107 coaches online • Server time: 21:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you like to see threads split off from their original topic more often when they go off-topic or are repeatedly spammed/pied?
Yes, I'd like to see the forums more actively moderated so real conversations aren't needlessly diverted.
39%
 39%  [ 11 ]
No, I'd like to see threads go where they may, regardless of how rude, obnoxious an/or childish that may be.
28%
 28%  [ 8 ]
Maybe, it depends.
25%
 25%  [ 7 ]
I don't care. Although splitting threads gives me more opportunities to "pie" my way to a high post count.
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 28

MrMojo

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Nature_Warden wrote:
I was a vegetarian from birth! Very Happy

That's illogical...

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Illogical but true! They tried to feed me some baby food containing Turkey or something when I was like three and my throat apparantly seized up with mucus or something, my father told me he had to pick me up by the feet and shake me to get me breathing! Ever since then eatting meat just makes me violently sick bare minutes after unless it's like a strip of bacon or two... has anyone else heard of this phenomenon? I only ask because noone believes me when I tell the story...
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

But your mother probably breastfeed you, so technically that doesn't count as vegetarianism, or does it?

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

It does. I believe you, Nature. I drain watch batteries with my body's electrical field, and no one believes that, either...

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Around here they call me a vegetarian for not eatting meat, they call people who refuse to rely on animal products for sustenance vegans... and I find that a little confusing since bread is made with egg... also it's just a matter of time before science starts to prove some of the freaky things the body is capable of let alone the truth behind it's electromagnetic fields... Very Happy
Macavity

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

You can make bread without egg, trust me, my little brother is allergic to eggs.

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

You never make rye bread with eggs. That's apalling.

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I never bake at all.

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

not even pie? Sad

--j

ImageImage
Macavity

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Nothing. Well, Chicken a couple of times in the old days, but if you knew my wife, you'd understand. She's had married men propose marriage to her based on a bite of a cookie. She made a whole passal of Welsh Cakes the other day...

/me drools...

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

When baking rye bread it's essential to have a good sour dough starter. My mother used (maybe still uses) the same starter her grandmother used. (A piece of the dough is always preserved refrigirated before baking, thus it is the "same")

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

i can bend spoons with my hand!! But seriously i know what you mean

Nature_Warden wrote:
Around here they call me a vegetarian for not eatting meat, they call people who refuse to rely on animal products for sustenance vegans... and I find that a little confusing since bread is made with egg... also it's just a matter of time before science starts to prove some of the freaky things the body is capable of let alone the truth behind it's electromagnetic fields... Very Happy
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2006 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

My answer to the poll:
Yes, I'd like to see the forums more actively moderated so real conversations aren't needlessly diverted.

Reasonable moderation is extremely valuable for any community. When threads are constantly going off-topic, something HAS to be done IMO.

My gf is a vegetarian and she can not reasonably explain why. Therefore, I am doing my best to make her eat meat (I am a farmer's son).

Ironik

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2006 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

/me suggest that everybody should get a Pie or eve much more better a Cassata (google it)... Sicilian kitchen, one of the best...
on the argument of the poll I agree with Karhumies.
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2006 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Ironik wrote:
/me suggest that everybody should get a Pie or eve much more better a Cassata (google it)... Sicilian kitchen, one of the best...
on the argument of the poll I agree with Karhumies.

Cassata looks great! I will prepare that for my gf sometime. Smile

Jump to: