39 coaches online • Server time: 10:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
poodle-man

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2006 - 05:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I have some questions about my woody team. here they are http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=249638
They hit like khemri, unfortunatley they pass like Khemri too. No big deal i dont have much trouble scoring with ag 4 across the board. But I am at a complete loss as to what to do with them. I have spare cash and spare players, both unusual for woodies, but i dont want to spend it without getting some more defensive skills like tackle, strip ball and side step/shadowing. Suggestions folks?

And while I have you here, what happens after my tree gets all the available skills? there is only 2 left if he rolls no doubles...

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2006 - 05:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd Spend that on a Catcher, develop her into a Defensive Safety (Block, Tackle, SideStep, (Dauntless ASAP on first Doubles))

With WoodElves, you can too easily be giving away handicaps, let alone sitting on $100k. I'd recommend fill up your positional slots, throwers LAST so you can keep spreading out your SPPs, and just wait for your lineElves/WD to skill up. 1 WD can take Tackle/StripBall (MB on Double), and the other SideStep + guard on Double.

Gratz on the good record so far.

Dont worry about the Tree running out of skills - He gets free choice of any skill (as if he had rolled a double) once he runs out.

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2006 - 06:03 Reply with quote Back to top

More players certainly don't hurt. With AV7, you can never really have too many players, even if you can score often and reset the pitch like WEs often can.

I know three TRRs are probably enough for any elf team, but you could certainly consider buying a 4th TRR, which will reduce your TR some as well as giving probably more than enough RRs in any given half of play.

For defensive skills, as mentioned above, at least one WD should have Strip Ball and Tackle, and the other Sidestep. Get a lineman with Kick. Sure, you're mobile enough that you don't really NEED it, but it still makes defense easier, especially against slow teams. Sidestep on your Guards makes them extremely annoying, though to be honest I'm not sure when that should come in, Block and Dodge are pretty important for them as well.

If the Tree rolls a double, seriously consider Pro! It helps with stand up rolls, Take Root, blocking...if any Big Guy benefits from Pro, it's trees. With Multiblock already on your tree, Block might be more prudent. Still, with the tree able to get 3db with only a single assist against the great majority of opposing players, you shouldn't suffer too much without it. Needless to say, take any +MA upgrades, at least one, because then you don't have to roll to stand anymore.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2006 - 06:42 Reply with quote Back to top

buy a 4th Reroll....those things never age, niggle, or die and can be used on every game thereafter.

buy a fifth one when possible, (but if you have 90k then buy a catcher or thrower)...then stop and spend on players

give someone surehands...wasting a rr on that really sux

I think you have enough guard as well...perhaps dauntless or mighty blow (with tackle) for the next two doubles.

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2006 - 08:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Buy a reroll, or a thrower.
pac

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2006 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd go for a fourth re-roll at this stage - although a Catcher would also be nice …

Also: consider getting Kick on a Lineman - combined with an aggressive defensive set-up (ie, a good few players set up just back from the LoS, ready to rush into the opposition half) it will generate a <i>lot</i> of extra TDs (and helps out in many other ways too); consider taking Dodge rather than Block as the first skill on some of your Line-elves - Tackle is quite rare at your current TR, and your opponent's Tacklers will probably be concentrating on your Wardancers, and elves with Dodge skill up faster than those with Block.

I hope your CAS luck will last … but fear it may not …

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2006 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the advice folks. I went with the reroll and decided to play a chaos team. My opponent was Ultrabad, very nice game against a nice bloke and i had a great game even though i lost by 1. Just getting no love on the block die so what can ya do? On the plus side i did manage to roll a +str on my WD which is great but i still have no tackle. Woe is me Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2006 - 12:35 Reply with quote Back to top

+st WD will be targeted until dead - take good care of him.

BFN

Paul
poodle-man

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2006 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

OK, its gotten weirder. got drunk, played badly and got a double on my +str wardancer. now wtf do i do with him? Still have no tackle, i am thinking maybe jump up or maybe MB? help me here folks, i am lost with woodies

cheers

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2006 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Mighty Blow on that WD
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2006 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Frenzy.

There is no better choice.
SergeiBautin

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2006 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

MB just "helps" him age. The perfect player gets to the point where he is useful, and then lets the others develop. My MB woodies always age prematurely. And i agree with Farin, Frenzy would be my choice too
Borgen

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2006 - 06:03 Reply with quote Back to top

a strength 4 blodge guard is nasty. especially after he starts side stepping. i think you have to go guard here

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2006 - 08:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Whilst a ST4 SStep Blodge Guardsman is nice, placing a ST4 WD anywhere where he would be hit should be avoided. No Guard!

As you're normally going to be using him as a cage breaker, getting that extra block in with Frenzy will be invaluable

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2006 - 09:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Besides, with an ST4 frenzy wardancer, your opponent would never, ever be able to choose the side lines to advance his ball carrier. With leap the wardancer could get past any but the most powerful screens. This leaves the sides open for the wood elves to lap around.
And, if executed properly, in combination with another leaper, you could start to do creative chain pushes to bust a cage right open.

So, Frenzy would be my choice too.

With side step later he would be safe from too frequent retaliation.

Regards,
Jazz
 Jump to: