42 coaches online • Server time: 15:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BigMac

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2006 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

OK i know that Ranked is about the Coach, ranking and stuff.
Anyway, it would be great if there were more goals.

I don't know what happened to the "medals and bonuses idea"?
(It was something like "if you manage to play every race once with a team you get a medal and like +2 FF or 200k or something.)

What about giving away free skills?
When you manage to play 10 matches vs Chaos one of your Linemen gets "Dauntless" for free. Something like that.

Some goodies to encurage people to play for something else than the usual "build a team". Just brainstorming don't flame be to hard. ._.
tadgoraucymru

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2006 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, lots turn it into proper football (in the non-us way) and we can have goalkeepers instead of throwers.
seandon12

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2006 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

i think to win is the standardised goal and evry 10 games vs chaos u get dauntless for free is possbily the most stupid thing iv ever heard ...

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2006 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

how about Fumbbl smack? XFL, UI, fumbbl cup, Warpstone, E.L.F and a host of other tourneys and goals????? Ranked has it's reasons other than random one off games.

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2006 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

All Hail Macavity Mighty Leader of the forums, I pay homage to him!

that is for sure the most stupid thing iv ever heard Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2006 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep it our of ranked.

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2006 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Dauntless = verry daring, knows no fear.

I think it would be a good idea to encurage some things. Killing 10 Trolls earns you a free Dwarv Troll Slayer, regardless which race your team is.
Stuff like that, thats not exactly LIKELY to happen but would be damn funny if it happens once in a while!
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2006 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to see trophies to be awarded for such feats, but these trophies should not have any effect gamewise whatsoever. Ranked should be an open environment yet LRB compliant. Adding bonuses would defeat that whole idea. But getting trophies or medals that only show feats like "played up +5 TS five times in a row", could be a fun way of showing the world what the team has in store.

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2006 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Well no effect what so ever makes it boring so chances are it won't be popular...
Shinan

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2006 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd take some shiny medal on my team page over a stat increase or skill any day.

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2006 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

but the thing is ranked is popular as it is and people come here to play bloodbowl which is what ranked is for, they dont come to play bloodbowl with free silly rule trollslayer

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2006 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

BigMac: You really have to make your own goals and fluff if you want to make ranked interesting.
All my ranked teams have some kind of idéa or restraints on them.

Horny Elfbowlers: A chaosteam without injuryskills (currently #1 TS chaos team)
Ultimate Showdown OUD: Started as a zombieteam to see which zombie survived the longest
Fast Orcs: Pure Lineman team until recently
Prodigy Farm: Pure lineman team, replacing all players not rolling doubles or +stat
Hold the Line: My only real Goal team, with the following ambition;

"Phase 1:
Max 13 players
Max 4 Rerolls
Kick +35 spp players with normal rolls
Kick injured players when 13 players

Complete when:
4 blitzers and 4 rerolls
+16 spp on 12 healthy players"

Creating something which everyone should follow could be hard.
A fun idéa would be to let the site randomly generate a goal for the team, just for fun that is,
e.g. "Win a game against every race" or "Win two games without conceding any TD's in a row"

thesquig

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2006 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

torsoboy wrote:
I would like to see trophies to be awarded for such feats, but these trophies should not have any effect gamewise whatsoever. Ranked should be an open environment yet LRB compliant. Adding bonuses would defeat that whole idea. But getting trophies or medals that only show feats like "played up +5 TS five times in a row", could be a fun way of showing the world what the team has in store.

This is more fun than a free troll slayer. I think this is a supurb idea. It should be implimented immediatly! Seriously... why the hell not, we reward people for paying for fumbbl, why not for in game things?

BigMac

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2006 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

slanter wrote:
BigMac: You really have to make your own goals and fluff if you want to make ranked interesting.

Sorry, useless.
In order to spark competition, it have to be global goals.

I think it would be damn funny to have a Dwarv Troll Slayer on the one Elf team that actually managed to kill 10 Trolls. I mean come on what are the chances for that to happen? And still we could rank teams for how many Trolls they have killed... Very Happy
Sinner

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2006 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the medal idea (no bonuses) just for the reason that I'd like to see how many my dark elves (360ish) games and the other "olde" teams get when it is implemented backwards Very Happy

Jump to: