83 coaches online • Server time: 22:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What to do...what to do...
Retire the blitzer
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Retire the lino
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
Retire them both
76%
 76%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 30

ex-convict

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2006 - 01:40 Reply with quote Back to top

well my darkies are in a very dire situation...we lose games, we get almost no winnings, and we have low ff...all the while losing players to nigs, deaths, ageing, and the like...

team:
http://fumbbl.com/teams/Nuffle%27s+Nightmares.html

After getting my ass kicked by the weapon masters (almost impossible but i took 5 cas from the most beat up team I've ever seen, just look at their past player list), I've finaly decided that rebuilding time is probably apon them: should i drop the nigged blitzer since when/if I can get money for another one, he already has block? or should I drop the lino since I can replace him more quickly? or should i just drop both in an effort to lower TR to a point where I won't get my arse kicked and have a chance at money? or should i just pray really, really hard to nuffle? Retiring the team would be my last resort, I just like this team too much.

Don't drop the soap.
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2006 - 01:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Dropping the lino will save 17 TR, taking you to the next lower income bracket and leaving you 10 players for next match, more than enough for darkies normally. Save to replace the lino, then retire the blitzer and repeat the process for him. Just don't score with the blitzer anymore unless the game is on the line, and only he can do it.

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2006 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep both of them and don't play with the team until LRB5 becomes implemented.

ex-convict

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2006 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

vanGorn: interesting thought...please explain since I've only heard parts of LRB5 and not the entire thing; i've heard about adding the 'assassin' and DE runner (i'm against both aside from the fact that the assassin is 'fluffly', but with the stab skill it doesnt get spp and seems more like a star player w/ chainsaw than an actual position.) I've also heard about no ageing (that's what happened to blitzer: scored on final turn to get 33 spp and was rewarded with a niggle for his efforts...)

Does anyone have any idea when LRB5 be implemented, or at least around what time?

Don't drop the soap.
Adar

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2006 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

ex-convict wrote:

Does anyone have any idea when LRB5 be implemented, or at least around what time?

Probably when Sweden has disassmbled it's last nuclear reactor...

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2006 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Taffsadar wrote:
ex-convict wrote:

Probably when Sweden has disassmbled it's last nuclear reactor...

It's going to take quite a while anyhow Smile

Waiting would be a horrible idea if you actually like playing with them so I'd say fire the nigglers and move - the more valuable a niggler is to your team the better the reason to fire him.
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2006 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

The reason he made mention of LRB5 was b/c in that LRB, having a niggle doesn't stop you from playing, just makes you more likely to get injured when hit again. But you can have 5 niggles on every player, and everybody will show up for every match. Hence, him saying not to fire the two nigglers, but wait until they're guaranteed to show...

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2006 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

ah yeah, forgot about that...too bad I'll have to wait until hell freezes over until I can play with my favorite ranked team if I did that Sad

Don't drop the soap.
ploplo25

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2006 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep them both

Put them on the LoS (with side step its top) until they die or retire them when you have the money for replacement (beginning with the lino)

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2006 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

believe me, i tried that with the 51 spp lino for so many matches...he just kept getting the VP or was just in the right place at the right time on offense: thats how he got to 51 spp, he was the only person in scoring range, so i tossed it to him

it'd be hard to let him go b/c he's walking team history (though with a niggle): he was the 1st to get a 3rd and 4th skill
o well, might have to to save the team

Don't drop the soap.
PandaPower

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2006 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

about these changes, wouldnt that just count as a -av injury?
Sinner

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2006 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I would ditch both nigglers. With 9 players next game at a rating of 165 (around) you should have no problems getting games and winning them, thus improving your FF Smile

Believe me... it is a long and rocky path to finish recovering with many setbacks, but if you are dedicated you will make it.

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2006 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

AFK_Eagle wrote:
The reason he made mention of LRB5 was b/c in that LRB, having a niggle doesn't stop you from playing, just makes you more likely to get injured when hit again. But you can have 5 niggles on every player, and everybody will show up for every match. Hence, him saying not to fire the two nigglers, but wait until they're guaranteed to show...

Interesting, but not an option imho, here we don't know if the client is going to be updated, how long it's going to take and what's that going to mean here... May be new teams and a new division, just changes to ranked or even nothing.

...and being defeated by the Weapon Masters seems quite standard, not a sing of alarm, they are a legend! Smile
Shinan

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2006 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

PandaPower wrote:

Nah, it gives +1 on the injury roll so it's like giving them Stunty without the benefits.

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2006 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

PandaPower wrote:

Nah - it's a +1 to INJURY roll not the ARMOUR roll.
 Jump to: