41 coaches online • Server time: 14:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Webbe

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2006 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

With the TV system +st will be a lot less mandatory as it gives you so much more TV compared to a normal skill or double. Very good!
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2006 - 13:20
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I'll be turning down +str on any av8 Big Guy IMHO it's especially important for them to get block ASAP.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2006 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Optihut wrote:
JanMattys wrote:
I would not. A ST6 guard is something your opponent can't move. Plus, you have 1/6 chance to roll another double for block, and 1/36 chance to roll another +ST. Plus, with ST6 you only need an assist to get three dice, so no block is not THAT bad.

But even with 3 dice the odds of falling over on a block are higher than on a 2 die block with the block skill: It's 1 / 27 for the 3 dice and 1 / 36 for 2 dice.

Also, if the Big guy is standing next to an opposing longbeard, it doesn't matter whether he has got ST 5 or ST 6, the longbeard will still get a 2 die block with the big guy's choice when he blocks him. Since the longbeard only dodges with a 50% chance, his best odds are blocking the big guy:

ST5 Block Bigguy: 11% of knocking him down, 30% chance of the longbeard falling over

ST6 non-block Bigguy: 25% of knocking him down, 30% chance of the longbeard falling over, 45% push.

So the odds of knocking down your +ST big guy are almost as big as the odds for the longbeard going down, they're even higher with a reroll. A non-block big guy is simply too unreliable to have on the pitch.

All right. But the chances to get block later in his career compensate all that you said.

I had a ST6 Block Guard Ogre and I would have NEVER preferred a Block-Guard StandFirm one (assuming I took Block instead of +ST at 6 spps...)

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2006 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I d also add this about 3 dices blocks. 1/27 = 3,7% so really low.

However vs a standard player with block:
knock him down=5/9 at 2dices+b=55.5%
knock him down=19/27 at 3dices=70.3%

vs a blodger
2d+b=>11/36=30.5%
3d=>57.9%

vs a skillless player:
2d+b=>3/4=75%
3d=>70.3%

chances to fall alone
3d=>3.7%
2d+b=>2.7%

well then it is debatable how many 3dices blocks you will have overall. But by comparison only of 3dices vs 2dices+block, my choice is very easy:

3 DICES

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2006 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL

he pretends he is:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=2412370

he thinks he is:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=2698686

but he is it:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=2412363

Smile

Plorg wrote:
amstar34 wrote:
So this question will undoubtedly be asked again!

Not by me! NEVER! <shakes fist at clouds>

xcver wrote:
"Power without perception is virtually useless and therefor of no true value!"

I am the true Fist of the North Star!

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2006 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
All right. But the chances to get block later in his career compensate all that you said.

I had a ST6 Block Guard Ogre and I would have NEVER preferred a Block-Guard StandFirm one (assuming I took Block instead of +ST at 6 spps...)

It's really preference, taking +ST is certainly worthwhile too, but I prefer block. Emphasy used to have an ST 6 ogre without block on his ogre team. After playing me, he didn't... A block ogre might have lasted longer (although I have to admit that the injury came to be from a foul and not a block, but it was the block and his lack of the block skill that got him down, so...).
maxlongstreet

Post   Posted: May 06, 2006 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I can come up with a number of different scenarios where I wouldn't necessarily take +strength, most of which have already been mentioned. A dauntless ST 2 player like AFK mentioned probably has better choices. For a treeman, I might choose something else--I certainly would if I already had +strength. For an ogre team I might choose block or pro depending on the team.
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: May 08, 2006 - 05:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Big Guys should always use the double on Block/Pro

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
Furious_George

Post   Posted: May 08, 2006 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

As to whomever asked, 'why should i get a s8 tree'. Surely a better question is why shouldnt you? I mean think of it Smile Beating some silly orcs with strength 8 just HAS to be satisfying Very Happy

"Hugh Mann eh? Now theres a name I can trust!"
Me Loves Futurama
SergeiBautin

Post   Posted: May 16, 2006 - 11:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, how about this one then. http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=194842 The tree just rolled a double 6. Im thinking like hell, trying to decide on St7 or Block. suggestions?

Post   Posted: May 16, 2006 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

+ST every time, never a question involved

ever wonder why a +ST is worth 50k in LRB5.0 and a Double is worth 30k? Wink
StarBreeze

Post   Posted: May 16, 2006 - 11:38 Reply with quote Back to top

If you dont get +str nuffle will come to you in the middle of the night when your sleeping face down and get medievil with your...COUCH!
Optihut

Post   Posted: May 16, 2006 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

SergeiBautin wrote:
Ok, how about this one then. http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=194842 The tree just rolled a double 6. Im thinking like hell, trying to decide on St7 or Block. suggestions?

Well, the advantage from ST6->ST7 is larger than from ST5->ST6 due to the 3 die blocks without assists against ST3 players. In that case, even I would pick +ST. On other big guys I'd go for block.
Hindsberg

Post   Posted: May 16, 2006 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

So plorg opened up a discussion to close one. But he was wrong. So the thread cotinues.
SergeiBautin

Post   Posted: May 16, 2006 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

yes, the St7 gives 3 dive blocks by itself, but block gives you more knockdowns, and therefore more SPP.

Jump to: