41 coaches online • Server time: 03:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
willyfart

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2006 - 02:33 Reply with quote Back to top

This team (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=240491) has been plagued with bad luck, I wanted to retire it during the worst but for strange girlfriend-related reasons this is impossible.

Having read numerous other threads where you give the OP advice I thought I'd join in. One thing of note is that Mogeka (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=2808073) has rolled doubles on her skill.

My gut feeling is to buy a blocker, fire the niggler, and give Mogeka block even though it seems like a waste of a doubles roll (because she has guard people keep victimising the poor girl). When money allows I should get a second blocker and sack the -ST (suffered during an aging roll) player.

Any better ideas?
Bamboo

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2006 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

hmmmm... a noob myself really, but...
may seem like a waste of a double to get block but i reckon it'll prove worthwhile later. Although I find Stand Firm is an annoying skill to have with guard. Don't worry, your good players WILL be picked on, that's the game.
You don't have a thrower... doubles mean you can take passing skills right? Just a thought
Yeah, fire the nigglated 0spp nobody, but keep the st2 with dodge for now. Other teams manage to do stuff with that kind of player...
More noob ideas please
Wizard

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2006 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

The team looks fine to me - why retire it??
Get jump up for your gaurd, fire the niggler and spend some cash on a blitzer (they come with block)
Sack the -ST lineman when you get the cash to replace him, until then he is your fouler and assist man

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2006 - 02:51 Reply with quote Back to top

What were the "girlfriend reasons"??
Smerbev

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2006 - 02:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd probably opt for block because people are going to target the player because of guard.

Stand Firm can't be taken because it's a strength Trait, not just a skill. My DE blitzer's would love it to be a skill mind you =)

Get rid of the niggler and pick up a blitzer. Use the S2 as an expendable LOS player, fouler and assister.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style2,Unknown-spc-Kadath.png]Image[/url]
Tallmaris

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2006 - 02:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm with wizard...

You can't take stand firm on lineelf since it is a trait, so I'll stick with jump up... but dauntless could be an idea as well (anwyay he mostly assist and does not block, but who knows?).

Fire the niggled and buy a blitzer... then get a soft game just to buy another lino in the next match (if you get a bit lucky with winnings)

Math and alcohol don't mix well... please don't drink and derive
Wyrmtainter

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2006 - 03:22 Reply with quote Back to top

What I would do...

Fire both injuries. Get yourself a blitzer for 100k. As for that guarder: Jump Up would be really useful since a guard player always gets hit...he would be able to block when he stands. Also Nerves of Steel is always annoying on Ag4 players.
amstar34

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2006 - 04:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Take Jump Up on the Guard Player. And buy the cheapest player you can to increase your roster. You have to think two or three games out to really build effectively. By buying the cheapest player you have leftover money for the next player if you continue to suffer injuries. If no injuries occur, you can save up for someone more expensive.
If you do choose to forgo the double roll, then take dodge instead of block. It offers almost the same amount of protection, but will allow you to place the guard where you want it and also let you use him on offense.
In any case, use the niggles slightly more aggressively then you normally would. Don't fire them, unless you have plenty of other players, which in this case you don't.
But that is only my opinion.

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2006 - 04:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Always fire niggled players - there not worth the TR/TS reduction
If you sack them, your TR goes down and your next game is easier
If you keep a niggle there is a 1 in 6 that you will be 6 - 8 TR down (without the handicap benefit) even before the game has started

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2006 - 05:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd keep them but as for that doubles I really would take Dauntless as Dark Elves are one of a few teams who has to get really lucky to have players strong enough to hold the line against many high str teams or you could just take Jump-Up and cherry-pick... I agree you should keep the -st for the LoS and his 2+ with RR dodges but as for the niggle it's your gamble, he should likely be replaced very soon as I say you should only keep a niggle if he's especially skilled...
Sysiphos

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2006 - 08:03 Reply with quote Back to top

what about MB? would add some hitting power to your team...

Sack the niggler and keep the -st for linefodder thingies...

Regareds
Sys
Everblight

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2006 - 08:49 Reply with quote Back to top

First post at all in this foruma and I'm rather a noob too, but...

Giving MB or Dauntless to the guard player seems to me rather a waste since he is there mainly to assist other's blocks and not to block himself (MB and dauntless should be taken AFTER taking block anyway).

Block is a skill your player sorely needs but wasting a double is somewhat hurtful... so all in all I'd take jump up if I were you.

BTW don't think your team is plagued by bad luck. Dark elves (and Chaos) teams are widely know to suffer a lot in the first steps of their careers..

..and I DO know something about that.

Wink
Webbe

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2006 - 09:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I waste doubles all the time, it's not a big deal, makes your teams better.
Get block!
willyfart

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2006 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow! Thanks for all the replies! I ended up sacking the niggler and hiring a blitzer as was widely suggested. However, I took block over jump up, my reasoning was the player will need another 11 spps to get the next skill and that may take a long time (this particular player has been hogging MVPs and so I need to concentrate on skilling up my other guys). I didn't take dodge because that can be countered with tackle.

I'm going to keep the ST2, at least for the time being, and if he gets MVPed then I'll pray for doubles and dauntless.

As for the girlfriend related reason, she is from Slovenia and has a name that's difficult for English people to spell properly. All of the players are named after people's misspellings of her name, and as such she has become quite attached to the team. When the first player was fouled to death she was almost in tears. I was almost in tears when the player was post-humously awarded the MVP Smile
LordSnotball

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2006 - 13:10 Reply with quote Back to top

they misspell/mispronounce her name, and call her windowface? *ack*

it looks like a fine dark elf team imo, and dark elves don't take off till they reach 175+ imo, so any victories at lower TR is great!

don't retire them, learn how to play them... they get beaten up but are loads of fun...

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
 Jump to: