58 coaches online • Server time: 16:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Quezacotl

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2006 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Im new with skaven.

What skill should i choose for my gutter runner? I rolled double 5 on his first skillroll?

I really dont know what to do with all those options Twisted Evil
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2006 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

VLL

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2006 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

+MA

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2006 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd recommend dauntless. Since he's strength 2 and most of the other players are at least strength 3, this allows him to block and blitz them at even strength. With his high movement, you can develop the gutter into a mobile blitzer and e.g. harass the opponent's thrower. Later skills for him would be block, strip ball and tackle, horns on another double.

One other option is just taking the movement and developing him into a one-turn scorer by giving him sprint and later sure feet. Just be careful not to let him hog all the SPPs or your team will be very unbalanced.

Edit:

You can of course just take +MA and use him normally like any other gutter runner, only with even more mobility.

Last edited by RandomOracle on %b %31, %2006 - %21:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Tommi

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2006 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

+MA, when you get next doubles youll take long legs and you have a MV 11 player... he can one turn with 2 go for its.
maxlongstreet

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2006 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Piling on.
Quezacotl

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2006 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Why should i choose +MA over VLL or vice versa guys, plz help me with some tactic knowledge??
JRHartley

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2006 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

dauntless. definitely.
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2006 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want an MA11 gutter runner (the much hated and despised one-turner) you can better opt to pick the +MA because odds are better that you roll a double for the VLL.

I'd pick dauntless any day though. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2006 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

MA or dauntless, not VLL. VLL is easier to get than MA and you can only get VLL once, MA twice. The only thing better with VLL is the +1 to intercept.

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2006 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

get a one-turner, and i'll do everything in my power to kill it...

the lesson?....don't make one-turners...they cripple teams, because you rely on them for everything, they're spp whores, and the next thing you know you're at TR 200 with a 100spp player, and everyone else has like 10....and your team gets broken....

skaven are weak, armor-wise....don't cripple them even more by overbalancing them with a stupid one-turner....

having a MA10 player is cool, simply for being able to have such sick mobility....but MA11, or 10+sprint is just begging to ruin your team

--j

ImageImage
RandomOracle

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2006 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Quezacotl wrote:
Why should i choose +MA over VLL or vice versa guys, plz help me with some tactic knowledge??

I'd say +MA over VLL because you can then add either another movement increase or very long legs to that. You can't choose very long legs twice, so if you roll another pair doubles (not 5+5), you can't increase your movement with that.

Then again, VLL also gives you +1 to interceptions so if you think that's important for this player you could consider it. Besides, MA 10 is enough to score in one turn with sprint already.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2006 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

RandomOracle wrote:
You can't choose very long legs twice, so if you roll another pair doubles (not 5+5), you can't increase your movement with that.

Um...*cough*

you do realize that VLL isn't the only mutation, or skill chosen on a double right? Razz

--j

ImageImage
Loki_on_NAF

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2006 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Purely on the VLL vs +MV, VLL adds +1 to MA and +1 to interception attempts but can only be taken on a double. If you are going to take +MA you might as well take VLL.

The only draw back on VLL vs +MA would be if the GR were to take shadowing at some point. (I think)

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2006 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

The key to one turners is to use them in the first turn, then hide them in the reserve box until the field is clearer, and bring them out only if you need to score quickly again.