57 coaches online • Server time: 23:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2006 - 02:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I read the latest thread complaining about stalling and just wanted to share this beautiful piece of stalling made by Tricktickler in the Swedish league quite a while ago. The replay starts in turn 2 in the second half after a reload. The dwarfs are up 1-0 and have inflicted heavy casulaties on their pointy eared opponents when the elves go for this unorthodox strategy.

Enjoy!
eyeslikethunder

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2006 - 10:40 Reply with quote Back to top

very nice

There was this disturbance in the water, then suddenly this giant testicle came out and grabbed me
Tallmaris

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2006 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

The replay is a bit corrupted, but outstanding all the same Smile

Anyway, I'd rather score in a situation like that and then go for a winning, but this is me... I like to lose trying to win than to draw without even trying some spectacular play Smile

Math and alcohol don't mix well... please don't drink and derive
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2006 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

This being a league game it is very possible that the draw has some value. On top of that, if I find a way to stall when I'm outnumbered and likely to be bashed some more, I'll take it.........

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2006 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

sometimes its about momentum ive had games where i ko some oppostion players so could get them back if i score or cas his players but he has players on the bench. So i dont score and use the time to gang up and injure his players so that on the next drive he is weaker in either the number or quality of players he has. their is also the factor that if you keep running away he only gets one blitz if you score you hand momentum back to him allow him to regather from a set peice and have 4 blocks aleast and first turn in which to seize back control of the game
pac

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2006 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm: I would have scored (as the Wood Elves) on turn 6 or 7. Dwarves are pretty unlikely to score in two or three turns, but you should get a decent chance to steal it off them and get a second.

Nice to see some proper elf-stalling all the same though! Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2006 - 04:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
This being a league game it is very possible that the draw has some value. On top of that, if I find a way to stall when I'm outnumbered and likely to be bashed some more, I'll take it.........

Yes, if my memory doesn't serve me wrong I think draw was enough to advance to the finals for the elf coach.
 Jump to: