71 coaches online • Server time: 19:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post SWL Season 100!goto Post Problem to organize ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Trekamp

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2006 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh no, now you went and killed the joke.....

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2006 - 11:25 Reply with quote Back to top

First time I heard it vas funf yahren alt
Adar

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2006 - 11:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Korenn wrote:
I think the only country that wouldn't vote for it's own language for 'the' official language would be the Netherlands.

The Dutch government has spent decades and heaps of money to make sure that every inhabitant speaks at least two languages (actually speak, not just babble), so that our small country can compete anywhere on the world. We're not there yet, but it's close Smile

I'm sorry but we've already voted against having our own language as an official language, not only in the European Union but in Sweden itself. Rolling Eyes

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2006 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Glimmervoid wrote:
Panda_ wrote:
Every langage should be official.

If you all adhere to one, you will lose your country culture.

Speak Corse, Chtimi, Breton, Alsacian (bas rhin, haut rhin), méditérarnéen, and even basic french !

kk... to make this clear... there are three official languages in eu... frensh, english and german.... its complete crap to make all dokuments and laws in every language of every eu country official... this would slow the the eu-law massivly down, maybe it would be impossible to make any new laws, however there would be much work for translators and lawyers...

Er, I'm afraid this nightmare world you speak of is the one we live in: the European Union has <b>twenty</b> official languages (and Irish Gaelic is to become the 21st) - thus making lots of work for translators and lawyers. Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2006 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:
Er, I'm afraid this nightmare world you speak of is the one we live in: the European Union has <b>twenty</b> official languages (and Irish Gaelic is to become the 21st) - thus making lots of work for translators and lawyers. Smile

Ah, the money is just flying in my pockets when I hear those beautiful words... official languages

Jump to: