22 coaches online • Server time: 06:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Talons

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2006 - 04:01 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
Dominik wrote:
T16 foul? Neutral

it's a tourney.....it happens...and it's perfectly accepted and to be expected in an official tourney....get over it Wink

--j

Okay guys.....just a little statement here about the turn 16 foul. I don't understand why everyone gets their britches in knots when a player commits a foul during gameplay. Especially on turn 16. I do believe that fouling is a part of the game. It doesn't matter if it is turn 1 or turn 16, it is an act that is allowed in the rules. I congratulate Jode for his actions.

Just a quick question......Are you telling me that we shouldn't allow anyone to score on turn 16 then???? Or how about picking up the ball??? Fouling is a part of the game. GET OVER IT!!!!!!
Borgen

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2006 - 04:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Nothing gets everyone riled up quite like fouling does it? Oventa, please use your skill to get a DP Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2006 - 04:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I'm sure the player must have been in the way and he needed to get him off the pitch to score... or maybe he just wanted that second casualty to get his fan-factor up... or possibly he had a grudge against that particular player... or maybe he just finds it offensive not to kick elves lying on the floor... or it could simply be that he's dirty, cheating, fouling scum!!! REEFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2006 - 11:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Nothing bitter about that T16 foul, would've done it in almost any case. Had such a hard time getting any good fouls during the match so I had to compensate it a bit... and anyways, I love the ranting a T16-foul causes. <3
Qaz

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2006 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

BOOO! only Elfs left in UI Crying or Very sad

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
PeteW

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2006 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

/me slips j0de that fiver for getting another blodger out the way...

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2006 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Talons
Unlike scoring, a turn 16 foul has no purpose other than to hurt the other guys team, and make hes next game harder. It doesnt count for ff, it doesnt give you spp's and it whont change anything in the score of the game. Its just plain bitterness or vindictive feelings or whatever. If the other team played very dirty during the game, and theres a foulwar going on or whatever, its more undestandable, but that wasnt the case here.

Its allowed in the game and I hope it made j0de feel better, then it had some purpose at least. That player could have made the semi more eaven, and I hope it will be a good game anyway. Tirred of specking UI games thats over after the first half.
PeteW

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2006 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh - lot's hope yours isn't over after one half too FK Wink

Looking forward to watching you give OD a run for his money. Personally, I'd like to see you win as you are more likely to give Borgen a good match up.

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2006 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

FischerKing wrote:
Talons
Unlike scoring, a turn 16 foul has no purpose other than to hurt the other guys team, and make hes next game harder. It doesnt count for ff, it doesnt give you spp's and it whont change anything in the score of the game. Its just plain bitterness or vindictive feelings or whatever. If the other team played very dirty during the game, and theres a foulwar going on or whatever, its more undestandable, but that wasnt the case here.

Its allowed in the game and I hope it made j0de feel better, then it had some purpose at least. That player could have made the semi more eaven, and I hope it will be a good game anyway. Tirred of specking UI games thats over after the first half.

I do agree with you FischerKing but...

At what point should a player stop fouling or blocking?

Suppose you are 3 or 4 TDs down with 2 or 3 turns to play.
Should you take it easy because you cannot win?

In that case you are possibly giving your opponent and unfair advantage for the next round as they may have to face a team who had to fight to the death till the final whistle. Maybe with overtime too.

Don't you owe it to future opponents to play hard until the very end?

Yeah, yeah, I know. I'd cry like a baby if someone did it to me. just asking. Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2006 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

If I am in a tourney and my opponent has clearly lost but keeps blitzing me then I think it is perfectly acceptable to keep fouling him to try to protect my team. A T16 foul on the other hand is quite low. I don't think I would do it on the last turn of the game. If my opp had another turn and this guy might hit me then I would potentially foul him. Smile But then I like fouling!

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2006 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Lets say it again it is only Elf business so who cares

About the foul. It was an elf getting fouled. Less of them is good. Had it bin a dwarf who was fouled I would have bin outrageous. Very Happy

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2006 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I suppose it's not right to foul every turn because you know he's gotta play one of your mates next. Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2006 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Theres only one solution to this.... Oventa has a skill pending... GET A DIRTY PLAYER AND FOUL PETE MERCILESSLY!!!

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2006 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah
block and blitz all you whant, that gives you spp's and shows on the players statistik page. It counts for ff too.
Fouling in turn 16 is different. There might be a reason to do it from time to time, if the other guy has one turn left before you score, and you can foul hes oneturner, ok theres a reason for it Smile
FischerKing

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2006 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Another pathetik performance at the UI. Some quick cas to OverDose, catchers falling 3+ dodges and hurting themselves, not being able to get the ball away when it came of hes stalling drive and a blitzer who couldnt catch 2+ in the endzone made this game very uninteresting, sadly.
 Jump to: