23 coaches online • Server time: 08:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Narjhan

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2006 - 08:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Team: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=231959

I currently have an ag 6 DE lino that I'm struggling to find much use of. He'd be a great interceptor of course but passes that can be intercepted seem pretty rare and people that do them tend to have safe throw. He gets to do a few odd dodges and a long pass every now and then.

Basically I don't benefit much from it with my current playstyle and he does increase TR by a fair bit. I find myself outclassed in the upper ratings anyway and have been trying to get into the lower brackets for a while.

Should I scrap the guy or develop him? If the latter I'd be really grateful if you gave me a few ideas for development of the player in question.
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2006 - 08:30 Reply with quote Back to top

On doubles: guard. He gets anywhere.

For the same reason, strip ball. Apart from that standard Block/side step/dodge.

No scrapping!

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2006 - 08:42 Reply with quote Back to top

the most useful thing about AG6 is that he can still succeed at doing things in tacklezones that other players would only consider trying where there are none. The most useful of these is ball recovery. If you can get the ball free, this guy can pick it up in 3 TZs on a 3+ (which is the same as a normal AG3 roll with no TZs). Go for skills that wil help in that situation -- the most useful by far is dodge (he makes quite a target with that AG6, so you want to get into those zones, and out again, which means several dodges in a row). Sure hands, and leap are also useful skills, however, i probably wouldn't take leap with AG6, simply because it will generally be 2+ to dodge anyway.

That's what I'd be developing him for anyway.

The alternative is to take pass block, and turn him into an interception machine -- good coaches will *never* pass the ball where he can get close to it, unless they have pass block. That means they either need to blitz him, or they need to pass on the other side of the field - which means he can have a whole lot of influence on the game just by being on the field.

Arcon

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2006 - 09:04 Reply with quote Back to top

spelledaren wrote:
On doubles: guard. He gets anywhere.

For the same reason, strip ball. Apart from that standard Block/side step/dodge.

No scrapping!

What I wanted to say.
Synn

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2006 - 09:04 Reply with quote Back to top

If you land doubles..... take dump off. That should prove fun!

__Synn
**Dodge normal skill
deckerCKY

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2006 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

well, with normal skills, just make him a blodger to keep him around. Doubles, I'd take guard as has been said. However, after those, the sky's the limit for this player. Pass block and catch are one path, strip ball then leap is another. Either that, or he could become the ultimate dirty player! Dodge through the line and foul the gutter runner that tripped! Gets him off the pitch to keep him safe too.
Curro

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2006 - 09:58 Reply with quote Back to top

What Spelledaren said. He (the lino, not spelledaren) will be a very useful cagebreaker.
Kamahl

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2006 - 10:06 Reply with quote Back to top

AG6 abomination [ Wink ] will rule the field when applied correctly.
Take leap + stripball. nigtmare on defence, can always blitz the ballcarrier. On offense, well, dodging thry 2 tacklezones on 2+[and leap to oversome even a solid wall etc] enables you to play fantastic running game.
spinball

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2006 - 10:12 Reply with quote Back to top

just think Barry Sanders.... Very Happy
Brad

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2006 - 10:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Or if U're worried about him getting snapped, take Surehands / Pass on Doubles and throw the length of the field on a 1/36 fail rate - do away with the need for a thrower. I'd personally take the Dodge/Leap/StripBall path - but thats me.

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2006 - 10:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Dodge, Strip Ball, Leap is the way to go!
Moxy

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2006 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

He is way to useful to get rid of. Keep him and give him Blodge and pass block. He will be a no throw zone. Lastly I would consider strip ball to help him get the ball loose. Leap is only marginally usefull but it is still fun.
Colin

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2006 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
What to do with an ag 6 DE lineman?

Easy answer: keep him alive! My own Ag6 Dodge lineman got targetted by blitzes, so Blodge first, then Strip Ball, Sure Hands or Pass Block, depending on what other players you have for stripping, retrieving or intercepting the ball.

Leap will mostly be useful for extending his movement range in crowded areas, rather than increasing his slipperyness, as he can dodge almost anywhere on a 2+ (with reroll once he has Dodge). Sure Feet would do a similar job.

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2006 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

get dodge first so its easier for him to score then block to keep him alive i would get sure hands to he retreive and off load the ball when tz this allows lots break away td's
as for other skills depends what you team has at the time
passblock will be good later

There was this disturbance in the water, then suddenly this giant testicle came out and grabbed me
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2006 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I d take pass block as an intercept threat. Guard sounds nice but requieres a double.

Counting on a blodge sidestep is a bad option. He will niggle before I think.