33 coaches online • Server time: 08:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
deathgerbil

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2006 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, it might be a decent team in the future, the problem with chaos teams is they often can't afford to have that many +ma players simply because they don't have enough skills. What I mean by this is, a normal beastman becomes "decent" when he has 16 spps, enough for block/guard, block/mighty blow or tackle, and before then, its really a wasted player. ma 7's nice, but now you have a ton of people who will need 31 spp to hit that same level of being compeditive, and 51 spps (lose a lot to aging here) to become a really valuable member of the team. The beastmen are nice, but you'll need those cw's and an ogre/troll asap to help take the hits, just because av8's kinda fragile.
Nature_Warden

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2006 - 00:39 Reply with quote Back to top

So that's were all the Strength increases have gone recently!! *Shakes his fist aggressively* ...but anyway, I'd keep them all now that the movement is taken but had it been my team if some of those +Mv were 5,5s I'd prolly have taken a mutation but that's just me...
Spaceman_Spiff

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2006 - 02:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Nature_Warden, none of the MV+'s were doubles. I probably would have gone with FA or Tentacles on all 4 of them if it was doubles. maybe a big hand in there too.

Deathgerbil, You are completely correct of course and i'll have to deal with only having block as skills go for some time. But Block is the most important skill to have on a chaos team for cutting down on turnovers. Tackle, Guard, and MB however I hope to be able to deal without for the time being untill some of my normal beastmen can manage to get to 16 SPPs. I doubt it will be easy, especially considering my skills as a coach, but i hope it pays off in the end.

Synn, you seem to be one of the few who see the MA as an actual bonus to the team rather than a hinderance. And I do love to piss off elves.

Longshanks, You pretty much summed up what I was thinking. I do like to win (doesnt everyone?), but having fun and developing my teams comes first and foremost. As long as my CR doesnt drop below 140 again, and hell, even if it does, I dont care. it's a game. I have myself the makings of a 'unique' chaos team that i hope one day can turn it's losing streak around.

You guys all have good opinions and i thank your for them.
Laviak

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2006 - 03:46 Reply with quote Back to top

One thing about +ma is that it certainly doesn't scare other teams off (i've never seen anyone refuse a game against a chaos team because "you have too much +ma -- skaven perhaps, but that's a different matter Razz). It *does* help the team a fair bit, but you have to remember that instead of being quite as bashy as they would be with block on everyone, they will be faster - you really have to make use of it, which means playing a different style of game to the average chaos team. On the other hand, with 3 +STs, you can potentially get 7 ST4 players, plus a ST5 big guy ... and that will make up for the lack of guard a fair bit as you get a lot of 16 SPP players.

Talking long term ... there is a lot of potential around the TR200 mark and beyond, so if you like playing those high TR matches, keep them all - they will rock! (even if you lose a couple to aging)

PS: 7 movement is *far* better than 6 - it makes the difference between needing GFIs, and being able to stroll in for a 2-turner when you need one -- and with 4 of them, you can have a pretty mobile cage.

Spaceman_Spiff

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2006 - 03:56 Reply with quote Back to top

one of these days i really have to get a team abover 200tr.
I've never had a team over 199 (which is my current TT amazons)

ugh.. mcD's.. clouding my stomach and mind...

I had something else to say but forgot in a gluttonous fit of eating...
Tank

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2006 - 04:01 Reply with quote Back to top

That team will be scary good when they are developed.

I agree with most. Dont take any more +MA. On this particular team i'd say forget +AG aswell. You can get Big hands anyway on a doubles.
+ST is another question though, get all u can of that... Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2006 - 04:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah... as much as another st+ on my team would be nice, my TS is stupidly high as it is because of those. but still... 8 ST4 players, 4 of which can blitz at ST5... you cant tell me that wouldnt be awesome.
AG+ i never take anymore. every player i've ever had get ag+ has died, niggled or Stat-'d within 2 games. i'm talking probably 15 of them. Nuffle seems to have permanently cursed me.
but no more MA+ unless it's on a beast with ma+ already.
Britnoth

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2006 - 05:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, you take leader on your only double, turn down +AG, complain about your lack of block with 3 +ST and try to play chaos as a fast team.

I bet you get cherried alot.
Spaceman_Spiff

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2006 - 05:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Christ I hope i'm not like that guy after 1100 games.
chunky04

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2006 - 06:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Just find some people like me to play who don't really care about TS at all. The team will work perfectly fine, particularly if you go with what the stats are telling you and make a brilliant running team. I also definitely wouldn't turn down +AG - a beastman to act as a ball distributor to all those fast players is a must, and the most efficient way to do that is to get an AG4 player.

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2006 - 06:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Spaceman_Spiff wrote:
Christ I hope i'm not like that guy after 1100 games.

Mature enough to not make pointless forum posts pretending to ask for advice when you really want to show off your freaky skill rolls you've had?

We can only hope. Razz

PS. Considering the awful skill choice(s) and your claim to turn down +AG on beatsmen, I think the comments here have been pretty light.
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2006 - 08:06 Reply with quote Back to top

The notion that lots of +ma will make a chaos game good later in it's development is weird. The fact it will never be worth it. You can take one or two for fun but beastmen tend to die young and if you plan ahead to when your beastmen will all have 51 spp you'll be sorry cause that will never happen unless you play haflings and wood elves exclusively.

As a fun alternate way of playing your chaos team I say: go ahead and pick pass block and shadowing on them all. Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2006 - 09:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Rolling a lot of Stat increases in the best thing that can happen to a team in the long run, but does indeed pose a lot of problems when you get a lot of them at lowish TR.

Most points made above are pretty valid, so I only want to add 1 thing. Passing up AG increases is IMO generally a BAD idea, but it is even more so on this team. 1 Ag4 4 player in a team with this many players who can score in 2 turns when needed will make these guys a nightmare to defend against. I'd pray for it instead of shunning it.

Good luck building the team, and I bet that 10 games from now you will not regret a single skill choice. (besides the leader that is Wink )

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2006 - 10:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Britnoth wrote:

PS. Considering the awful skill choice(s) and your claim to turn down +AG on beatsmen, I think the comments here have been pretty light.

FYI I never said i turned down an AG+ roll with a beastman. in fact my teams bio states what kind of diceroll i've have rolled. As for not taking ag+ that was not meant to be serious but i failed to get my point across. The last two Ag+ rolls i got I ignored because they were on a Troll and a BOB's first skill (have to take block). Every other one was given out to players who almost all ended up like this poor fella:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&op=view&player_id=2220383

Britnoth wrote:

Mature enough to not make pointless forum posts pretending to ask for advice when you really want to show off your freaky skill rolls you've had?

So basically what you're saying is you dont like my way of bragging and getting helpful information at the same time, and you felt the need to put in your two cents at my expence. Have fun with that buddy. Hope it brings you lots of joy and happiness.
Mithrilpoint

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2006 - 10:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh....lets not forget that Britnoths indian name was "Talks-Through-Ass" as per Bunnypunchers weblog Very Happy...once again proven here.

I would probably have passed on leader as well and gotten claw/big hand/stand firm/etc. - the "normal" doublechoices on a bashy team. But damn...fast players...strong players...throw in a little ballhandling skills (pass/accurate on a Sure hands goat?) and you got a very nice team..but Block...ooooh Block you need that bad. Smile

I´d agree on not taking any more +ma and getting block instead. That should be your priority, try to keep your TR down untill you have 3-5 more with block as you will get puniched at higher tr without it.

Good luck - looks like a good team in the making.

M