30 coaches online • Server time: 03:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2006 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

guard...you need more. next skill = shadowing

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2006 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

break tackle...definitely break tackle

--j

ImageImage
Brad

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2006 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Gueulemer wrote:
If you had more guards in your team, I would have suggested Multi block... Just imagine all the fun.

I still dont think MultiB is a bad suggestion. With MV7, getting assists in there isn't too much of a problem, especiallys since this guy if not going after the ball will be striking on the fringes.

Skaven Defence is all about unpredictability, and the fast strike. MultiB gives you that one more option your opponent has to guard against. (That and they may have in their mind the entire game something like "What The...? - Where did the ball carrier AND his guard go - I know I put them around here somewhere".

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2006 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro
Pirrekurr

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2006 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Not that I really add anything to this discussion, but guard or Pro. I would probably choose guard, but I am a guard fetisch...

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2006 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Give him multiblock and hope for a double next time.
Sysiphos

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2006 - 08:33 Reply with quote Back to top

What about Mighty Blow? Doesn´t this help to crack up av8 and av9? Additional: in which order does the client handle the skills claw, mighty blow and fangs?

If not MB my choice would be PRO. Helps a lot. Next double would be +AV (Spikes).
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2006 - 11:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Sysiphos wrote:
What about Mighty Blow? Doesn´t this help to crack up av8 and av9? Additional: in which order does the client handle the skills claw, mighty blow and fangs?

If not MB my choice would be PRO. Helps a lot. Next double would be +AV (Spikes).

MB doesn't stack with Claw & RSC - not in the LRB nor in the client.
Webbe

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2006 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

guard
Laviak

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2006 - 12:19 Reply with quote Back to top

i reckon all the good ones are out there
- pro - useful all round skill, saves RRs for other more important rolls (GFIs, dodges etc.)
- guard - always a useful skill, though with a guy like that, you want to be pretty careful about positioning. I suspect that most people would live to get a chance to foul the mutated freak.
- multiblock - a much less obvious choice, but it will force your opponent to be a little more careful, or risk 2 players getting hit with claw/rsc at the same time - won't be much use against the real strong teams, but will probably come in handy against other low-strength teams. it would be more useful if the team had a fair bit of guard...
- piling on - well, he'll be able to do that extra bit of damage ... but I don't know if it's worth the risk ... got foul-bait?

guard and pro are the obvious choices - they'll get used a lot.
multiblock and piling on add some interesting flavour to the team, and may not get used quite as much, but will force your opponent to consider him more carefully in their game plan.

Adar

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2006 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

The vote is 7-5 in favour of guard so I'll take guard. Thanks for the help everyone.

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2006 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Piling On

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
Macavity

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2006 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm glad you took Guard, but want to follow Arktoris in suggesting Shadowing next. Every coach who keeps one thrower back will wet his pants when that guy parks next to him.