19 coaches online • Server time: 08:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Exempt teams
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Laviak

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 08:33 Reply with quote Back to top

*Laviak sneaks up and pulls out the spotlight's power cable ... "Take that space coyote!"

veron

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 08:54 Reply with quote Back to top

A bit dramatic title for just another thread about stalling... Smile
Curro

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 09:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

A bit dramatic title for just another thread about stalling...

/me agrees.
heinz

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 09:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Yea, I was hoping for some pix of the new box set. Disappointment.

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 09:22 Reply with quote Back to top

veron wrote:
A bit dramatic title for just another thread about stalling... Smile

Yeah hoped to find something about new minis or new rules etc.
Curro

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I hoped to find something about virtual reality... but, oh deception! Stalling again.
Mezir

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought this was going to be about Vault... So I expected the flaming, but not the subject.

Glad to see you all got to an amicable solution in the end. But still not the greatest thread I've ever read.

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 11:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I will use that thread to note that I find the new posting community a way lot more rude than the precedent one. I must kinda admit that it has gotten harsh Confused

I think that we should also lighten our behavior and stop feeling insulted everywhere for everything. Discussions are too aggresive IMO, and I start to think that the mood has gotten wrong.

^^

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Seconded, sk8bcn.

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
I will use that thread to note that I find the new posting community a way lot more rude than the precedent one. I must kinda admit that it has gotten harsh Confused

I think that we should also lighten our behavior and stop feeling insulted everywhere for everything. Discussions are too aggresive IMO, and I start to think that the mood has gotten wrong.

^^

Agrees with that completely- /me offer a pie tot he fumbbl community.
What about fling Blood Bowl?
Curro

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes. I agree too.

Quote:

What about fling Blood Bowl?

I´d like to remind you that the "great halfling world tour" (that has an amazing new helmet) still looks for a high elf team to continue the tour!!
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

MrMojo wrote:
Yawn... other one of these rants with shadow stealing the spotlight. It's mine, you hear! It's mine!

hey don't hate me because i'm beautiful....

i can't help it that i'm so sexy that the spotlight is just drawn to my devastatingly good looks....

--j

ImageImage
pac

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Tighearnan wrote:
True, I fully understand that it is a strategy. I am merely speaking to the fact that such tactics ruin the spirit of this game nobody wants to stare at a screen for an entire game with nothing to do. Blood Bowl should be a fun engaging game, passing, blocking, stalling a little if necessary, and fouling if pivotal to a plays completion.

A lot of people will tell you that football (aka soccer) <i>should be played</i> in a certain way - usually involving short passing along the floor, lots of movement, open play - and that to play it in other ways is boring, or even a disgrace to the game, or whatever.

Two counter-points to this type of argument:
- you think everyone should play that way? Then play that way with your own teams, and win. A lot. If it works, others will adopt it.
- Arsene Wenger - in English football - is one who makes some variation on the above complaint a lot. Guess what: if you play an open, clean, 'beautiful' game against his team - you lose (ask Real Madrid)! If you play ugly, you have a much better chance to get a result. No wonder he's so eager to discourage his opponents from playing that way! By analogy with Blood Bowl, isn't it odd how it's so often elves (who would be the main beneficiaries of an end to stalling) who complain about it ...

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

The only thing I have to say about stalling is in my coach info page.

ps: check the last lines of my bio as well, and contact me if you're interested!

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Meh, you will always have people who play that way. Just remember thier names and you will know not to play them again.

Immitated in chat by another member "S**n"
 Jump to: