66 coaches online • Server time: 22:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Retire the BOBs?
Retire both
67%
 67%  [ 38 ]
Retire one
10%
 10%  [ 6 ]
Keep both
19%
 19%  [ 11 ]
Other, comment in thread
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 56

RandomOracle

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2006 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

My orc team Buffy Episodes has long relied on the two ST 5 black orc blockers. Now they're both niggled from ageing and I'm looking for suggestions what to do. I have the money to replace them and that's an option I'm seriously considering. I like to save money to replace players and hire stars in tourneys so my TR is quite high. Giving away handicaps in most games means that the chance of virus is considerable.

So, should I retire them both, keep one or keep both?
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2006 - 01:08
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

My only hesitation over 'fire them both' is your othewr BOB's arnt exactly veterans yet. But they do have block.

No matter what else though. This problem isnt going away. They will only get more spp and drag more and more.

Bite the bullet. Fire and replace. Rebuild. They are history.
DeMoorck

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2006 - 01:12 Reply with quote Back to top

All you have to consider is, if you can manage the games, where they are unavailable.
If you can: keep em.
If not: Give them jobs on the coaching staff.

I, personally, would keep them. But that is only because I have played over 500 games on fumbbl - and I have perhaps 5 +str rolls all in all.

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2006 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Aye, retire them both. It´s sad but they have to go.

M

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2006 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Ther is only one thing to do with nigglers: retirement.

Jazz
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2006 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I see that they have mainly gotten to where they are on the back of MVP awards...

This tells me one of two things:

1) They dont suck spp's in the games via CAS's nor do you score with BOB's and hence they are not 'that' important to your team as they are merely line of scrimmage holders (good ones granted)... this would be a case FOR firing them.

2) Because they have been lucky with MVP's that luck may run out and then they may not get to 76spp so easily.... therefore if you are prepared to risk just these 2 nigglers (and fire any future ones) then the virus issue isnt soooo great... and hence you may consider keeping them.

I think if either of those 2 statements above rings more true to you than the other, then I would follow that logic path.
f0rd

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2006 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

i would retire em, and since you got so much cash i would also retire the limping blitzer

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2006 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I would retire both of the bobs AND the ma 5 blitzer. They all just cost more in TR than they are worth now. That will bring your TR way way down - and you will avoid that all others get handicaps on your team

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2006 - 13:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Thomcat wrote:
I would retire both of the bobs AND the ma 5 blitzer. They all just cost more in TR than they are worth now. That will bring your TR way way down - and you will avoid that all others get handicaps on your team

I'm starting lean towards this now. Also, I might get rid of my ma 4 DP depending on his next skill roll (3 SPPs away). I already have a spare one in my gobbo and should be able to train the 5 SPP lino into another DP if needed.
Hallucinogenic

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2006 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

fire em bye bye
stormmaster1

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2006 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

retire 1 of them, then the other at a later stage. this will make sure you play with less bobs without block.
RandomOracle

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2006 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I decided to fire them both, although I'm keeping the blitzer for now. While he takes a lot of TR, he does have usefull skills and I'd like to keep him while my BOBs start skilling. -MA isn't all that bad after all. Thanks to everyone for the comments and votes.
FischerKing

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2006 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I would have kept one. In general I will keep one niggler if hes really good.
 Jump to: