43 coaches online • Server time: 00:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which is the best elf team?
Dark Elves
46%
 46%  [ 61 ]
High Elves
16%
 16%  [ 22 ]
Pro Elves
12%
 12%  [ 16 ]
Wood Elves
23%
 23%  [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 130

momfreeek

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2006 - 02:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Its the DE blitzers that make the difference. Blitzers are the most versatile elves and DEs have 4. Why are they the most versatile you ask? Its because they come with block. But everyone gets block anyway you answer. Well exactly. Its the one skill that every player will choose at some point (apart from throwers maybe). So if you start with it it gives you more choice of what else to give them.

DEs get the most block/dodge players of all the elves (apart from wood-elves who have ST2 players) meaning they don't have to waste so many skill rolls getting the basics. The other elves waste money on catch, which is nowhere near as good as block or dodge. (how many dark-elves do you see choosing catch).

AV8 IS the magic number. But only because of MB. AV7 is the real magic number (its easier to roll a 7 on 2d6 than any other number, therefore AV7 to AV6 is the most damaging modification).

So lots of block/dodge, ST3 all round and AV8 almost all round make them the toughest of the elves by quite a margin. And when ur an elf toughness is what you need (they're perfectly capable of ball-play without catch).

Last edited by momfreeek on %b %15, %2006 - %02:%Mar; edited 4 times in total
chunky04

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2006 - 02:22 Reply with quote Back to top

At what TR?

In what sort of environment?

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2006 - 02:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, and for lineups...

For tourney (100k, at least FF1 necessary): Woodies: 2 WD, 1 Catcher, 8 Linos, 2 RR, 1 FF, Darkelf: 1 witch, 2 blitzers, 1 thrower, 7 linos, 2 RR, 1 FF.

Longterm: Woodies: 1 WD, 10 Linos, 2 RR / 1 RR + Apo, FF 8 - Darkelf: 1 Blitzer, 10 Linos, FF 9, 2 RR, 10k left

Some start longterm teams even with only linos, might even be a better tactic but I like having at least one positional from the start.

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2006 - 02:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Flynn wrote:
oblitzamanger

QUIT POSTING STUPID THINGS THAT YOU THINK ARE WORTH DISCUSSION WITHOUT DOING A FORUM SEARCH TO FIND THE FIVE HUNDRED THREADS WITH THE EXACT SAME NAME AS THIS ONE

this is in my opinion worse than your thread about adding dragons to divx

im more offended by you now then i mentioned in my response to your pm

I don´t mind if this has been discussed before. If you already read a threat with this topic just skip it, what´s the big deal? The fact that a fair number of people have answered in this thread obviously justifies it´s existence I´d say.
maxlongstreet

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2006 - 02:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Lay off Flynn. If people don't post inane threads for folks to glom on to, then some of us will hit new heights of boredom on the job.
MrStick

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2006 - 02:37 Reply with quote Back to top

TR100 Tournie Darkies

4 Blitzers

8 Lines

2RR

FF1
MrStick

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2006 - 02:38 Reply with quote Back to top

see above
*************************************************************Should read 7 line not 8 Smile

No need for a thrower
Flynn

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2006 - 02:38 Reply with quote Back to top

id rather the new heights of boredom
id rather a forum post on pie

ID RATHER he had gone back and found a forum post that was on a topic he wanted to discuss and bumped it so the existing discussion could be discussed instead of taking up memory with posts that have already been discussed

hey macavity! where are you on this one bud? i could use some back up here

Goodbye Cusi
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2006 - 02:42 Reply with quote Back to top

def909: starting with 1 ff for any elven team, and pretty much any race, is the most foolish thing to do. Elves need money to replace players, especialy woodie or pro elves. Starting with all linos so you can include an apoch, 2-3 rr, and 8-9 ff is usualy the best start for a ranked team. Now if it was for league-play where wins and loses determine playoffs, championships, seeding, etc, then starting out with 1-2 positional players is necesary so that you have a reliable player (such as block skill for blitzing or pass skill for throwing a long pass when you have no rerolls).

Don't drop the soap.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2006 - 02:44 Reply with quote Back to top

i <3 flynn

--j

ImageImage
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2006 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Just thought of something else: even taking 4 DE blitzers and just 1 ff for a tournament can be a disasture. Even AV8 will break, and getting low winnings when you have 2 MNG can end any playoff run you might make. FYI: my darkies took 4-5 cas from a zon team before while only hurting 1-2 of them.

Don't drop the soap.
MrStick

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2006 - 03:14 Reply with quote Back to top

sorry dude......

Must be my table top tournie background showing.

all cas a wiped for next game and no winnings
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2006 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

For tabletop tourneys (as MrStick refered to) Woodies are the best. 2 wardancers, some catchers and maybe a thrower... Man, they really own. Even versus Dwarfs they can play a good game.

I voted for DE tho, they are my favorite, and with some stat increase you can build some pretty cool players. And as said before, av8 is the best for longterm plans.
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2006 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

In leagues DE and HE are best because of the high armour. I think in one single match with full roster (which u may never have hehe) woodies are unbeatable. Pros are fun but I think they are the weakest of the elfs(which doesent mean they cant win games)
def909

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2006 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

ex-convict wrote:
def909: starting with 1 ff for any elven team, and pretty much any race, is the most foolish thing to do. Elves need money to replace players, especialy woodie or pro elves. Starting with all linos so you can include an apoch, 2-3 rr, and 8-9 ff is usualy the best start for a ranked team. Now if it was for league-play where wins and loses determine playoffs, championships, seeding, etc, then starting out with 1-2 positional players is necesary so that you have a reliable player (such as block skill for blitzing or pass skill for throwing a long pass when you have no rerolls).

I agree with you that you shouldn´t start with 1 FF, however this was for _tourney_ play. Longterm it has to be FF 8/9 for every team, not just elves...
 Jump to: