27 coaches online • Server time: 08:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
janosh666

Post 18 Posted: Mar 25, 2006 - 10:44 Reply with quote Back to top

My game got some attention on the chat i see, im interesting other coaches wiew on this game, was it great fun, great boring, well played or just plain nothing to discuss in this forum?

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=1138924

Last edited by janosh666 on %b %25, %2006 - %12:%Mar; edited 2 times in total
masterpaw

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2006 - 10:54 Reply with quote Back to top

/boo

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2006 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Bah, you should forget about the game and keep in mind coach name, for your own information i've "played" this guy once and he disconnected from the game when i succeeded getting the ball during his drive.(first half turn 3 and my ag4 ogre running free to the td zone)
I had to wait 10 days before admins solved the problem granting me the concede.

Definitely a despicable coach.

So check coach's info and match records before accepting a game, that's the way a good coach acts if he wants to improve.

Well about stalling and fouling, that's part of the game, don't let the possibility to your opponent to stall if you don't want him to do so.
Smerbev

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2006 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Watching the match, I'd say that he made moves that I personally wouldn't have made. It was unfortunate that you lost your Rat Ogre out of it but it could have been a lot worse I suppose. Just don't worry about it and get on with playing games.

As Thyrreks said, you can't complain about fouling/stalling, it's a possible part of any game you play, so if it happens, you just have to deal with it.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2006 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

how long were the stalls for? I cant spec it as im at work...
janosh666

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2006 - 12:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Bout stalling ive got two things to say: 1 if yre stalling its more important for u to win than having a fun game (i dont think so and havnt stalled a single game in my two years playing BB) 2 if used to be able to foul some more its no point what so ever (fouling gets u no SP but more passes and tds does)
Bout fouling: i use it to get rid of onetimers and such and to get an advantage in numbers of players, not in the intension of destroying a team. And when i have the advantage there is no need to foul whatsoever.

Sorry i know this has ben discussed to death in the forum and i am not really whining, just find games like this so damn boring if it wasnt for the loss of ff i would gladly concede every game that goes in this direction.

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2006 - 13:00 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, try out unranked mate, Ive moved there mostly (bar a team for the rookie rumble and a ruthless cherrypicking zon team, when i feel in a bad mood!) but folk generally chat more, play more for fun, stall and foul less, ranked is rather ruthless these days... If i want to play to win and destroy a team, Ill play with dwarves in Chaos league Laughing

Having said that, Im thinking of setting up a league in unranked, which is just for coaches who want to play for fun and banter, not caring for the result or the optimum skill choices and fan factor :puke: ... but likely it would be overrun by the folk who we try to avoid in the first place! I think there may be a division like that already,.... Ill go look it up!
Mully

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2006 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Sorry i know this has ben discussed to death in the forum and i am not really whining, just find games like this so damn boring if it wasnt for the loss of ff i would gladly concede every game that goes in this direction.

No, you ARE whining. And you are publicly trying to call out another coach. The same exact thing another coach got reamed about just this week.

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2006 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

brownrob wrote:
Having said that, Im thinking of setting up a league in unranked, which is just for coaches who want to play for fun and banter, not caring for the result or the optimum skill choices and fan factor :puke: ... but likely it would be overrun by the folk who we try to avoid in the first place! I think there may be a division like that already,.... Ill go look it up!

I once thought, that maybe there should be a channel for talkative coaches who just want to have fun, so that they could play eachother instead of someone who kills your team and doesn't say a thing.

Last edited by Fama on %b %26, %2006 - %01:%Mar; edited 4 times in total
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2006 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

THX for the link, was rofling when reading what your opponent had to say. Laughing

Getting a link with such a great sarcastic game comment when the intention was to dis that cool coach: priceless^2 Very Happy

Someone got what he deserved! Wink

That said, I have a tendency to whine too much sometimes either and deserve all the ass-whooping I get on those occasions. Twisted Evil

Anyway: THX again for that link!
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2006 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

/me once again suggests ppl to read his coach info, then posts to increas the post count, then leaves.

Stalling is not boring. Bitching in the forums is.

ps: mind you, I'm one of the *good* guys here. Ask around.

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2006 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Fama wrote:
brownrob wrote:

I once thought, that maybe there should be a channel for talkative coaches who just want to have fun, so that they could play eachother instead of someone who kills your team and doesn't say a thing.

Yeah I even remember a guy who wanted the chat box removed from the JavaBB client as it stopped him concentrating on the game... Evil or Very Mad
Playing in my PBEM games there is a good bit opf banter going on in the emails sending the files, I quite look forward to getting them now! Very Happy
Macavity

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2006 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

It's True! Jan is a good guy!

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2006 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
It's True! Jan is a good guy!

HEY!
If you post everytime I do, when will I be able to take #1?
Very Happy

ps to the powers that be: this postcount removal measure is sad. Ppl lack sense of humor. "Post-count chase" is just another way to roleplay... If you want this forum to become a totally serious one, with same posts over fouls-stalls-whines-whatskillshouldIpick and so on, you don't understand what a community is about.

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2006 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Please, Professor Jan, tell us exactly what a community IS about! Razz