53 coaches online • Server time: 18:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dominik

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Now the Deepwood Junkies have survived the Dwarves without any serious injury, they have a chance of 1/1,5 to win the tourney.
FischerKing

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 12:40 Reply with quote Back to top

lol, its easy to be optimistick on someone elses behalf Razz
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
Here is Dominik's analysis for the Warpstone Open.

Let's start with a short interpretation of the shape and the strengths and weaknesses of every team:
[...]
If I have to name a winner, I'd say: Orkische DIsziplin.

If one adds all the probabilities of that post one gets a probability of 2.165 overall. That's more than 2 fumbbl cup winners in just one tournament. Very Happy
Splatter

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

hmm, that must give my team less then 1/200 of winning, thx for that pep talk Farinroderel! Wink
FischerKing

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the odds are abstract I guess, but if you calculate it really, do you think 2 winnners is enough (when you take my new odds into consideration) ?
Dominik

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2006 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Scharfe Biester - Glitz Gitz: 1-2

What a crappy game for me. I failed the first five attempts to pick up the ball on normal weather while he got the ball twice in one tackle zone.
Multiple Blitzes on the ball carrier to get the ball back brought me only pushes or skulls.
I could exploit tactical mistakes of the Orcs in the second half to even out in turn 5. But 9 Chaos cannot stop 11 Orcs in 3 rounds, when neither the pick up of them, nor the pass or the catch fail.

Unfortunately, coach MadTias won't reach the 3rd round: Mighty Blow Stand Firm Black Orc Blocker killed, star Blitzer MNG!

Last edited by Dominik on %b %19, %2006 - %17:%Mar; edited 2 times in total
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2006 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:

But 9 Chaos cannot stop 11 Orcs in 3 orcs

Nice Imagination Cool
FischerKing

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2006 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Eaven if you had 16 chaos they would have problems putting 11 orcs into 3 orcs imo Razz
gandresch

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2006 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Good luck to MadTias in the following rounds. He has shown, that even the best coaches on fumbbl can't do anything against luck or stop a 11+3 orc offense with 9 chaos guys.
I hope for some interesting games in the next round and i am so sorry, that the chaos team is out. At least MadTias can claim to be in round 2 Smile

Greets,

gan
Csonti

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2006 - 10:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry to inform you, but the match between grep-v's orcs and my undead couldn't be sheduled. Grep-v was avalaible a few nights last week but I couldn't be online in those hours, on the other hand I could play the game during almost any day at the daylight hours but at that time my opponent was at work (me too, but I could handle it Smile). So we crossed the deadline and got some extra days from Flix to handle the problem. Unfortunately grep-v will work for 3 days in a row and even Thursday is a questionmark for him, altough it doesn't matter, since my Thursday is already booked. So we asked Flix to make a coin toss. Not fair, not good but the 1 week shedule can bring up that kind of problems.
Petter

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2006 - 10:58 Reply with quote Back to top

And it seems the game between KCH and Snorri suffers from the same problem - having only 1 week to play is perhaps too little time?

I would rather see an extension of 1 week than the tournament decided by the flipping of a coin.
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2006 - 11:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Petter wrote:
And it seems the game between KCH and Snorri suffers from the same problem - having only 1 week to play is perhaps too little time?

I would rather see an extension of 1 week than the tournament decided by the flipping of a coin.

Me too... And if both coaches show they are willing to play and communicate with each other and the cup founder why not give ´em a few more days?
Dominik

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2006 - 11:21 Reply with quote Back to top

No, don't make a coin toss at the final round!
It must be quick enough if you play on the next weekend. The opponent in the second round will be ready promptly and so it'll be no final delay.
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2006 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say extend the deadline. Not only to make sure that coaches can schedule their matches for a time that suits them, so they have more fun, but also because a team that wins by coin toss without playing may gain n advantage from not playing, in the sense that they do not lose any players.

These major ranked tournaments need to have all games played to deserve their status.

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2006 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Extended deadlines would really help to get that deserved status Wink
 Jump to: