! But with heart on the pitch, glory can come to anybody!
pac

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2006 - 23:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Tricktickler wrote:
And even more depressing... vault rules has failed to fix it.

On the contrary: Vault's Spiralling Expenses mean that it would be very difficult to develop a team to the TR (TV) level of <i>any</i> of those in this competition (imo). Exactly what level SE would be set at in [R] - if/when the Vault rules get here - is one of those treacherous questions for the future ...

Edit: Incidentally, great work on the analysis, Dominik. I hope to be around to spec a few of the big games. Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2006 - 09:30 Reply with quote Back to top

one big BOOOO!!! to Marcos for concession Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
I didnt see that match yet, but I dont think it is worthy for a team that was able to get to the final tourney to concede no matter what happens during the match.
Brad

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2006 - 09:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice Evaluations and ideas - My Money's on Fisherking.
(Great to see there is a 217% chance of someone winning though Smile )

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2006 - 10:01 Reply with quote Back to top

My vote goes to CsontiĀ“s Undeads to win.
Csonti

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2006 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Curro wrote:
My vote goes to CsontiĀ“s Undeads to win.

Thx for the support, but I fear the evaluation is right. Undeads are not suitable for tournaments (no wizard capability, high risk to lose important players etc.), and especially not vs insanely developed orcs to start with. Smile Anyway I'll do my best and with decent handis I could even have a slight chance to march on. Wink
Hallucinogenic

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2006 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Yea Csonti has got rather 2 easy games coming up.
MadTias

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2006 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

My plan is to have you all underestimate Da Glitz Gitz and then cruise through for the win... Oh, wait, now I've spoiled it! Drat.
Petter

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2006 - 00:14 Reply with quote Back to top

But it was a very sneaky plan, MadTias! Maybe you can do something double-sneaky (like a skaven gutter runner!) now, after you have lulled us into a false sensation of security. Smile
FischerKing

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 02:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Good analysis Dominik Smile

Thanks for the confidense booster all you nice people Smile I definately thought I was being raped in the dwarf game, but my last turn changed all and my team now looks stronger than ever. Next game scares me to death !! There is no glory in winning but utter disgrace in defeat, and weaker elf teams have been my bane in the past. The Junkies unnaturally high TR should definately be counted as a weakness: they will give away handicaps eaven against that mean rating 311 orc team, and with av 7, woodies are no super turney team. Still, that rating counts for something ^^

If I stop talking about myself for a moment (very hard for some Razz) and look at the other teams, I have to say that any of the remaining teams got a fair chance of winning. I dont believe in the darkelves (bench is too slim when bashers are roaming) and after their horrible first game I dont believe in the other woodies either, but anything can happen in bb. If I should point out some strong opponents, Csontis undeads have my vote, toghether with 2 of those orc teams (I get dizzy when looking at all these orcs, can never remember who is coaching what) and the remaining chaos dwarves. I dont believe in chaos teams for turneys unless they are developed to an insane degree, so though one of them has a scary coach I think they will have a hard time vs all them strong orcs and chaos dwarves. And futhermore, chaos is the basher team least suited to play vs the woodelves who will be waiting in the semi.

The chaos dwarves is a strong outsider. They are well suited to tear apart any elf team that face them (knowing that one of 2 woodelf teams will be waiting in the semis) They got strong bulls, a high bashing capability and with a low TR, handicaps can be a gamewinner.

Csontis Undeads is a favorite of mine mainly because it is Csontis Undeads. I never played him, and thus he has that inhuman supercoach thing around him in my mind; anyone who stayed in the top 5 for that long should know what hes doing. Apart from that: dirty player might be the single most op skill in the game, and he has 3 for a reason. He has a nice ballcarrier and hes got some money for the old count.
phulepen

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 04:47 Reply with quote Back to top

With all that bash, I'd like to see an elf team pull out a win.
Csonti

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 08:55 Reply with quote Back to top

And my vote goes to Fischerking, especially now that the dwarves are done without a scratch and a "recovery" game is in sight. A full developed elven team (most probably with wizard for the semis and the final) almost couldn't be stoped by any team, no matter how bashy they are. The word "almost" is for THOSE GAMES in mind, after all it's BB where the most important factor in winning is that bastard six-sided thing. Wink
 Jump to: