43 coaches online • Server time: 00:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What skill choice ?
+MA
40%
 40%  [ 48 ]
Block
32%
 32%  [ 39 ]
Dodge
6%
 6%  [ 8 ]
Jump Up
9%
 9%  [ 11 ]
Something else (comment in post)
11%
 11%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 120

kjartan

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2006 - 02:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd take the ma, if for no other reason, then for the utter coolness of it
Zed

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2006 - 02:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Block if you want to keep him alive before i'm coming -)
tza

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2006 - 03:03 Reply with quote Back to top

stat increases are *always* cool and its what really make stars stand out from the crowd (as well as make them prime foul targets) as well as doubles..

He will have time to gain block/dodge later on np, so spend your time figuring out what role he should play on your team and select from your doubles/stat increases accordingly Smile
phulepen

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2006 - 03:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd hope that you wouldn't give him guard. I mean at this point you want to avoid taking block with him. I think you should give him NoS. He'd be able to catch just about anything and with that 6 agility he's prime to intercept as well.
Flynn

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2006 - 03:34 Reply with quote Back to top

ag 6 players need nos, passblock, catch, and leap
as a rule
because they shut off half of the field with their intercepting on a 3+ w/rr
if you dont like that idea, forgoe leap for block, it will keep him alive longer though limit his intercepting ability
but passblock ag 6 nos is 3+ int while putting a tz on the thrower or catcher
i had one such lino on an old de team and the only thing my opponents could do successfully is run, or have safe throw which most people dont take until later on throwers, and even then, many dont take it at all

Goodbye Cusi
Gumbo

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2006 - 03:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Dump off would be superb. On defense, he retrieves the ball. All he has t do is stand there. IF he gets blocked he still passes on a 2+ if he's standing in 2 tz's. yummy

P.S. Block if he cant take DO.

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2006 - 07:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd probably give him dodge. I tend to dodge a lot with high ag (5/6) players as they are the best ones to pick up a loose ball. The +MA is nice, but i don't think that your team can really afford to support him through to 126SPPs yet (which he needs in order to get both of them if you take the +ma) - FF13, and 12 players (including 2 new linos and a thrower) means it will take him quite some time to earn that many SPPs (assuming you skill up the new guys to 16 first), and with the kind of TR you'll end up with you'll want at least 20 or so FF to make sure that you still get *some* income from your matches.

If youre team already had several 50+ SPP players, and a bit more FF, i'd be more inclined to go for the +ma.

Colin

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2006 - 11:45 Reply with quote Back to top

You've already got a number of other excellent players on that team, so I think you can afford to take the +Ma in this case. Once he does get Block, the extra movement will give him superb range.

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2006 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

From his stats, you look like you're using him as a combination QB/RB, and with good reason.

From this, take DumpOff. If people can get a block on him, you can dump off, grab the extra SPP, and waste their blitz. If you want to go for a normal skill, definately dodge - AG6 ,eans he is still a primary ball retriever, meaning you're going to be dodgin in and out (A Lot).

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2006 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Flynn wrote:
ag 6 players need nos, passblock, catch, and leap
as a rule
because they shut off half of the field with their intercepting on a 3+ w/rr
if you dont like that idea, forgoe leap for block, it will keep him alive longer though limit his intercepting ability
but passblock ag 6 nos is 3+ int while putting a tz on the thrower or catcher
i had one such lino on an old de team and the only thing my opponents could do successfully is run, or have safe throw which most people dont take until later on throwers, and even then, many dont take it at all

Heheh, this is madness. Most teams have safe throw. Its a single passing skill that counters all those +ag +ag passblock nos leap catch skills.

Take guard. ST 4 makes him harder to block, and ag6 means he can get anywher even without the leap skills (which is also a waste).

The LAST skills to take are mb, nos, etc. They generate spp and further the next aging roll.
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2006 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't take Dump Off - in my oppinion that's one of the worst skills you can take. If not for any other reason than the fact that you're lulling yourself into the feeling that "It's OK to get my ball carrier blocked and risk losing the ball" and even more "It's OK to let my Ag6 Str 4 player get hit over and over and over..." Do not do this - he's an incredible all-rounder and dump off would also limit his potential as an asset for the team.

Other than that I'd be torn as well but please don't take dump off Razz
def909

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2006 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

spinball wrote:
In order

MB, NOS (you can throw it to him anywhere anytime, esp with a thrower with Safe Throw), Block,dodge,

I disagree that NoS will be useful for him. He already has ag6 which means that he´ll catch the ball on a 2+ even if he´s in 2 tacklezones. If he is in even more tacklezones then there must be a hole in the defense somewhere. I´d give him the +ma or block. Dodge is tempting but chances are that there will be tacklers who´ll negate it.
Markusen

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2006 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd give him Guard.
1. he reaches nearly every square to be needed in his range
2. you lack of Guard since you retire the double niggled guard (hopefully you will retire him!)
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2006 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

+MA and if he does not age at 76 spp when he finally gets block.

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2006 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Strip ball to be really irritating. If not that then MA+ or block. I agree that any of the passing and intercepting options are pointless.