42 coaches online • Server time: 10:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Exempt teams
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2006 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I misread this forum topic as: Ranked needs Goats.

I'm slightly disappointed and have nothing to contribute...

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2006 - 01:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I dunno, any reward for playing up TR would encourage people to take risky games, since the promise of rewards would make people braver. Rather than now where we weigh up the odds of a game and decide how many elves can i lose, we would rather be trying to see how high above our weight we can punch as it were. Not a bad idea in principle, but in need of moderation and open to abuse

"Hugh Mann eh? Now theres a name I can trust!"
Me Loves Futurama
BigMac

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2006 - 01:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Question: Is there ANY Team on FUMBBL that had EVER managed to kill 10 Trolls?
jimimothybodles

Post 3 Posted: Apr 25, 2006 - 01:52 Reply with quote Back to top

oh no, my works has broken. i know! i'll throw a spanner in there! that'll fix it!

Rolling Eyes

Arktoris

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2006 - 02:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Rank could use a few goats, especially the kind you can feed milk and eat food from your hand. But the kind that tackle you and pile-on with fangs...no thanks Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2006 - 02:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Good idea honestly. Something for winning streaks, and so forth. Might incourage cherrypicking though and other things like killing trolls when not needing to, dont know if I would have a problem with the last part Smile
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2006 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Big mac you are wrong. Ranked is about bloodbowl. Here we have touchdowns not goals.

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2006 - 10:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Yay, another "Let's do this and that to ranked"-thread. I have new deja vu-experiences every day this week!
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2006 - 11:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I can live with it as it is but just my 5 Cents now: Ranked Games should not have an effect on the CR, only playing in ranked Cups should have. In other words you gain Points for playing in ranked major or minor Cups and this points will be deleted in next years tourney iow after one year the points will be deleted. If you play less then x Major and x Minor tourney (maybe 2 Majors and 4 Minors or something like that) you will have no ranking at all. Its similar to the old ATP system in Tennis. Cherrypicking for Team Development would be the same as it is but without gaining CR and to gain CR Points you cant go out of the way of that nasty CD Team you always said "no thx" too.
Mully

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2006 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

The rpoblem with that idea is that it will encourage EVEN MORE ranked coaches cherry picking NOOBS to build up their ranked teams in preparation for the Cups.

It already happens now with some of the cup Elf teams, but at least there are negative CR consequences if they happen to lose.

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2006 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

pizzamogul wrote:
I misread this forum topic as: Ranked needs Goats.

Hah me too!

pizzamogul wrote:
I'm slightly disappointed and have nothing to contribute...

Hah me too!
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2006 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd not mind 'medals' or 'badges' for teams whom play (say) 5 matches in a row 10 TS or more up, providing they actually have a winning ratio too of course!

Or something similar.

A 'badge' like that should last only a certain number of games (another 5 perhaps?) so you'd need to 'update' regularly.

But is it worth the hassle for fumbbl to implement it is the REAL question.

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2006 - 11:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Jinxed wrote:
I'd not mind 'medals' or 'badges' for teams whom play (say) 5 matches in a row 10 TS or more up, providing they actually have a winning ratio too of course!

Or something similar.

A 'badge' like that should last only a certain number of games (another 5 perhaps?) so you'd need to 'update' regularly.

But is it worth the hassle for fumbbl to implement it is the REAL question.

a bit of honesty: I didn't read the thread (well partly because I have read enough of -I hate ranked but ranked should be this and it's full of chicken and and and...- by bigmac. But I apologies. There might be good ideas in this thread.

Post   Posted: May 07, 2006 - 01:21 Reply with quote Back to top

FIRST: I love the idea of badges or trophies or whatever you want to call them, as long as they don't alter the game itself. Setting goals only to alter your team by adding speical abilities boils down to cherrypicking when you wind up targeting teams you can beat just to get the benefits.

SECONDLY: BigMac, shut up.

THIRDLY: Cherrypicking will NEVER stop. LEt me say that one more time in case some a-hole missed it: CHERRYPICKING WILL NEVER STOP. Get over it. You don't like cherrypickers, don't play them, and don't be them. It's that easy. Spamming like a twelve year old with ADD will only make cherrypickers take extra special notice of you and make you a target. In fact, think obnoxious threads like this make non-cherrypickers look at you as someone who deserves to be abused and punished.

And on that note, CHERRYPICKERS OF THE WORLD UNITE!!!! All of you have a mission- find a way to horribly abuse BigMac so he has something to cry about.

p.s. if any of you do happen to find some goats in ranked... they're liars. i swear i never touched them.

[edit] i'm confused. why are you trying to hamper cherrypicking in the first place when your rookie's guide to fouling post clearly indicates that you are an advocate of cherrypicking? which side of the fence are you on? [/edit]
MiBasse

Post   Posted: May 07, 2006 - 03:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Hassan_Ninkin wrote:

[edit] i'm confused. why are you trying to hamper cherrypicking in the first place when your rookie's guide to fouling post clearly indicates that you are an advocate of cherrypicking? which side of the fence are you on? [/edit]

Sorry but that's a load of something nasty Smile Just what do you base these accusations on?
 Jump to: