40 coaches online • Server time: 14:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MiBasse

Post   Posted: May 18, 2006 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Jinxed wrote:
How on earth do people have the cheek to complain about a free site like fumbbl?

I cannot help but notice that Bigmac has not donated the last 6 months either.

Rrright...

Actually you might be wrong - maybe he just hasn't manually requested the badge for donating. I know I didn't - request the badge I mean.
xlars

Post   Posted: May 18, 2006 - 13:00 Reply with quote Back to top

@ Jinxed. To be fair he didn't complain, but asked a question. And do you think that making donations gives you more of a right to complain? Besides he could have donated and just not have had it recorded!
On topic. I don't think that more ranked slots are needed, there were times when I wanted more, and... There are games played in unranked and stunty has a lot of fun teams too. As I see it you can have 3 super strong teams if that is what you like, and still have 2 slot for trying new teams out.
-XL

Post   Posted: May 18, 2006 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

@Snorri. That was such a good post it deserved to be posted twice Smile

What would happen if U and R were swapped, well for a start my CR would plummit from it's already incredibly high 136.something Smile

Seriously, if you want to much around and experiment with teams, then look at the SWL Fringe, or the no doubt soon to be NWL Fringe for the Americans.
Dendiir

Post   Posted: May 18, 2006 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Who on earth needs more R slots?
For what reasons?

Lets grab some :

1. "I want to experiment more"
-> get yourself to the U division. Theres Space enough to test all different kinds of teams

2. "Nobody plays in U"
-> definitly wrong. Its more the other way round. If u are lfg in U youll probably find an opponent much faster who will play you, just because most people dont "cherrypick" in U and just play the game

3. "I dont wanna play a team for a long time but test out others"
-> then uve got one slot less? Who cares? Ive got a slot free for my RRR teams and wont ever complain of not enough space for new teams.

The only reason that counts FOR more R slots is :

"I wanna be a better cherrypicker and get more oppinions for every possible game to cherrypick my opponent."

R is, like its meant to be, a competitive Division, with different Teams trying to compete against each other and play for the honour of a coach. You identify urself with the teams you play in R (or lets better say : you should) and the teams should last some time. The Teams should be mentioned, they should be recognized in the long way and the name of a coach in R should be identified with HIS teams and not with a mass of different teams. Its like a big league youre playing in, a big open league to compete for the best coach every been there.

And its NOT (and i mean NEVER EVER) a Division to try out different teams, to get a load of different teams, to retire the teams faster than u make new ones, to test out new options.

Or would you like to be recognized as the coach with the most different retired teams in one week?

I absoluty agree with Snorri, if you wanna get a nearly same idea like the R division with more possibilities to create teams -> organize a local (or global or world wide what ever) open league in U, run Tournaments in that league when ever you want and let THERE be no limit to the teams everybody creates.

Greetz
vanGorn

Post   Posted: May 18, 2006 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe a TR cap in [R] would help, like in [A].

RandBlade

Post   Posted: May 22, 2006 - 09:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Dendir, you're right you shouldn't be regularly retiring teams. But I fail to see how competitively ranked teams of differing races is an oxymoron. Yes, you should take your teams seriously - but what is the harm in rankings different races? Or different styles of the same race? And such a low limit on slots induces rather than counters the retiring of teams.

It seems to me that some coaches who find that U are what they want, are then objecting to those of us who find that a ranking is a part of what we want. Well fine, use U yourself, you've got plenty of slots to play around with. But don't be such a snob yourselves, how about just 5 slots for U? Would you appreciate that?
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 22, 2006 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

RandBlade wrote:
Dendir, you're right you shouldn't be regularly retiring teams. But I fail to see how competitively ranked teams of differing races is an oxymoron. Yes, you should take your teams seriously - but what is the harm in rankings different races? Or different styles of the same race? And such a low limit on slots induces rather than counters the retiring of teams.

It seems to me that some coaches who find that U are what they want, are then objecting to those of us who find that a ranking is a part of what we want. Well fine, use U yourself, you've got plenty of slots to play around with. But don't be such a snob yourselves, how about just 5 slots for U? Would you appreciate that?

pffff you played 50 games, never tried U....

ok, let's go:

-In U, you can create tournaments
-In R you just can play official ones, runned at various moments. They are always competitive minded and always KO style.

For this reason, U needs more slots if you wanna play tournements.

Then after:
U is supposed to be the defaulting division
F a competitive league form official setting
S for stuntys and funny reversal of standard LRB games
R for competitive games for the ranking
A for learning the game/a race

These are IMO, what are the designs of those divisions.

However, de facto, R is the most played league making it the default division creating two bugs that are raising here and then in the forums:
-cherrypickers (competitive coaches that pray the non-competitive ones)
-CR: the ones that consider R as the defaulting div, refuses to move to U (because, as I said, it's by the facts the defaulting one) because they would play less.

the 5 team limit is one of the few thing that limits R to become the final massive open div.

So by design, yes that 5 teams limit is necessary. It wouldn't maybe be so if R was different. Or not the default place like now. Maybe drastic changes are requiered? That will never happen because it would make so many people angry.