19 coaches online • Server time: 06:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Spaceman_Spiff

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2006 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm really not sure what to do with this team. they're getting out of hand.
The lack of Block is driving me nuts, while my stupidly high TS is only forcing me to play above my TR.
my problem is I just cant stop taking stat +'s
any suggestions?
tough it out so when i get block my team will be a force to be reckoned with?
maybe drop the 2 rookie beastmen?

anywho. here's the team.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=232306
Synn

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2006 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

OMFG........ Dry Em!

__Synn
Plorg

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2006 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow.
Personally, I would have taken some Blocks instead of all the +MA.
I'd keep the team as is and continue development.

Hmm... Why did take Strangler take Leader when you already have 4 rr and can mutate?
Zingr

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2006 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Spaceman_Spiff wrote:
I'm really not sure what to do with this team. they're getting out of hand.
The lack of Block is driving me nuts, while my stupidly high TS is only forcing me to play above my TR.
my problem is I just cant stop taking stat +'s
any suggestions?

I would place some of the +MV beasts on the LOS and would limit apo privledges to the CWs and + ST beasts early in games. You don't need so many +MV on beasts and if you get 6,4 skill roll take the block or tackle skills first.

If a +MV beast dies or is permed end its career rather than apothing it or keeping it around.

Get your other 2 CWs as soon as possible by trying to get matches against high ff teams.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2006 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

kinda funny that you cry about too much stat upgrades, when stats are optional....

again...what's the problem here?...you dug your own grave, and now you complain when you can't crawl out of it?....

damn...sucks to be you Smile

--j

ps...even still...wow...nice team....Razz

ImageImage
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2006 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Though you might have gone a bit overboard with the MA here Wink I'd say you have a potentially great team in the making if you can get block on all of them and stop taking leader on doubles Razz

If you want to lower your TR I'd say fore the leader guy with block and make room for your rookies.
Spaceman_Spiff

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2006 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Plorg wrote:

Hmm... Why did take Strangler take Leader when you already have 4 rr and can mutate?

for one, as much as mutations rock, it was the second skill roll on the team (the first being an aged beastman whom was promptly dropped) and nobody had skills. as it stands most players still dont even have block. as well ag3 leaves too much to be hoped for when you are having a bad run and need some luck when you're trying to dodge/hit/blitz the ballcarrier/score on the last turn etc. as well i know my limitations as a coach, and well, i'm no pro. I need RR's to compensate my bad tactic/luck when the situations arise.

That and i'm not going to turn down a reroll that equates to about 1 TR in value.
f0rd

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2006 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

WICKED! Dont kick any players, maybe you´ll lose some games but that´ll grow into one awesome team

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2006 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="Spaceman_Spiff"]
Plorg wrote:

That and i'm not going to turn down a reroll that equates to about 1 TR in value.

Ah, yes, but the logic is flawed - as he gains more and more SPPs that Leader RR wil become more and more expensive in terms of TR - already at 16 SPPs it's now worth 2 TR; at 31 3 SPPs and so on as it takes up room for another skill.

All being said I agree with f0rd - don't fire any players Wink
maxlongstreet

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2006 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Can I buy that team off you?
Zingr

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2006 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

RedFish wrote:
Though you might have gone a bit overboard with the MA here Wink I'd say you have a potentially great team in the making if you can get block on all of them and stop taking leader on doubles Razz

If you want to lower your TR I'd say fore the leader guy with block and make room for your rookies.

I hadn't seen the "leader". I wouldn't put him on the LOS I would let it die or retire it without using apoth if permed in a game.
Spaceman_Spiff

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2006 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
kinda funny that you cry about too much stat upgrades, when stats are optional....

Kinda funny how when a coach asks for advice from other coaches, someone always feels the need to throw it in their face.

Redfish, I agree with what you're saying about leader getting more expensive in the long run, but in the long run i'll have more than 4 players with block and be able to afford to turf the leader. for now, i see him as 'added security' or something like that.

As for the 4 MA+ guys, I like MA+. It speeds up a team with no fast players, and is good in the long run, say if I get another ma+ or VLL (MV8 beasts would rock)or shadowing. And for some deranged reason in my mind i'd rather have it than ag+ (i still think it's cursed).

ps: F0rd your sig is awesome. i laughed frikkin hard
nexusvalhees

Post 8 Posted: Apr 04, 2006 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I hate you Laughing

Seriously though nice team.
Synn

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2006 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Having all that MA is going to be nice. Never let anyone here tell you that "you have too many +1MA for a chaos team". That is a load of crap.

Now imagine if one of those guys gets a tail....... and shadowing....

You will piss elves off.

__Synn
Longshanks

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2006 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

If you care more about winning, then you should probably take some of the advice above to make the team more competitive.

But if you like to develop your teams/players, then no way drop any of them! The team might suck now but it has potential to grow into something unique. I'd certainly keep it as is cause winning is secondary to me.

If you think about your own preferences (winning vs development) then the decision is easy.

Grats on all those skill rolls Smile
 Jump to: