26 coaches online • Server time: 03:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jurassic-Monkey

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2006 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm after a bit of advice regarding this orc team:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=230589

(Off Topic - check out the thrower, he's looking pretty good so far Very Happy )

Now I usually play around 150-170ish TR and this is the 1st team that I have been both bothered enough to play to a high level and successful enough to do it with (I actually know how to play decently now) so I am relatively inexperienced managing a team at this level with money to spare.

I was hoping to get to buy another re-roll after the last game but my winnings were only 20K so I am still 10K short.

What do you do at this level with money to burn? Do I wait another game to buy the reroll? Hire stars? I don't really need to replace players (yet) so do I save it until I need to?

I am aware of the minimal need to buy assistant coaches and cheerleaders and understand that some coaches like to buy and then fire them to keep their treasury low so as not to increase their TR too far, should I be doing this?

Any advice is welcomed, thanks for your time Smile
pac

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2006 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't see why you'd need a 7th RR, to be honest.

Orcs being Orcs, you're going to have a lot of money, and not much - in terms of replacing players - to spend it on. You can buy a few cheerleaders/coaches, but there's not much point in more than 3 or 4 of each. You can hire Wizards and Stars: but this will put even more coaches off from playing you (beyond those for whom being Orcs is enough). Eventually, you will probably start just dumping money.

On the other hand, one of the advantages of Orcs is that you can afford to replace every sub-par player you have. Like that -av Blitzer. He's probably very valuable to you, and AV 8 isn't too bad since he's not likely to get stood on the LoS, but it's an option that's open to you all the same.

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2006 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Just safe your money for some players you will have to replace.
You do not need a 7th RR.
Play a tournament with them when you have a lot of money. There, you can spend it for stars and/or wizards.
Curro

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2006 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

No, don´t buy another rerroll, I doubt you´ll use it and it´ll spread your TS. I´d fire the -av blitzer or the shadowing BOB (don´t know if he is useful, but can´t see the point with MV4) and replace them with new players. You should buy another thrower soon and develope him, the ST4 AG4 isnt inmortal, you will appreciate to have another non-rookie thrower when George's time will come.
Jurassic-Monkey

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2006 - 15:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the input, I was thinking pretty much along the same lines myself.

The AV8 blitzer is very useful due to his dodge skill and rarely gets stuck into big rucks, but could be replaced.

The Shadowing BOB, heh, I took that as a laugh and experiment, most people don't regard him as a threat so dodge out of his TZ alot, every now and then he catches someone, but he might well get replaced.

Another thrower does need training up, Iknow I'll have to get that sorted soon.

TBH I think I'll go for the replacement BOB, shadowing was fun, butI think he wouldbe better with guard, tackle or mighty blow.
 Jump to: