21 coaches online • Server time: 09:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2006 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Webbe wrote:
JanMattys wrote:
LoS players are supposed to be hit. They are there just to waste valuable opponent players and limitate their moves toward your end zone. So I don't care much if my three linos are hit and proned (or worse) on LoS. Every round they live there is a valuable one.
Imho the more opponent players they tie up, the better. This is why I definitely like setup number three on defence. The rest of my team is lying far deeper in my backfield, so no worries about opening a hole in my LoS... that's supposed to happen anyway, sooner or later.

This is newbie thinking in my book, they doesn't tie up anyone. Players that assist doesn't use their action for that. Rolling Eyes

I coach humans. Humans linos are VERY expendable in my book. And your thinking is the noobish one, if you count "2d block = player prone". It doesn't go like that. You rarely prone three players with three 2d blocks on LoS.

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2006 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

yep, and last game i made 36 blocks vs a fling team and got no cas! or pows for that matter! Laughing
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2006 - 09:41 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
Webbe wrote:
JanMattys wrote:
LoS players are supposed to be hit. They are there just to waste valuable opponent players and limitate their moves toward your end zone. So I don't care much if my three linos are hit and proned (or worse) on LoS. Every round they live there is a valuable one.
Imho the more opponent players they tie up, the better. This is why I definitely like setup number three on defence. The rest of my team is lying far deeper in my backfield, so no worries about opening a hole in my LoS... that's supposed to happen anyway, sooner or later.

This is newbie thinking in my book, they doesn't tie up anyone. Players that assist doesn't use their action for that. Rolling Eyes

I coach humans. Humans linos are VERY expendable in my book. And your thinking is the noobish one, if you count "2d block = player prone". It doesn't go like that. You rarely prone three players with three 2d blocks on LoS.

Jan - that's not what he said Smile In YOUR spread out defence the offence will be able to knock down the 3 LoS players more easily - this is a HUGE advantage all throughout the drive. I'm with the 3 center guys-defence crowd Smile
Plorg

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2006 - 10:04 Reply with quote Back to top

My LoS (centered vs wide) depends partly on how much Guard the other team has.
If they have at least two Guard, spreading the LoS out wide wastes their Guard skills for a turn.
Laviak

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2006 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

they both work fine i reckon. Depends on the teams a fair bit, but more than that, it depends on your opponent's style of play - are they aiming for a 2-turner? lots of cas and an eventual 8th turn TD? or maybe something in between...

Webbe

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2006 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
Webbe wrote:
JanMattys wrote:

No player is expendable in the beginning of a drive, no matter his player value. Also I assume your human linos have block too, else they will go down even easier, and as linos ain't that easy to skill up against good opponents skilled ones may still be expendable to some point (ie. you prefer them to die instead of the blitzers) but not "VERY expendable".

If I'm playing the bashier race vs your humans it's gonna be a 3rd block too btw on those line players that refuse to go down.
I think having a defense like that with humans vs bashers is catastrophic.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2006 - 11:24 Reply with quote Back to top

/Me thinks Webbe is right.

Well vs the spreading defense I have the choice: more blocks or not.

Vs compact one, it's a different matter.