13 coaches online • Server time: 06:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Exempt teams
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2006 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

meh...another problem with ot'ers...they have such a high longevity because coaches are too scared to use them for anything other than the obligatory "oh i need 1 TD to win, in turn 16!" score....

but then again, with rats having a low armor, it's easier to clear the pitch, and force the ot'er onto the field to kill it....

and as for vll/+MA....vll > +MA....the only reason why i'd go +MA over VLL is simply for statistics....+MA is harder to get than VLL

--j

ImageImage
macike

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2006 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not so hard to score OTT with MA9 player if you need such a TD.
I'd go for Dauntless as it gives more tactical options. Such a GR would be nice to strike from behind of enemy lines.

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2006 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

It is easier to get VVL over +1 Move that is why movement is perferable now. One is more likely to roll doubles then +1 MA
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2006 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Moxy wrote:
It is easier to get VVL over +1 Move that is why movement is perferable now. One is more likely to roll doubles then +1 MA

meh...i like the added functionality of VLL over +MA...but then again +MA on a gutter runner really insinuates you're building an ot'er, and i refuse to have one again

--j

ImageImage
Panda_

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2006 - 12:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Dauntless

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2006 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

One Turners are lame. And if u are in need of one u can do so with pushes(has style at least). Dauntless is the best choice on a double no doubt
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2006 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

take the MA and dont play Shadow Very Happy
venuskukko

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2006 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Definitely dauntless, one turners are boring for both sides.
Markusen

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2006 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

A Gutter IS already a potential one-turner when he is born (just needs a little chain push). MA is great on a gutter, not only for one-turners, but also in the game itself. MA 10, Blodge, Side Step, Shadowing - nightmare for each elf thrower.
But in the rarely case of a double 5, it'd give him Dauntless. Hope for another double and give him Horns - the ultimate blitzer.
Tallmaris

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2006 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

You have 4 gutters, you have to develop them with different ideas in mind... Despite what they say you need a oneturner, but be careful and don't let him score every TD: first of all they eat all your SPP that are better given to linerats, second they can age and it's not that good.

After the oneturner you may need defenders... so VLL+pass block (+foul appearance?), or shadowing+tackle, or dauntless+horns+stripball (+leap?)... lots of nice combos (only the second requiring no doubles). So look at your team, what you got and decide what you need out of this double... Guard can be nice too, he could bring assist almost anywhere on the pitch...

Math and alcohol don't mix well... please don't drink and derive
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2006 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

leap is not a bad idea imo if had some great plays with leaping gutter runners allso a leap/Bighand at one time not bad at all
JRHartley

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2006 - 12:55 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah but this is all still academic. a double should be used on a Runner to increase punch. youve got a potential of 4 of em and least one of them needs to turn into a blitzer so dauntless then if you get another horns. then strip ball, block etc
Mezir

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2006 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Being a big fan of Dauntless Gutter Runners (well, only if they're on my team) I suggest you go with Dauntless. MA 9 AG 4 Blitzer, very effective.

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2006 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

As many others here I'd advice against getting aplayer specialized for OTT.
You'll want +ma once a gutter has blodge, sidestep + doubles and VVL if they have +ag/passblock.

There really is no limit to how many nice skills you can get on a double.
Dauntless, horns, bighand, jumpup and claw are just a few....
assuming that your team is pretty young I'd recommend dauntless followed by block.

Edit: how ironic... he picks +ma only to roll doubles on his next skill picking dauntless =P

Mezir

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2006 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

And that would have been Dauntless + Horns Smile

A wasted opportunity!