25 coaches online • Server time: 08:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What Skill should i give this Wardancer
+MA
72%
 72%  [ 51 ]
Strip ball
14%
 14%  [ 10 ]
Side Step
10%
 10%  [ 7 ]
Catch
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other please state
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Shadowing
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 70

eyeslikethunder

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2006 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

the problem with the +MA is there only so many bonuses he get before he niggles due to age
and i need a player to sack ball carriers and disrupt play and the repeated death of his fellow WD and always rolling special choices
and retirement of my defensive MA10 catcher have left with a great offensive team but poor selection of defensive skills
The movement 10 does allow me to push other oppsition throwers further back in their half stretching the length of their offensive play and it allows me to attack and mark ball carriers/receivers i could not otherwise get to. The other advantage is the abilty to attack players sitting at the back of the field to stop my one turn touch downs.
But i am finding my team lacks the variety of skills other teams have at this level due my 6 +MA rolls
the lack of tackle/strip ball/sidestep is a great examples of this
three movement 10 players would be cool and his jump up combines well with this choice and my one turn score will die or retire soon
its an elfs life and having players ready to replace him would be useful but boosts TS alot

but woodies not need help scoring they need to build a strong defence to win
Strip ball would be useful for causing the turnovers woodelves need to win games against stallers
Sidestep combines brilliantly with tackle and can be very furstrating for your opponnet can can reduce the amount he is hit as people cannot control where he goes also and preventing crowd pushes
Diving tackle combines very well with jump up and tackle and would make him nasty marker

I think my main thought aging did not exist i would take +MA and gain other skills i need later but it exists and i dont think he will get many more skills before aging kicks in
but still not sure

There was this disturbance in the water, then suddenly this giant testicle came out and grabbed me
slanter

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2006 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

eyes: I think you've answered your own question...
Elves have a load of good skills to pick from and getting the least desirable stat increase (+MA) is iffy at best.
A WE coach that has "problems with mobility" should learn to play... why give the fastest team in BB higher MA?

Agree with Webbe here, sidestep is an obvious pick now that you have jumpup

Mnemon

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2006 - 12:46 Reply with quote Back to top

It doesn't really matter. I don't think holding back on stats increases because he might eventually age later on makes much sense. Just as he might age, you might as well get lucky and see him not ageing. He'll be retired someday no matter what skills you take. Get strip ball on the next player that skills up. Can be a lineman too. It doesn't hurt Wood Elfs to have "backup" players like that, given with av7 it is likely that some of your players will vanish from the pitch during playing - and the more versatile your linemen are and the less you need special players the better anyway.

I'd go for the +ma and get strip ball/side step whatever some other time. Of course I am not one that is much interested in maximizing the team for the purpose of absolutely winning most, getting my CR up or the like, which is why I prefer(ed [recently made some ranked teams again due to the lack of games to be found in unranked, after staying away from ranked all together since unranked was focused]) playing unranked.

-Mnemon
Kedlav

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2006 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

More movement=more mobility. More mobile Wood Elves=Better wood elves. Never hurts to have more recovery speed and upfield attacking ability. 10 movement means one more guy who can hop the line and get up in the ballcarrier's junk, and once he gets strip ball and side step(or pass block for elfbowl), he'll be downright sick. 10 MA dancers and leap prevent's a guy from sitting back in his own zone then moving up for the pass, 10 ma, strip ball, and leap dancer pair means that no cage is safe.
pac

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2006 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Would Liverpool FC play elfball?

Take +MA - then go and get some of those elves killed!

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2006 - 14:07 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:

lots of long balls and jumping sound like wood elves to me
quick stylish play maybe not

There was this disturbance in the water, then suddenly this giant testicle came out and grabbed me
Brad

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2006 - 14:21 Reply with quote Back to top

OneTurners are awesome on Defence, especially if you can give him Sidestep. Opposition QBs aren't even safe standing in their own Endzone. Means opposition need to cage in thier backfield, giving you less targets to cover in your own half. Give him StripBall / Tackle if he lasts that long and you've got a nasty Blitzer that will really disrupt any elven offence.

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2006 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Go for the ma. Ma 10 wardancers are extremly good.
pac

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2006 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

eyeslikethunder wrote:
pac wrote:

lots of long balls and jumping sound like wood elves to me
quick stylish play maybe not

Er, no, I was trying to make a disparaging remark about the fact that your team played predominantly other elf teams - rather than a balanced mixture of opponents - being a poor reflection of LFC's proud traditions.

I'll have to try harder to be disapproving in future! Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2006 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I´m torn between the +ma and guard. guard works very fine with another strip ball WD. ma10 is awesome too though

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2006 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

As every mutated Elf (elfs that rolls some double), the retirement is the only solution !

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2006 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

def909 wrote:
I´m torn between the +ma and guard. guard works very fine with another strip ball WD. ma10 is awesome too though

The way I understood the original poster, he didn't roll a double, but a 6-4 (or 4-6) and is therefore only entitled to +ma or a regular skill. Guard cannot be taken in this case.
eyeslikethunder

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2006 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah it was 6 and 4
not a double

flash

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2006 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

One MA 10 WD ist really great, but 2 MA 10 WD is a pure Nightmre to play against. You just cant stop them. MA 10 + Jump Up is really great. Just try o make ur other WD more defensive and give him Strip ball or tackle (and tackle to other players will help you a lot, too).

Otherwise even with MA 10, he can be pushed there where you dont want him to be pushed (sidelines and others...), so i think Sidestep is also a really good choice. MA 9, Jump Up and sidestep isnt that bad.

A really hard decision. With no MA 10 in the team i would go for +MA without thinking about it.

Ive Once played against a 55 SPP WD with 4 Stat Increases: +ST, +AG, +MA, +MA... This one was real tricky to play against. He was just everywhere and always managed to knock down my ball carrier -.-

Last edited by flash on %b %16, %2006 - %13:%Mar; edited 2 times in total
coffindodger

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2006 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Go for the +Ma

Paul
 Jump to: