67 coaches online • Server time: 23:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Morgy

Post 9 Posted: Apr 03, 2006 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Having jinxed myself by posting about how much I enjoyed my first two games with these guys they have now been pummelled good in the subsequent 2 games(2 RIPs and 2 Niggles as well as -ag's) Embarassed .....should I retire them and start all over? Confused

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&team_id=247380

Morgy
moxjet

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2006 - 01:06 Reply with quote Back to top

they are not wood elf anymore ....
so either you retire them or fire all the injuried players and try to reconstruct them

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2006 - 01:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't be retiring any team that had a ST4 Wardancer.

Put your niggles / -AVs on the LoS, dont give them any Apothecary uses (unless its turn 15/16), and try to get yourself back up to 11 healthy linemen / Throwers before replacing any more Positionals. Having lots of linemen and not many positionals is a good way to spread your SPPs around and help build a more resilient team.

Welcome to the world of Welf Coaching Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2006 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

10 elfs and a str 4 wardancer ^^
go on with them
Longshanks

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2006 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I second (third?) that. They're still recoverable and a ST4 WD isn't something you want to waste. Just choose your next couple of matches carefully. At your TR you can often find other teams similarly low on numbers who've had a poor start.

Good Luck!
celas

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2006 - 01:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep them, they can beat most starting teams with 9-10 of those players.

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2006 - 01:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Hail mary pass for ur lino... When u roll a ddoouubbllee with an elf lino, always take guard, or if injured, leader. Keep the team, WD ST4 ARE ABUSIVE. Buy lino, try to spread ur ssp and play other elven teams for a while, even try to play high FF in order to get more cash. The rest will follow...
Nature_Warden

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2006 - 03:17 Reply with quote Back to top

...it goes without saying, St 4 Wardancer? Goodness gracious he's all you really need to win! Give him side step or Jump Up and he'll be an unstoppable force of decimation and scoring, no need to consider retiring the team! ...just think if he gets another +1 St or lo the dreaded 5 Ag Leaper... golden, keep them... ...drop the niggler and -ag to the front, your passer can be replaced when you've had like 10 good games if he doesn't die before then, if you're doing well your passer won't get hit anyway and with that speed noone can catch him! They'll have to try for a screen! Great team so far... to stick with Woodies you must learn to take the hits take it from my friend who went into a game with 7 Welves and left the pitch with 3 after stomping the guy 4-1! ...wood elves don't need linemen, they just make it easier!!
skummy

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2006 - 03:29 Reply with quote Back to top

ST 4 Wardancer alone is worth keeping on. The only problem is going to be getting more skills on the ancillary lineman.
Laviak

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2006 - 03:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Have a look at the match I linked in the other thread - if that wasn't enough to retire a team, then a couple of deaths and a couple of injuries hardly counts Very Happy

poodle-man

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2006 - 04:27 Reply with quote Back to top

yea, keep em. A couple of recovery games and you will be fine. Besides, if you stick with woodies you will have to get used to playing a few men short and this will be great practice. Just pick your next few matches carefully and get the coin for a few more lin elves and you will be sweet.

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2006 - 04:48 Reply with quote Back to top

OK i shall go one and see how it goes....i still love the team....just need to nurse it i guess.....

Morgy
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2006 - 07:18 Reply with quote Back to top

And I hope for your sake you haven't played any games since getting that lino so you can still file a support ticket to get it changed from Hail Mary to... well anything Wink (even if guard would be a great choice)
Wadehek

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2006 - 07:40 Reply with quote Back to top

It has been said already. But here it comes again: Retire a wood elf team with a ST4 Wardancer? Are you a chicken? I play wood elves with only 5 players and a ST4 WD and belief me; I win with them.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=1017392

Ok, maybe the opponent was not playing that great, But the team is still not retired.
And has been up to 12 players again and is now at 9, but I would not retire a wood elf team with less then 11 players and a FF of 6 or higher too fast.
Tommi

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2006 - 08:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep the team and when you play, keep your injured players on the line of scrimmage, -ag, n, or -av, all the same, use them as cannon fodder. You should have no trouble scoring, might be good idea to try to spread the SPP than to hoard everything for that wardancer. Avoid teams with 4 or more block or st4 players, as teams like that can simply walk their players next to yours and force you to dodge or into unfavorable blocks.

Example bad matches:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=1149266
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=1150386

This last one was a bad setup too:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=1150634

but cause the coach was a noob like you, you could win. Always check the opponent CR, and avoid coaches with CR 160+, they can waste your team even with halflings, if they feel like it. And do replay WE matches played by good coaches to learn some tricks.
 Jump to: