33 coaches online • Server time: 14:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IV
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KingofFighters

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2006 - 03:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Dodge - Block and guard if a double along the way - otherwise (SNAP)... Then passblock Smile yay.
skummy

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2006 - 03:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Best thing to do with a 6 AG linelf is to not get one. I'd rather have a 5 AG leaper, personally.
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2006 - 03:59 Reply with quote Back to top

realisticaly, I don't see why people would drop perfectly good players that arent nigged just b/c they raise TR and make you play better teams...

A)consider yourself lucky, ag6 linos are hard to come by! (though i have an ag5 darkie lino)
B)give him leap/stripball/block/tackle to let him break any cages, kinda like a slower dark elf version of a wardancer
C)the only way you could drop him is if he you had 13-14 players when he was let go to cover for him
D)if you do drop him, the fact that you probably won't have another ag6 player ever again should haunt you for the rest of your career!

Don't drop the soap.
samiggulden

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2006 - 04:29 Reply with quote Back to top

i just played a game where i had an AG 5 elf... it was pretty sweet being able to move freely thru 2 or 3 tackle zones... also found he was handy with blitzing the ball carier in a cage (although its hard to get assists)

for skill i'd take block first to help with desperate blitzes, then pobably pass block for shutting down the pass or strip ball for the blitzing the cage.

i'd get dodge and sure hands later, cos with AG 6, the use of them (and leap) would be rare enough to rely on regular RR's for.

if i had a double - i'd definately go for guard - would be sweet to have an assist at the exact place you need it.

one thing i wouldn't do is get rid of him! stat adavances are so hard to come by and they make him a unique player that other coaches won't have a plan for.
Markusen

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2006 - 05:02 Reply with quote Back to top

This guy can decides matches for you, so do not throw him away!
But be aware, he'll be target no1 and a lot of coaches will foul him several times.

I have 2 AG6 elves, they are just crazy. Dodge is first skill he should get, 'cause he still fails a dodge 1/6 - and believe me, you will dodge a lot with that player - he's like stunty in a way of 'ignoring' TZ's.

Block...hm... I think he's one of the players who do not need it. Why? Because he always will run around to come the most efficient sqaure to occupy. So next skills could be Leap, Side Step, Strip Ball. I'd go for Side Step.

Double...hm... Guard is great on such a guy for sure, but how about Jump Up?
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2006 - 05:11 Reply with quote Back to top

My own agi6 lino was a lowly blodger who rolled twin +agi at 31/51, and is now approaching 76 spp. If a normal skill, he'll take surehands. If a double, pass. Why? An agi6 player is every bit as good a ball-tosser as an agi4 accurate/strongarm thrower, except the pass skill allowing a free reroll on a fumble. I've made him my primary passer on offense, only occasionally being shown on the defensive side. But if I'm down a player or three (not that uncommon, as my darkies play chaos, orcs, etc fairly regularly) then he becomes a whale of a deep safety. Have one of my stripballers remove the ball, let it bounce around a tad, then he can dodge to wherever it is, pick it up (surehands will make him even better at this), dodge out and toss upfield for a waiting scorer. It's beautiful!

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2006 - 05:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Sicko high AG guys need leap and pro and they can play the ball anywhere.
Maybe pro sounds wierd but AG helps in so many ways pro's the only way to cover 'em all.
This helps him dodge to crazy places, helps him pick up the ball in crazy places, helps him catch in crazy places and throw in crazy places.

All you need then is a few ball stripping team mates and you got yourself some serious defence.

Edit: and passblock, obviously. Maybe even this instead of leap as the high AG will get him through the line anyway. Hang him backfield looking to take the pick...and if you can spill the ball out of the cage dodge him in and steal it.

Don't know if pro gives you a second shot at intercepting like catch skill does though...anyone ?
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2006 - 06:08 Reply with quote Back to top

No, pro is only active during your turn, not during the opponent's turn...

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2006 - 06:18 Reply with quote Back to top

AFK_Eagle wrote:
My own agi6 lino was a lowly blodger who rolled twin +agi at 31/51, and is now approaching 76 spp. If a normal skill, he'll take surehands. If a double, pass. Why? An agi6 player is every bit as good a ball-tosser as an agi4 accurate/strongarm thrower, except the pass skill allowing a free reroll on a fumble.

Unless fumbbl works differenty than tabletop, this is actually incorrect. If the roll modifies to a 1 after adjustments, then the pass is a fumble. Therefore a long bomb with a 6 AG will fumble on a 1, 2, and 3, while a strong arm, pass 4 AG player will only fumble on a natural one.

A 6 AG player does not pass or leap any better than a 5 agility player. The only thing a 6 AG player is good for is picking up or dodging through multiple tackle zones, or intercepting. As a result, I'd much rather have a 6 AG player with Leap, who can play better defence.
Astarael

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2006 - 06:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd go for giving him pass block, catch and block. That'll really limit their passing ability.

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2006 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

check this out: http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=5203&highlight=high+ag

various uses for High AG players, and trust me, it takes a good 10 games to learn how to use them effectively... i have a 5Ag Leap DE lino, and he's helped me win from impossible situations, just by being able to get in and out without failing anything. my combo atm is dodge, 5ag, leap, and he is a fantastic cage breaker! a few more spps and he'll niggle i reckon!

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
FischerKing

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2006 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

all my catchers with an ag increas takes leap, those kindoff players winn more games than any other on my team because Im able to punish all mistakes.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2006 - 03:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Have an ag6 HE lineman, and he's pretty much the one to go in in those emergency situations. A ball in several tz that just absolutely needs to be picked up and removed from that positon, or an assist needed with no way to run <i>around</i> other players ... that one can safe the game. Just avoid overusing them.

Dream thing is to have a blodge, ag6, leap, sure hands, nos, dump off player Smile.

-Mnemon
steinerp

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2006 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

So skummy has brought up a good point that I have never thought of before (and he is correct according to the FAQ, I looked it up). What is the point of an AG6 guy? Is there anything he can do that an AG 5 guy can't, if you remember that a modified roll of 1 always fails?
RandomOracle

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2006 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

steinerp wrote:
So skummy has brought up a good point that I have never thought of before (and he is correct according to the FAQ, I looked it up). What is the point of an AG6 guy? Is there anything he can do that an AG 5 guy can't, if you remember that a modified roll of 1 always fails?

Dodging, picking up and catching the ball in 2+ TZs is easier. Interceptions are also more likely, but those are rare anyway.
 Jump to: