70 coaches online • Server time: 23:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Shoould Academy teams be allowed to move to unranked...
No
50%
 50%  [ 97 ]
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 97 ]
Total Votes : 194

Arktoris

Post   Posted: May 19, 2006 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

just how big of a problem is this? So what if somebody "cherrys" in [A] and builds up to TR150. Most tournaments require new teams only, and if they don't, generally the TR is over TR200 from [R] that have moved into [U]. Cherrying in [A] won't increase your win% or CR and won't provide a significant edge in [U] tournaments. Do we really need to change the rules about who and when somebody can switch a team from [A] to [U]??

Post   Posted: May 19, 2006 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I really think you should only be allowed t oswitch a team from Academy to Unranked for your first 100 games on fumbbl. Or maybe 2 teams total.

Post   Posted: May 19, 2006 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

brownrob wrote:
reading this has persuaded me to do two things, search out cherrypickers and boo them all game long! Laughing and actually play there and help the guys in there Smile

They won't play you, they will know you are not new and they wont benefit from it...
Meech

Post   Posted: May 19, 2006 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I think he is actually talking about playing new people while booing pickers!

Post   Posted: May 19, 2006 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, I think this is a lot of hallabaloo over nothing. [A] should be good for many things, but primarily as a place for newbs to learn something about playing on fumbbl. Allowing experienced coaches to cherry-pick the newbs will teach the newbs a valuable lesson about playing on fumbbl: There are assholes who will cherry pick you and hurt your team for their own gain. That sort of lesson is every bit as valuable as learning how to protect the ball.

I don't care if the ability to move teams is removed. I never play in U anyway so getting a head start for U is meaningless to me.

I think a lot of people are missing out on what could be a major draw for [A]- as a highly competetive league for veterans. Instead of playing tourneys in R where you have to face monstrosities such as the Blood Falcons, [A] enforces a more even playing field where coaches have to make some development decisions to make the most competetive team they can withing the 150tr restriction. I'd much rather play tourneys in [A] over R for this very reason.
Thyrreks

Post   Posted: May 19, 2006 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

IF Coach has no teams in other divisions than [A] THEN allow change to [U]

If pigs had wings.......they could fly.

Keep A division as it is right now and play considering that it is a training match during which you will teach some tricks to your opponent, giving some advice about the way of setting up his team, avoid stalling and keep away from fouling unless the opponent starts first,etc etc

And don't be afraid of my Skavens, ha ha ha
Meech

Post   Posted: May 19, 2006 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think people need to be taught that there are jerks on Fumbbl. That is like watching someone get hit by a car not saying something and saying "Now they know that there are bad drivers". It will be very hard to continue to grow a community with a thought process like that.

Post   Posted: May 19, 2006 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

i agree with meech. we want the new members to see the best side of our community, not the neighborhood bullies. sure they're out there, naturally, but if it's in our power to keep the bullies away from the rookies for a little while, then why would we not do so?

i also agree with thy about the challenge of maintaining a team under 150 tr. an academy league could be a lot of fun
Sysiphos

Post   Posted: May 19, 2006 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

no comment on the following match...

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1209209
nin

Post   Posted: May 19, 2006 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I made a team in [A]cademy to help, Wood Elves and let some noobs crliple them, after three matches it's well under 100TR/TS still not loosing and trying to help and give advice when/if asked (I don't want to make booring matches by showing a noob how wrong he's in every move... and then roll snake eyes Wink ).
I'm proud of this team and would like to keep them... but if this means people cherripicking in [A] I don't mind retiring them if they ever reach 150+ TR
...idea: noobs don't have CR at first, neither [R]anked matches played record. Imagine that you can't transfer teams from [A] to [U] if you have played in [R] NOTIFY THIS FACT IN CAPITALS when creating new teams... thats going to be a problem with new people playing in [A] and then playing a single match in [R] to "see how it works" and it will discourage some a bit the creation of [A] teams and may be there are some weird [U] cherripickers that have never played [R] !?
But may be it's an improvement.

(if you are new to the site and the game, playing only in [A] and [U] isn't that bad. If you are new to the site but good with BloodBolw then change your teams from [A] to [U] before messing with [R] even if they are not +150TR)
Meech

Post   Posted: May 19, 2006 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Imerikol wrote:
Personally, I think this is a lot of hallabaloo over nothing. [A] should be good for many things, but primarily as a place for newbs to learn something about playing on fumbbl. Allowing experienced coaches to cherry-pick the newbs will teach the newbs a valuable lesson about playing on fumbbl: There are assholes who will cherry pick you and hurt your team for their own gain. That sort of lesson is every bit as valuable as learning how to protect the ball.

I don't care if the ability to move teams is removed. I never play in U anyway so getting a head start for U is meaningless to me.

I think a lot of people are missing out on what could be a major draw for [A]- as a highly competetive league for veterans. Instead of playing tourneys in R where you have to face monstrosities such as the Blood Falcons, [A] enforces a more even playing field where coaches have to make some development decisions to make the most competetive team they can withing the 150tr restriction. I'd much rather play tourneys in [A] over R for this very reason.

Hmmm

Sysiphos wrote:
no comment on the following match...

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1209209

I am sure there is a joke here about the newer players learning what kind of person Imerkol is. Of course that would be unfair. Maybe he pointed out in the game how to effectively foul with Khemri. Razz

Post   Posted: May 19, 2006 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

[18:06] <Imerikol> Hey Sys, I play in A to goof off and teach people some lessons about fumbbl. Like don't play against khemri
[18:06] <Keravin> That's why you crippled two teams last night
[18:07] <Imerikol> It's just academy
[18:07] <Imerikol> teams here don't matter
[18:07] <Keravin> Not to someone who has been playing here a while no.
[18:07] <Keravin> To someone starting out they just might
Macavity

Post   Posted: May 19, 2006 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, honestly, m8, it is a good lesson to learn. When you get around to joining Ranked, play my no-tree flings.

On the other hand, I lost all attachment to players when the Top Ten racial lists disappeared.... Maybe I'm just cold and un-loving...

Post   Posted: May 19, 2006 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Mac you are in Canada, of course you are cold. As far as unloving, I bet you give it up all the time.

Post   Posted: May 19, 2006 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

And http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1209383
 Jump to: