34 coaches online • Server time: 01:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which is the best elf team?
Dark Elves
46%
 46%  [ 61 ]
High Elves
16%
 16%  [ 22 ]
Pro Elves
12%
 12%  [ 16 ]
Wood Elves
23%
 23%  [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 130

Oblitzamanger

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2006 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Just wondering what the fumbbl community thinks is the best elf team. I personally expect the answer to be Pro elves, but I may (and most likely) be wrong. I want to go over some weaknesses and strengths I think are important for reviewing this topic:

Wood Elves are expensive and die way too easily. But, they are the only elf team that have a a big guy and the amazing War Dancers are just way too cool, and very good.

Pro Elves are the relatively cheapest, but have the second to least armor value of all four. Nerves of Steel is totally broken, but they are only as fast as a human team.

High Elves have relatively more armor than the others and are not as expensive as Woodies or Dark Elves. And they can start with several positional players and still be able to have some money to buy a re-rolls.

Dark Elves are the slowest elf team and they are pretty expensive, but they have a higher armor value than the others. Witch Elves may not start with catch, but they are pretty useful in many other ways.

So what do you guys think? I'm no expert at elves, so I want to know. Thanks.
Andy_Alt

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2006 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree.

Witch Elves are best.
Oblitzamanger

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2006 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

But why? And I see the poll is in favor of the Dark Elves. Once again, why?

That means you.
Oblitzamanger

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2006 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

D***it! Will you guys please explain why you vote whatever way? The poll result are nice, but I want to know why!

That means you.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2006 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

in my experience...delfs are a lot more capable of surviving at the higher TR's...the increased av is a major blessing...for some reason av8 seems to be the magic number...the early games tend to be rougher, kind of like bringing up a rookie chaos team......no skills, and *most* rookie delf teams start with pure linos, so getting them going can be a task...but about 130-150 they start to come into their own a lot better...they don't bash like the av9 teams, nor do they pass like the av7 teams, excelling at neither, but they can do both very well when it comes down to it...everything i've seen, all 3 of the other elf teams are predominantly dodgy elfball teams...delfs are the only ones taht can stand up and actually play a little bit more smashmouth when it's necessary...

--j

ImageImage
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2006 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

darkies, they are simply the coolest looking

Don't drop the soap.
Longshanks

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2006 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I voted Darkies because they're my favourite. Why? Not entirely sure.

Their AV8 is a definite plus compared to woodies etc but I think mostly it's because you have access to 4 Blitzers. Witch elves are intriguing but I think many (most?) DE coaches will leave buying a witch till later in the teams development.

I think its a close call between DE's and HE's myself. I just think having AV7 stops Woodies from being the 'best'. Of course it's very much determined by what environment you're playing in, and what you mean by best (most winning-est, highest life expectancy etc) and at what TR.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2006 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

my delf teams always try to pick up 2 or 3 blitzers before a witch, just for reliability....frenzy can get you into trouble sometimes if you don't pay attention....but the witches always end up being the key players on the team..they're the ones that are always in the thick of things beating stuff up and being a general nuisance....

as for environment...my impression was for the ranked division.....all of this, like longshanks said, is dependent on where you're playing.....playing in a purely elfball division.....delfs will be good if you build them as anti-elf teams....but woodies or pro could be better off...

--j

ImageImage
Topper

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2006 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I voted DE.
I love them, but they aren´t that good at first.
However my perspective is for leagues:
They have AV 8 and can survive bashier teams, they have AG 4 as all elves.
At higher TR they have 4 blitzers, 2 witches, some capable linemen and not to forget a couple of throwers.
Their PRIME players are their Witches and Blitzers. Witches with block, tackle are great hunters and capable of crowdpushing.
The Blitzers are all blodgers with extras and 1 should be a WD like type with leap, stripball.
Your linemen will either be blodgers or have block+ Guard(doubles), kick or DP.
Also Sidestep is a great combo for these players.
I just love to play them, so it´s also abit because of that I voted like I did.
I think woodies are good too, and Pro´s and High elves have their worth I guess.
I just don´t like the way they should be played.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2006 - 01:04 Reply with quote Back to top

you can fairly do great things with pro elves but bashers tend to injury them and force them into recovery. But I really love them. In a league HE and DE are the bests.

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2006 - 01:09 Reply with quote Back to top

You really need to add in what kind of division you mean. In ranked wood elves is probably best as injuries aren't an issue, they are fast and good on defense with their wardancers (that tend to get strip ball/tackle immedietly). Pro elves have the best offense of the teams but all elven teams should be able to score in two turns with ease anyway.

In a scheduled league where you meet all kinds of opponent that don't follow your tr down when you lose, the av8 elves are of course superior. Personally I would say that the high elves are slightly better as they are faster but the difference isn't all that big.

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2006 - 01:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I would say despite your first thought Pro-Elves are indeed the weakest of elf teams. Dont know why but just seem to want to die more than even their wood elf cousins. Their only strong point is their catchers and the wicked dumpoff possibilities between them. As to the best Wood Elves are great for cracking a tournament wide open and feeding on the sweet juice within. However the AV 8 elves are the best long term.. and IMO High elves are just bloody boring. Soo Darkies are the best.. but hell I voted for woodies anyway.

Proud Member of the SWL
Oblitzamanger

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2006 - 01:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Rabid Bogscum said it best. From what you have told me, Woodies make the best tourney team, and Dark elves are the best long-timers. But I still say that with NOS, Pro elves can make good tourney teams too.

Thanks guys. So now, could you give me the best rookie elf team lineups? Hopefully, one for a tourney and one for a long-term season.

That means you.
def909

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2006 - 02:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted DE, though Woodies come close. I also coach a Proelf team and the catchers are awesome, but that´s all they got. I feel that Woodies are as good or even better at scoring than Proelves, and are better on defense with their Wardancers (best players in the game imho). Plus I really love the tree, even if he´s not always useful. Darkelves are my vote for the best Elven team because it´s still not very difficult to score in 2 (for a developed team) while they are certainly the best bashers. Witches can become pretty scary and start being good as soon as they get block. I never played Highelves, but with mostly av8 they look good. However I find their players - overall - to be a bit boring. WE have the Treeman and Wardancers, Proelves have amazing catchers, Darkelves have the witches, and the Highelves? Catch, block, pass. Useful skills to win a game, no doubt, but boring. I must note though that I have been furiously beaten by HE teams in the past. I guess they are just not my style.

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2006 - 02:12 Reply with quote Back to top

oblitzamanger

QUIT POSTING STUPID THINGS THAT YOU THINK ARE WORTH DISCUSSION WITHOUT DOING A FORUM SEARCH TO FIND THE FIVE HUNDRED THREADS WITH THE EXACT SAME NAME AS THIS ONE

this is in my opinion worse than your thread about adding dragons to divx

im more offended by you now then i mentioned in my response to your pm

Goodbye Cusi
 Jump to: