44 coaches online • Server time: 17:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IV
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Can you do anything about getting Blitz!-ed?
Nope: it just means that Nuffle has decided my opponent should score
18%
 18%  [ 36 ]
There are precautions, but it hurts my preferred approach to offence too much to use them
31%
 31%  [ 62 ]
I always expect a Blitz! ... But that doesn't seem to help ...
17%
 17%  [ 34 ]
When my opponent rolls a Blitz!, it often only makes it easier for me to score!
32%
 32%  [ 64 ]
Total Votes : 196

pac

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2006 - 14:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Glimmervoid wrote:
you forgot a poll option like... i always expect a blitz and can mostly prevent the impact....
...to say it would make it easier to score for me would go a little far

Yep, I forgot many poll options, it is regrettable …

But, in the mean time, there would be no harm in you doing a little boasting! Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2006 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

(i haven't see all of replys)

If u set up your players closing every square you may not have really problems
Laviak

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2006 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

well, with fast teams, you should be able to recover fairly well from a blitz, and with slow teams, the kick will usually be deep, so if you have at least a couple of guys back, you can generally bring enough players back to look after the ball.

That said, it has a pretty big impact on the game, but no more than something like perfect defence, or pitch invasion. Something to think about ... maybe the kick-off table deliberately has more results that favour the defence in an attempt to even out the built in advantage that the receiving team normally has...

Blitz used to much tougher to deal with before it was toned down (2004 rules review i think it was?) - same goes for PI Razz

FischerKing

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2006 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it depends heavily upon what team you face. If you face my woodelves and I kick for blitz, 90 % I will sack you no matter how you setup.
Lorion

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2006 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

I think it depends heavily upon what team you face. If you face my woodelves and I kick for blitz, 90 % I will sack you no matter how you setup.

So you say, but you are the luckiest woodelf a live Very Happy.

Being blitzed by fast elves or a skaven team can useally be pretty harsh - welfs being by far the best at it (catch, AG4 and MA9). Being blitzed by dwarfs or teams just as slow more often than not opens up a hole in the defenses which may be exploited. Fast teams like elves and rats will normally also suffer less from a blitz - the welf wardancer with strip ball is often the best countermessure versus a successfull blitz.
Blitz does to some extend make up for the integrated advantage bashy teams have over AG-based teams.

To those who hate blitz I only have one thing to say - PLAY CHESS. I stopped playing chess because it lacked unpredictability and the element of luck, which is exactly what you hate about blitz.

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2006 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Blitz is overpowered

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
coffindodger

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2006 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Blitz is something to groan about when your opponent gets one and something to groan about when you get one and the ball is too far away or in 3 tackle zones. Sad

Blitz is something to rejoice over when you can cage the square the ball is falling into and put a catcher waiting under it Very Happy

BFN

Paul
Unxerxes

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2006 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Blitz really isn't that hard to cope with in my opinion. Usually it allows me to td easier as my opponent will really commit to getting the bal from me and usually he will fail as a result of my set-up and difficulty of rolls (sometimes I don't stand a chance though, ag5 dancers come to mind especiially with their leap and such. no defence is ever perfect) leaving me with a lot less players in defensive position to worry about. getting a blitz myself I usually don't even think about trying to get the bal, I just try to see which player is most needed for him to break my defense and see if I can't take him out severly distording his plans of attack. I will send one player deep just to give him something to worry about though but when defending that is what you should do most: defend. going from defense on offense too hastly will be about as smart as trying to blitz a block/clwa/rsc big guy with a snotling. just my 2 cents

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2006 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

All I can add on the subject is its not often on fumbbl, agility teams play the slower bashing teams so it isn't a problem. My orcs mysteriously never get to play skaven, woodies, elfs, etc, etc. On the odd occasion they get a game against delfs but thats it really.
PeteW

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2006 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

FischerKing wrote:

Ooooo - Look at FK!!! Your woodies have no AG+ anymore and leap isn't that good. I defy your sacking ability. Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2006 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Well i always try to set up with a mind of "what if i dont pick the ball up properly or blitz etc" , but if im down to needing a quick TD in 2 turns and the scores 1-1 ill go for the score and hope it turns out well .

Being blitzed can lead to a golden opurtunity depending on how bad the blitz goes , sometimes it can stretch a poor coach out so that an easier opening can be found , in a similiar vain that failing a pick up on turn 1 can sometimes make the next turn eaiser as the opponent risks it all for glory .

I think reallly when im setting up im worrying more about a double-skull block or 1-1 dodge failure and how these things can lead you wide open if you havent got some sort of line set up .
Usually on a non bash team il be looking at leaving a break down either flank open after the kick , and on bash you can just move everyone into postion for the ruck after the ball is under some typ of control
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2006 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Unxerxes wrote:

yay for digging up 2 month old posts, instead of creating something new for us to flame and argue into the ground...

i hate you

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

--j

ImageImage
Tophat

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2006 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

shagga wrote:
All I can add on the subject is its not often on fumbbl, agility teams play the slower bashing teams so it isn't a problem. My orcs mysteriously never get to play skaven, woodies, elfs, etc, etc. On the odd occasion they get a game against delfs but thats it really.

Well if you wil insist on standing on their heads and setting about systamitically ruining their team to a retirement so they have to start again with a tr100 team ....
tautology

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2006 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

With 11 or even 10 on the field, I always defend the blitz.

With 9 or fewer...eh.

It is very difficult to stop Woodelves or Skaven from capitalizing however.

The good news is that a failed blitz can make scoring much easier Smile
Vurner_Vinckler

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2006 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Mostly the fast and agile teams can cause problems if they got blitz, esp. th gr, we-catcher etc. But who is stupid enough not to have at least 1 e.g.tackler with his thrower to show these guys, that it was a fault to pass the los. Additionally its alsways good to have a thrower with guard, so he can be blitzed free much easier.
 Jump to: