72 coaches online • Server time: 20:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How can I keep my team alive please?
Retire niggles
24%
 24%  [ 15 ]
Retire Harry only
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Retire Paul only
9%
 9%  [ 6 ]
Retire all injured
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Just play on and grin and bear it
35%
 35%  [ 22 ]
Other
9%
 9%  [ 6 ]
Pie
14%
 14%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 62

PandaPower

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=213233

I love this team, they aren't exactly good, but they were the team I started to learn about bbowl on here. Can anyone help me save them? I've been getting continuosly pounded recently by teams / nuffle / my bad playing...

Should I retire Harry? Paul? All injuries?
Buddy

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I hate when a love team starts going down hill, but best way to do it, it keep playing on, buy fresh players and filter out the weak guys.
deckerCKY

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2006 - 06:53 Reply with quote Back to top

first thing: retire the rookie with the miss game/niggle and buy another rookie goblin

In cheaters, goblins are the dependable players who'll play the whole game. You should keep buying goblins to have 10-11 before replacing any weapons.

Put Harry on line duty and take away his apoth privileges. He'll take care of the dying part soon enough and you won't have to worry about retiring him.

Also, drop all 4 assistant coaches. That way, you'll face lower rated teams and stay in an earning bracket with higher winnings longer.

The team's in trouble and will take alot of work to recover, but it could be pulled off.

Oh, and play teams with high fan factors. Very Happy
Jazz

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2006 - 07:16 Reply with quote Back to top

You are playing Stunty and are worrying how to keep your team alive? Somehow the two seem a contradiction in terms to me. The whole idea of Stunty is to have your teams mangled, destroyed and eradicated to the last person. Very Happy

But the above advices are sound. Make sure to have a semi-consistent core of reliable players. Then start replacing or adding the weapons. Everything that is niggled or has permanent injuries goes on 'catch that lethal blow before it lands on a valuable player'-duty.

regards,
Jazz
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2006 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Don*t play with the team until the LRB5 is implemented in the client. Niggling injuries are no reason to fire a player anymore, then.

Fama

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2006 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

[Offtopic]Actually, I'd probably fire anyone with 2+ niggling injuries, because they get off the pitch too easily. Maybe 3+, but anyway.[/offtopic]

It seems to me you already fired one guy? Well, keep the rest and like people said, try to get more goblins first.

Edit: Off topic part was about PBBL. Aka. The Vault. Aka. LRB 5.

Last edited by Fama on %b %19, %2006 - %20:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2006 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

This is stunty league not ranked peeps.

Niggled and injured players actually are something useful there. Put them on the los or use them to tie down big guys. If it gets injured again or dies it was at least not one of the healthy ones. Player turnover is quick enough to not require any retirements, unless you have a lot of money to burn.

-Mnemon
^Spyrer^

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2006 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=109485

Who needs to retire players?

In Stunty Death should be the only retirer =)
PandaPower

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2006 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Eek... super fouling death to my team Sad Two more niggles... Ouch. I will prevail!! Thanks for all your advice folks!! In case anyone wants to see my team's death it is : -
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1132785
Astarael

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2006 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Ohhh I'm famous!

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2006 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

panda....as a long time cheaters player(hell i even won the necro tourney with them)...let me give you some good(in my own opinion) advice...

you're in a tough spot right now, with most of your team either mng, or being potentially ejected....so first priority is to beef up your gobbo ranks....avoid buying any new positionals until you get a solid core of 7 or 8 gobbos...a niggle here or there isn't a big thing since they can be your LOS fodder.....after that, start working on replacing players, canning nigglers & -av, etc etc...

keep the nigglers....start using them as mark players for big guys, especially.....put them on the LOS as cannon fodder, use them for assists where you can, if you *really* want to get rid of them, don't apo them when they get injured or die....biggest thing, try to avoid getting them spp's unless you need to, especially if you plan on canning them eventually....nothing sucks more than giving a cas spp to a niggler, when a healthy player would benefit more from it...

the positionals are the stars of the team, but the gobbos are the core of the team...you need to build up a good solid foundation of gobbos and keep them healthy....when a player gets injured(and they will, it's inevitable), change their duties, and start using them as a nuisance to other teams....

cheaters are an awesome team to play with, but they're definitely one of the more advanced teams, especially when half your team tends to get ejected by the second half, either by ref weapon spots, or by fouling....they're also one of the most lethal if played properly....

they're hard to get off the ground initially, with no big guys, and lack of any G access to defend themselves with, but once they get rolling, they're pretty vicious....

lastly...be vicious....play dirty....especially since you're already down players...that's the whole point of cheaters...they're not a nice team, don't play them that way....Smile

--j

ImageImage
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2006 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

you wanna know how to keep them alive?

dddrrrruuummmmmmmmmmm

don't play with them Very Happy

no, no, really, no need to thank me, it's natural for me

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2006 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Sack them nigglers, nigglers sucks and Im gonna sack mine once I wonn Warpstone open (fingers crossed)
PandaPower

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2006 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks shadow , i'm reluctant to play dirty because that might make my opponent play dirty too... and my team ae already trashed Very Happy. Thanks bacon... think, and thanks to fischer,Mnemon, VanGorn, Fama, Jazz, Buddy, DeckerCry, and all the rest who have given their opinion Smile Things are looking up, i can field a full team + 2 reserves now!
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2006 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

don't be reluctant to play dirty....that's the whole premise behind cheaters....tell me an honest team that half of their team is capable of being ejected? Wink

also it's stunty....dirty play is going to happen, it's inevitable...the more you do it, the more adept you become at it, and the more you start to learn when to use it effectively....

a seasoned dirty player is much more capable than a weekend warrior dirty player...Wink

--j

ImageImage
 Jump to: