24 coaches online • Server time: 01:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
girbaudattire24

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2006 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew if FUMBBL is compatible with my computer.... the computer I believe is a Samtron 55V, I have a Compaq Presario modem/tower what ever it's called, and I have Windows XP Home edition.... Hopefully I have the right forum for this issue, and hopefully this information is helpful for any answers....thank you
Macavity

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2006 - 22:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup, you are fine with Windows XP, just download the CORRECT version of Java, and the client (all beautifully layed out in the user guide). See you on the pitch!

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2006 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Well. Did you try and run into any problems? Easiest way to do so. There should be no problem by the specs - just follow the install guide in the help/FAQ section.

-Mnemon
girbaudattire24

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2006 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

ok i'll give it a try right now. I'll just refer back here if anything goes wrong. thanks alot
girbaudattire24

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2006 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I was going into a game and it kicked me right off after it says all that mumbo jumbo with hypnotic gaze after i clicked "ok". The person i was supposed to be playing against told me I downloaded the wrong version(8.3 full download) so I downloaded the patch, and tried to get in the game again... but it did the same thing... am I supposed to send the 8.3 full download into the trash and just keep the "8.5 patch"? or do I take the files from 8.3 and send them into the 8.5 folder? what do i do?
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2006 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

no.

You put the files from the 8.5 patch over the ones in the 8.3 full download (overwriting existing files). Also make sure that you have activated fumbbl login in the options before you start the game. To do so open JBB, change the option, then start a standalone game (load some random teams via the load team buttons) and close the client after you started the standalone (only once you close the client the changed options will be saved). Then play as usual.

-Mnemon
girbaudattire24

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2006 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

so in other words.... basically i download both programs, open the folders after they are extracted, click on each item in the 8.5 patch folder individually, and slide them to the 8.3 folder screen, then release the item in the 8.3 screen?
Angie

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2006 - 01:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes,

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2006 - 02:01 Reply with quote Back to top

ok.... now i'm in the game... my opponent doesnt know this yet... but, i cant see my end zone.... so i cant score.... i also cant see the area where i can write my opponent... and the icon for "go for it isnt there either.... i tried maximizing the screen but the option to maximize isnt there.... the screen looks compressed sort of... i can do the majority of the actions.... any help here? or am i pretty much screwed from scoring?
Sleep

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2006 - 02:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I just installed fumbbl and java on my laptop after a long time. I had bad problems with Java but I updated my video card drivers and everything works fine now! I suggest you check for all new updates.

With skill and luck you get snake eyes!
girbaudattire24

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2006 - 02:26 Reply with quote Back to top

how do you check for updates? (i'm not that good with computers) I dont have a laptop this is a regular computer... do you know what i should do?
Laviak

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2006 - 02:33 Reply with quote Back to top

A couple of things that are important:
- what screen resolution are you using -- the standard interface needs at least 1024x768 (even then there is a little bit cut off at the top or bottom (the title bar at the top is les important, so most people move the window up as high as possible)
- Have you tried running the client in "stand-alone" mode? It's well worth making sure that it works properly there first (if you haven't already)

After that, it comes down to things like making sure that you have the same options set (the ones that affect the game that is), and either both have the fumbbl login turned on or both have it turned off - If it's turned on, make sure that the team names you are using are something like http://fumbbl.com/teams/My+Team.html.

Those are all the basic things that I can think of -- see whether that is enough to get you started. Otherwise, the forum may be a good place to look - chances are someone has had a similar (or even the same) problem before Wink

girbaudattire24

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2006 - 02:48 Reply with quote Back to top

how do i find out what screen resolution i am using? and can i change it?
Spaceman_Spiff

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2006 - 02:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Right click on your desktop, go to Properties, and click on the header Settings.
you should see see a slider bar for screen resolution. I find 1152x864 more than good enough to see everything.
Sleep

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2006 - 06:27 Reply with quote Back to top

To update your drivers, go to the homepage of the laptop producer(so you go to Samson homepage), then you find support, drivers, and find driver for your laptop type. Download them and install.

With skill and luck you get snake eyes!
 Jump to: