79 coaches online • Server time: 21:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tallmaris

Post 5 Posted: Mar 17, 2006 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi everyone... I was looking at the skill popularity page to get some hint on how to skill my vampires, and I noticed that they are not taken into consideration...

After a bit of wondering, I decided to get up this post, just to listen what are (in order) the first skill you will give a vampire on a normal roll or a double, and what to give a thrall.

In my team, I gave my first thrall block, and the other thrall got guard on a double.

To my three vamps I gave block, dodge and pro as first skill (just to understand which one will perform better), and to the dodgy one gave jump up on a double.

What about your vamps? or any idea even if you never coached them before? Thanks for your answers. Smile

PS: is it possibile to add vamps to the popularity page anyway?

Math and alcohol don't mix well... please don't drink and derive
heinz

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2006 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I've written some thoughts in here other, more experienced vamp coaches have added useful advice.

Block is my 1st choice for all vamps...guard or tackle 2nd depending.

On thralls block or surehands...later tackle and strip ball. Doubles goes to dodge or guard...pass/accurate on sure hands guy.

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2006 - 12:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Dodge is a good starting skill on vamps if you have blockers already. First vamp to get a skill gets block and the other ones get dodge unless doubles. To many failed ofab when the vamp needs to make 2+ to get away to bite a thrall when the rr has already been used. And dodge makes it easier to score . Dodge plus strippb is a good combo for the first 2 skills but this is also better used when you have vamps with block around.

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2006 - 12:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah heinz... I read you guide and probably it is the major reason I started a team... and enjoyed it Smile

As for skills, I noticed that taking Pro as first skill is pretty useless: it forces that vamp to be most a support role (with rerollable hypno-gaze and failing OFAB much less) or a passer, but without block or dodge he is not so helpful to the team... :/

Math and alcohol don't mix well... please don't drink and derive
coffindodger

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2006 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Only played half a dozen games (TT) so far with Vamps, but i'd agree that Block has been much more useful so far than Pro. Dodge has also been on the list, but not got around to a second skill for a Vamp yet.

Hobgogbs - playing using the Vault rules and decided to try out Wrestle rather than Block as we have a Norse and a Dwarf team in our local league. First 2 skills were Sure Hands though, to ensure as good ball handling as possible from as early as possible. Is working well so far.

BFN

Paul
heinz

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2006 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

BTW the skills stat page was last updated July 28th, 2004. Lots of rules changes since then...an update would be nice, but not something i really miss.

Edit: And dont forget to train up for XFL-Vamps, scheduled right after the Chaos Dwarf in progress!