32 coaches online • Server time: 09:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post 7s for fummbl?goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is the Khemri's cheese factor as high as using the AWP in Counterstrike?
Oh hell yeah, only losers play khemri!
29%
 29%  [ 24 ]
What? No way! Go home!
17%
 17%  [ 14 ]
Don't know, don't care, but I'll gang foul you and your players. But mostly you.
34%
 34%  [ 28 ]
I am Macavity!
18%
 18%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 81

Optihut

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

After seeing people interject "Oh, look at me, I am playing khemri, so I open myself up to verbal abuse by all the anti-khemri whiners!" into a conversation that isn't even about khemri, I thought it would be ok to make another khemri thread. Besides, there are too many fouling threads, so the khemri complaint threads need to catch up!
f0rd

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I would say khemri is like base camping and pro elves or wood elves are the AWP.

Base campers dont win and neither does khemri, AWPers do and so do WE/proE.

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

f0rd wrote:

Well, while Pro Elves and Wood Elves have good win rates, it's Chaos Dwarves and Amazons who are at the top of the list. I reserve my greatest hatred for CDs, since they do it without even having any particular lists they have to avoid. And because they're freaks in weird hats. Shocked

Edit: Incidentally, this thread seems to be a spin-off from this thread, which in turn was a spin-off from this thread. This could be the start of a good run ...

Last edited by pac on %b %03, %2006 - %12:%May; edited 1 time in total
Pirrekurr

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 12:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't even understand why anyone would like to play khemrians. It is the most boring team out there, the only other team that comes even close to it is Dwarfs. I know this is my very subjective opinion, but it is the truth Wink .
Pirrekurr

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 12:35 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:
f0rd wrote:

Well, while Pro Elves and Wood Elves have good win rates, it's Chaos Dwarves and Amazons who are at the top of the list. I reserve my greatest hatred for CDs, since they do it without even having any particular lists they have to avoid. And because they're freaks in weird hats. Shocked

Man, I have to be an even worse blood bowl coach than I thought. Amazons are the ones who win most often? I really need to learn how to play this game, or cherrypick better or something...
Sysiphos

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Pirrekurr wrote:
I don't even understand why anyone would like to play khemrians. It is the most boring team out there, the only other team that comes even close to it is Dwarfs. I know this is my very subjective opinion, but it is the truth Wink .

you play khemri if you are up for a good smack... something like http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=1164438
Optihut

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:
Edit: Incidentally, this thread seems to be a spin-off from this thread, which in turn was a spin-off from this thread. This could be the start of a good run ...

Heh, it sure is a spin-off from that thread, you got me there. Didn't know about the other thread, though.
pac

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Optihut wrote:
Heh, it sure is a spin-off from that thread, you got me there. Didn't know about the other thread, though.

Also, each of these three threads has appeared in a different forum. Perhaps the challenge should be to have a series of spin-offs which visit them all ...
Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Pirrekurr wrote:
pac wrote:
f0rd wrote:

Man, I have to be an even worse blood bowl coach than I thought. Amazons are the ones who win most often? I really need to learn how to play this game, or cherrypick better or something...

If you keep your TR artificially low by kicking out any player over 25 SPP and only play versus teams of equal TR (while avoiding Dwarves and CD), then yes...Amazons are the best race out there with Blodge Guard all around.

In a league environment (=in long-term versus opponents who have played as many games as you without regard to TR), zons are somewhat average. Perhaps a bit below average once opponents get some Tackle.

As for Khemri, skeletons are hard to skill up and they break real easy. Poor move and bad AG lead to caging, which can be easily countered by Leap blitzing or placing a side stepper next to the carrier. Khemrians don't really have too much variety in their ranks: their attacks are predictable and that's why it's a) easy for the opponent to tell what's coming next and prepare for it in advance and b) boring to play multiple games in a row with a Khemrian team.

sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

khemris and dwarves are so boring.... How many times did I heard that.

Let's solve this:

Why are they boring? because they are slow and don't pass.

Solution:
let's make dwarves MA7 and mummys MA 5 ag 4.

they could then play a running game (dwarves) and a passing game (khems)

(ps shouldn't I replace JJ? I am really a genius)

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:

Let's solve this:

Solution:
let's make dwarves MA7 and mummys MA 5 ag 4.

they could then play a running game (dwarves) and a passing game (khems)

(ps shouldn't I replace JJ? I am really a genius)

No one likes sarcastic French people. Wink
Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:

Let's solve this:

In short, they usually use a single, unchanging way to score (without multiple stat increases) - caging. As both players know beforehand what the match will be like, there's no anticipation and it all feels boring.

Wicked plays with Dwarves/Khemri are likely to make it more interesting for both players but a) caging is an easier play style to learn and use and b) more "interesting moments" usually mean "more randomness" and "more risky situations". In practise: it's fun to throw a HMP with Dwarven Runner but scoring that way won't be as certain as with caging.

Mnemon

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

And because Wood Elves can't bash make em all st4, av10, ma2 and let them start with right stuff, throw team mate, block, claw and rsc. They do have a treeman already, after all.

See - I am just as qualified.

-Mnemon
Macavity

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

/me just laughed for 5 minutes at the suggestion he would ever play an FPS.

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
/me just laughed for 5 minutes at the suggestion he would ever play an FPS.

It was the the evil, maniacal, hyper-confident "I will blow all your heads off with my AWP, MUAHAHHAA!" -kind of laugh, right? Wink

Jump to: